The Comprehensive Dialogue Guide (2 Viewers)

Fleack

Avid Affiliate
nmwn said:
Thank you very much, that worked perfectly!

I was trying to make counter2 automaticaly equal to counter1 (so I don't need raise both counters at the end of every line) but it doesn't worked like that. Never mind anyway, it's very nice as it stands!

Here are another two questions I would like to ask.

1.) Is this possible to raise value of counter by variable or pre-defined value?

Let's say at the top of dialogue I let user adjust amount of bonus points granted for some special, more spicy lines. Shortcuts stands for small bonus, medium bonus, large bonus. Here's the field:

BONUS POINTS SETTINGS
sb:2
mb:5
lb:10

Then I try to execute that in dialogue:

initial_settings:{"counter":0,"counter2":0,"sb":2,"mb":5,"lb":10}

works - regular raise
held:"This is regular line! Now value1 is *counter* and value2 is *counter2* Enjoy standard 20 units!" {"set":{"counter":"+20","counter2":"+20"}}

doesn't work - summoning particular line
held:"This is line with bonus! Now value1 is *counter* and value2 is *counter2* . Just granted regular 20 units and a small bonus!" {"set":{"counter":"+20+[sb]","counter2":"+20+[sb]"}}

doesn't work - summoning particular variable
held:"This is line with bonus! Now value1 is *counter* and value2 is *counter2* . Just granted regular 20 units and a medium bonus!" {"set":{"counter":"+20+*mb*","counter2":"+20+*mb*"}}

held:"That's the line to show that above two methods failed. Unfortunately value1 is *counter* and value2 is *counter2*"

Last line shows that this code won't do maths as I expected, but will simply replace a number with the text (in this case with +20+[sb] or with +20+*mb*). Is it possible to write code doing simple maths? I'd like to have calculations (mostly addition and subtraction) with two variables/values/lines/whatever, lets say *X* and *Y* or as meant above *regular* and *bonus*, with possibility to adjust their values at the top of the dialogue. This way I'd be able to change the pace of counters' rising (therefore how fast specific events are triggered), with changing just few numbers at the top of the document. Is that possible, or "set" command can't do any calculations?

2.) I'm curious about that part:

"atv_position":"==2","animtools":38

I've seen animtools in action, I have them somewhere here and they are fun! I assume you can trigger usage of animtools position with a dialogue command? How to do it? Would you mind explaining these two commands above, then giving just some basic tips about animtools usage in dialogue?

I just started to learn how to write these codes, trying to figure it out by myself as much as possible. When I can't solve it personally then I ask for advice here. Thanks in advance!

You're in the wrong thread. This is old.

Go to Pim_gd's Advanced Dialogue Guide or something like that. Should be the next stickied thread here. Everything you're asking about is explained in there, including variable arithmetic.

Tube33950

Potential Patron
Hi,

excuse me if i'am not in the good thread but i didn't want to open un new one just to ask my newbie question.

I though that was possible to attribuate a position to a "custom dialogue line category" for each positions used in the dialogue but it does not seem to.

I made 5 positions this way :

general:"[general_vaginal]" {"check":{"atv_position":"==2"}}
general:"[general_anal]" {"check":{"atv_position":"==3"}}
general:"[general_kneels]" {"check":{"atv_position":"==0"}}
general:"[general_allfours]" {"check":{"atv_position":"==1"}}
general:"[general_tiedup]" {"check":{"atv_position":"==4"}}

Well, the vaginal and anal lines works well, but the others only triggers as simple oral lines. I can not separate them as differents types of lines. Did I miss a tip or something ? Or does SDT reconises only 3 positions for the dialogue lines ?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Tube33950 said:
Hi,

excuse me if i'am not in the good thread but i didn't want to open un new one just to ask my newbie question.

I though that was possible to attribuate a position to a "custom dialogue line category" for each positions used in the dialogue but it does not seem to.

I made 5 positions this way :

general:"[general_vaginal]" {"check":{"atv_position":"==2"}}
general:"[general_anal]" {"check":{"atv_position":"==3"}}
general:"[general_kneels]" {"check":{"atv_position":"==0"}}
general:"[general_allfours]" {"check":{"atv_position":"==1"}}
general:"[general_tiedup]" {"check":{"atv_position":"==4"}}

Well, the vaginal and anal lines works well, but the others only triggers as simple oral lines. I can not separate them as differents types of lines. Did I miss a tip or something ? Or does SDT reconises only 3 positions for the dialogue lines ?
the positions are most likely set as oral positions in their position text file.
some position said:
posversion=14
positiontype=0
camerax=445
cameray=85
zoom=0.4
atv_position, atv_position2: indicates the position type of the current position, 0=oral, 1=tit, 2=vaginal, 3=anal, 4=other. can use atv_position2 to test ranges

i did decide to add in ability to check for specific position names for next release of animtools, whenever that will be xD

Tube33950

Potential Patron
So the position files can be opened to change the type of position and modified to correlate with the positions mentioned in the dialogue. I've been stupid to not think about it.

It works :) Thank you!

Tube33950

Potential Patron
Finally, assign other types of positions to the position file seems to bug. For exemple if I change the "0" in the tied_up position file to a "4", the penis does not enter in the mouth anymore. Nevermind, i've got other dialogues coding problems =)

Here we go : I managed to configure the progress that interest me regarding the vaginal part. But when I repeat the process for the oral part it does not work. I used the regular method (still in progress) :

vigorous:"[vigorous_fuck*Pleasure*]"{"style":"Thought","check":{"atv_position":"==2"}}

vigorous_fuck0:"[vigorous_fuck]"
vigorous_fuck1:"[vigorous_fuck]"
vigorous_fuck2:"[vigorous_fuck]"
vigorous_fuck3:"[vigorous_fuck]"
vigorous_fuck4:"[vigorous_fuck]"
vigorous_fuck5:"[vigorous_fuck]"
vigorous_fuck6:"[vigorous_fuck]"
vigorous_fuck7:"[vigorous_fuck]"
vigorous_fuck8:"[vigorous_fuck]"
vigorous_fuck9:"[vigorous_fuck]"
vigorous_fuck10:"[vigorous_fuck]"
vigorous_fuck11:"[vigorous_fuck_abouttoorgasm]"
vigorous_fuck12:"[pussy_orgasm]"
vigorous_fuck13:"[pussy_orgasm]"

vigorous_fuck:"blablabla"{"mood":"Happy","style":"Thought","set":{"Pleasure":"+1"}}

vigorous_fuck_abouttoorgasm:"blablabla"{"mood":"Happy","set":{"Pleasure":"+1"}}

pussy_orgasm:"blablabla"[after_pussy_orgasm]"{"style":"Thought","set":{"Pleasure":"-13"}}

Ok, now i want to apply the same process with the oral part :

vigorous:"[vigorous_oral*Mind*]" {"check":{"atv_position":"==0"}, "style":"thought"}

vigorous_oral0:"[vigorous_oral]"
vigorous_oral1:"[vigorous_oral]"
vigorous_oral2:"[vigorous_oral]"
vigorous_oral3:"[vigorous_oral_aroused]"
vigorous_oral4:"[vigorous_oral_orgasm]"
vigorous_oral5:"[vigorous_oral_orgasm]"

vigorous_oral:"blablabla"{"mood":"Happy","style":"Thought","set":{"Mind":"+1"}}

vigorous_oral_aroused:blablabla[MASTURBATE_ON]"{"mood":"Happy","style":"Thought","set":{"Mind":"+1"}}

vigorous_oral_orgasm:"blablabla [MASTURBATE_OFF]" {"mood":"Happy","style":"Thought"}

---------------------------------

Now, when the vigorous lines tiggers (oral part), the dialogue window is empty and doesn't make trigger the next lines. Sometimes the text appears, randomly and only if he pulls off in time (but the line is setup as "tought style" so it should not work that way).

I have a "settings" line that does not seem to contain an issue to the dialoguechecker :

all:"CLEAR"
initial_settings:{"Pleasure":0,"Mind":0}

If anyone knows how to solve this problem I do not mind a trick!

Macnagum

Avid Affiliate
Maybe ?

Code:
all:"CLEAR"
initial_settings:{"Mind":0,"Pleasure":0}

vigorous_fuck:"blablabla" {"check":{"atv_position":2,"Pleasure":"<=10"},"set":{"Pleasure":"+1"},"style":"Thought"}
vigorous_fuck:"blablabla" {"check":{"atv_position":2,"Pleasure":11},"set":{"Pleasure":"+1"},"style":"Thought"}
vigorous_fuck:"blablabla[after_pussy_orgasm]" {"check":{"atv_position":2,"Pleasure":">=12"},"set":{"Pleasure":"-13"},"style":"Thought"}

after_pussy_orgasm:"blablabla"

vigorous_oral:"blablabla" {"check":{"atv_position":0,"Mind":"<=2"},"set":{"Mind":"+1"},"style":"thought"}
vigorous_oral:"blablabla[MASTURBATE_ON]" {"check":{"atv_position":0,"Mind":3},"set":{"Mind":"+1"},"style":"thought"}
vigorous_oral:"blablabla[MASTURBATE_OFF]" {"check":{"atv_position":0,"Mind":">=5"},"style":"thought"}

Tube33950

Potential Patron
Always the same problem with the oral sequence. Empty window three quarters time and ad text late. No problem with the vaginal sequance using the method I used initially, although I guess yours also works.

Thank you anyway.

Fleack

Avid Affiliate
Tube33950 said:
vigorous:"[vigorous_oral*Mind*]" {"check":{"atv_position":"==0"}, "style":"thought"}

vigorous_oral:"blablabla"{"mood":"Happy","style":"Thought","set":{"Mind":"+1"}}

vigorous_oral_aroused:blablabla[MASTURBATE_ON]"{"mood":"Happy","style":"Thought","set":{"Mind":"+1"}}

vigorous_oral_orgasm:"blablabla [MASTURBATE_OFF]" {"mood":"Happy","style":"Thought"}

Add {"style":"thought"} or {"style":"him"} to the ends of these lines and it'll work. Vigorous Oral lines have to be either "style":"thought" or "style":"him" to play.

And in general, if you're ever using a line to solely trigger another line, make it "style":"him".

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Tube33950 said:
So the position files can be opened to change the type of position and modified to correlate with the positions mentioned in the dialogue. I've been stupid to not think about it.

It works :) Thank you!
i wouldn't change the position type of positions already made, unless the person who created it didn't bother to correctly set it. this is because it functionally changes how animtools acts.
is the penis going in her mouth? then the position type needs to be 0.
the other position types indicate some type of body contact, and choosing between them is purely for more relevant dialogs

Tube33950

Potential Patron
@sby : yes, I have found by trying. what you say happens indeed.

@Fleak : It works better indeed. But I still have some empty windows appearing when vigorous oral. However much less than before. It is almost playable but still a pity.

I have tried the dialogue with the weewillie bundle, also with a new loader and DA 3.06 but it does not seem to come from that neither.

Tube33950

Potential Patron
Finally it works. I had started to implement the same progressive system for the "pull_off" lines " before I begin the oral sequance then put on stand by. I removed these lines and the vigorous_oral sequence is returned fluid. These two lines types set this way would conflict I suppose, but I know nothing :)

If it can helps ^^

In any case, thank you all.

Bobert216

Potential Patron
So I am a little bit confused. How do I make it so the dialogue uses the girls name. Like I want HIM to use her name (the name the character is saved under).

Lizoran

Potential Patron
Bobert216 said:
So I am a little bit confused. How do I make it so the dialogue uses the girls name. Like I want HIM to use her name (the name the character is saved under).
Use *ME* to make him or her say it

Bobert216

Potential Patron
Fenrir said:
Use *ME* to make him or her say it

Well, I did type in ME, however it shows up as ME. Do I need to use these *?

EDIT:

Sorry I fixed it. Thank you for the help.

I

Ian Tennant

How do you slow down the dialog typing out and the delay of it clearing the speech bubble?

Slingerbult

Content Creator
You can add the pause character Б either between words like so:
"This ББwill ББtake ББlonger ББto ББtype ББout."

Or just add a whole bunch of them to make the bubble stay longer:
"This bubble will last forever! ББББББББББББББББББББББББББББББББББ"

Happy writing!

GreatBighorn

Potential Patron
Guys very sorry for asking this but im newbie to this. My question is:

How can i do a dialog NOT reapeted? Im asking ONLY for a simple solution like eg: {"check":{"intro"}} so with this sense im asking IF can be a way to write something like: {"end/stop/not repeated":{"intro"}} in that place. Also im asking this ONLY IF I CAN WORKING VIA GAME'S TEXTBOX and not from the normal textdocument style.

Thank you for your time and sorry again.

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Guys very sorry for asking this but im newbie to this. My question is:

How can i do a dialog NOT reapeted? Im asking ONLY for a simple solution like eg: {"check":{"intro"}} so with this sense im asking IF can be a way to write something like: {"end/stop/not repeated":{"intro"}} in that place. Also im asking this ONLY IF I CAN WORKING VIA GAME'S TEXTBOX and not from the normal textdocument style.

Thank you for your time and sorry again.

Vanilla SDT: You cannot set variables. You can use moods instead - Normal mood to indicate that you haven't played the intro yet, and Happy mood that you have played the intro. At the end of the intro, set the mood to Happy via [HAPPY_MOOD] trigger. You can use the mood dropdown to make a line require the girl to be in a certain mood. Downsides are that if you try and rig this up to more complex systems, you'll most likely accidentally reuse a mood or miss a branch, leading to a weird dialogue. Also, you're locking yourself out of mood changes. ... But yeah, that's one way.

So

intro:"blah blah blah this is the intro[HAPPY_MOOD]" {"mood":"Normal"}
intro:"the intro has already been played" {"mood":"Happy"}

You set the moods via the dropdown, no .txt editing required.

Loader SDT: Install DialogueActions, then...

intro:"[introPlayed*introPlayed*]"
introPlayed:"[introPlayed0]"
introPlayed0:"blah blah blah this is your intro[SETVAR_introPlayed_1]"
introPlayed1:"This is the line that plays when the intro has already been played"

You can add custom lines via going to the selected line dropdown and scrolling all the way down and hitting add custom. If you mess up, you'll have to remove the line and try again.

Rudgar

Content Creator
Some time ago, somebody asked me how to check if a name had been set. I quickly made up a way, but this fix contained a lot of check lines.

I now have a new solution.
[...]
Meanwhile all the solutions I have found for this problem have the "feature" that at the very first call an output shows up when there is a name e.g. like "[namesetSD Chan]". This is because this trigger doesn't refer to an existing (customer) line type, so it is no "jump/goto order" and hence has to be interpreted as something that has to be displayed.

I allowed myself to "beautify" Pim'S yet best version and attached it so anyone can upload and test it easier.

Respectfully,
Rudgar

Attachments

Dialogue.txt
443 bytes · Views: 172

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.