The Comprehensive Dialogue Guide (1 Viewer)

Rudgar

Content Creator
These lines ...
[...]

The lines:
intro:"Hi![intro1]*[YOU][intro1Named]*"
intro1Named:"Hey, I know you, you're *YOU*!"
intro1:"Huh? Who are you?"

[...]
... are the most badass code hack I have ever seen yet here for SDT dialogues!!!
:wat::wat::wat::eek::eek::eek:

And THANK YOU for the perfect explanation of it!

Deeply impressed,
Rudgar

P.S.: allowed myself to attach also here a slightly beautified code - for BOTH names, *ME* and *YOU*
Unfortunately *ME* insists on showing up when being testet - anyone a solution maxbe?

Attachments

Dialogue.txt
997 bytes · Views: 209

Last edited:

Rudgar

Content Creator
[...]
Could we use this with other variables than me or you? For example will *[var][line1]* trigger line1 even if var isn't defined in initial settings? I really like the idea of stacking triggers with only the last triggering if it is defined.
No, like this it just can't work. Look at the original line

intro:"Hi![intro1]*[YOU][intro1Named]*"

For [YOU] is NOT defined, the COMPLETE part between the asterisks is ignored - including [intro1Named]

Translated to your case:
*[var][line1]*

For [var] is NOT defined, the COMPLETE part between the asterisks is ignored - including [line1]

It WOULD work like this:
intro:"[line1]*[var][line2]*"

If [var] IS defined, it will jump to [line2], else it will jump to [line1] for this is the last legit adress presenting a "goto-order" (after ignoring everything between the astrisks).

Made sense for you?

Respectfully,
Rudgar

tom123

Potential Patron
Hmm. I dont know wether this has been discussed already,but is it in some way possible to write a dialogue so that a him-line triggers when she passes out? In the regular conditions, only "wake" is an option...

tom123

Potential Patron
Thats cool, but how do i get it? I cant download it from there. Do I really need this git software stuff? I dont want to register for another acount and all that...

Pim_gd

Content Creator

savage animal idiot

Potential Patron
So I'm having trouble locating the female character name. So basically, I've tried using an imported dialogue from this site called "trap wife" and whenever the *ME* wildcard is used, it is replaced with "trap wife" as her name. How to I fix this?

f93

Casual Client
So I'm having trouble locating the female character name. So basically, I've tried using an imported dialogue from this site called "trap wife" and whenever the *ME* wildcard is used, it is replaced with "trap wife" as her name. How to I fix this?

The name for *ME* is set in the character code/custom save data by using charName:Her Name Here; while the name used for *YOU* is the Dialogue Name set in the Custom tab of the menu.

I don't know why you're having that problem if you downloaded that dialogue from here, as it doesn't come with a character code. Under Custom Save Data in the Modding menu you can use Generate to get the code it's currently using, and Load to apply whatever is in the box. Try changing it there.

Anonymann55

Potential Patron
Hey guys, I need some help for this particular dialogue creation. How can I start the dialogue with the face accessories on my character? What are the codes and variables to make the face accessories appear on my character when the dialogue starts?

Help and tips are highly appreciated

EDIT: forgot to mention that when a face accessory like the tube gag is there, the dialogue never starts. It shows the dialogue bubble but the dialogue lines are not there

Last edited:

Wolf357

Avid Affiliate
EDIT: forgot to mention that when a face accessory like the tube gag is there, the dialogue never starts. It shows the dialogue bubble but the dialogue lines are not there
From memory, gag items prevent HER speech. THOUGHT and HIM speech should fire normally, but any lines that aren't of those types (and "untyped" lines are HER) won't process because it can't. Similar to how only THOUGHT and HIM lines process when she'd throated, as well.

Anonymann55

Potential Patron
From memory, gag items prevent HER speech. THOUGHT and HIM speech should fire normally, but any lines that aren't of those types (and "untyped" lines are HER) won't process because it can't. Similar to how only THOUGHT and HIM lines process when she'd throated, as well.

Thanks mate

EDIT: tried out your method the THOUGHT and HIM lines are not working as well....
EDIT no. 2 :found out what was the problem....it's the initial setting not put to the right part
EDIT no. 3 :apparently dialogues no matter which type is prevented by the gags. i have tested the dialogue with and without the mouth gag

Last edited:

aztlan

Casual Client
They should permit HIM talking and her THOUGHT lines, just not HER speaking lines.

Are you using vanilla or Dialogue Actions + Loader?

If vanilla, try using an Intro THOUGHT or HIM line, and make sure you don't trigger any other lines prior to this intro firing. One trick is to have a version of each line that drives the narrative structure where she speaks repeated as a THOUGHT line so you don't get stuck. (If SHE is gagged and has a choice of a HER spoken line and THOUGHT or HIM line, she should always choose the THOUGHT/HIM line.

Try a test dialogue whose ONLY line is an INTRO THOUGHT line and see if that plays. (Intro lines can be somewhat unreliable, and you might find other liens firing when you expect it to fire.)

If DA + Loader use Start THOUGHT/HIM lines. Start lines reliably fire before all other lines so are "better" than Intro lines for setting things up.

One problem you could be having is if you are gagging HER in the opening line and then trying to have her speak (or redirecting her to another spoken line), this can get you stuck where she is trying to speak but can't.

Last edited:

Anonymann55

Potential Patron
They should permit HIM talking and her THOUGHT lines, just not HER speaking lines.

Are you using vanilla or Dialogue Actions + Loader?

If vanilla, try using an Intro THOUGHT or HIM line, and make sure you don't trigger any other lines prior to this intro firing. One trick is to have a version of each line that drives the narrative structure where she speaks repeated as a THOUGHT line so you don't get stuck. (If SHE is gagged and has a choice of a HER spoken line and THOUGHT or HIM line, she should always choose the THOUGHT/HIM line.

Try a test dialogue whose ONLY line is an INTRO THOUGHT line and see if that plays. (Intro lines can be somewhat unreliable, and you might find other liens firing when you expect it to fire.)

If DA + Loader use Start THOUGHT/HIM lines. Start lines reliable fire before all other lines so are "better" than Intro lines for setting things up.

One problem you could be having is if you are gagging HER in the opening line and then trying to have her speak (or redirecting her to another spoken line), this can get you stuck where she is trying to speak but can't.

i'm using the Loader with DA. It works!! Thank you so very much for this help aztlan!!

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
So just for quick reference for myself, could you clearly define the variables as simply as possible, so that I can copy-paste your answer onto a dialogue template I'm following? Here's what I understand so far:
  • YOU - The name of the Him model as entered through the options menu.
  • ME - The name of the Her model, such as Asuka.
  • YOUR - ?
  • MY - ?
  • FINISHES - a variable that calls up lines based on how many times he's finished.
I know that you wrote "see above" for the variables *YOUR* and *MY*, but again, I would like you to define these variables just as you did with *YOU*, *ME*, and *FINISHES* as, again, a quick reference for myself, and to make sure that I'm not misunderstanding the details you mentioned in your guide. A sort of dictionary of variables, if you will. Thanks.

P.S.: You said that the name of the HIM model can be entered through the options menu. Can you screenshot this, because I can't see where you do this.

Rudgar

Content Creator
I only answer to the things that you haven't clarified for yourself already
YOUR = YOU + 's
MY = ME + 's
P.S.: You said that the name of the HIM model can be entered through the options menu. Can you screenshot this, because I can't see where you do this.
set_his_name.png set_her_name.png dialogue_line.png dialogue_line_result.png
HTH

Respectfully, Rudgar

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
Is it possible to change the background through the Dialogue? If so how? I've tried several ways that aren't working :/
Yes, but you'll need the dialogueactions mod. It adds more triggers and other things to the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.