Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters (SMD) (2 Viewers)

Afhc1988

Avid Affiliate
Platform: SMD.
Published: September 1993.
Genre: 1-on-1 Fighting.
Ryona Rating: 2.5/5

This version of Tournament Fighters is different to the SNES version that I posted on the Wiki some time ago, the characters and plot are different from the previous game. And mainly, April O'Neil it's playable here too (and in a very sexy outfit!). Here you will fight eight characters and three unplayable bosses to rescue Splinter.

Ryona:

• One female player character (Karai can't be chosen here).
  • SImilar to the other TMNT game, various characters can grab April. First, Sisyphus can grab and bearhug her (did you notice that Sisyphus' face is on April's crotch during her grab?).
  • Ray Fillet can grab april and choke her (I'm not fond of choking grabs, though).
  • Triceraton enemy grabs her, then bites and gnaws her, this is a special move that does more damage if the player doesn't move the directions fast enough. His second move (uses it when April ducks and defends herself) knocks her to the floor, jumps and stomps on her repeatedly (he also stomps her crotch, and if you pay attention, this move still does less damage, even on harder difficulties. Maybe she likes this move...).
  • Kraang's Android can grab and throw her to the floor, if this move is done in a corner of Kraang's stage, the floor will break, similar to the semi-final boss arena on the SNES version (vs. Rat King).
  • Karai sports a more...acceptable outfit that her SNES counterpart: consisting of a leotard with some type of armor. Definitively, SEGA does what NINTENDON'T, at least for this version.

Female Characters:

• April O'Neil is the only female playable character, she dresses in a battle bikini with a skirt, and she uses various wrestling moves that make her look the hottest (namely, an elbow drop and a back drop).

Screenshots:

TMNTSMD01.png TMNTSMD02.png TMNTSMD03.png TMNTSMD04.png TMNTSMD05.png TMNTSMD06.png TMNTSMD07.png TMNTSMD08.png TMNTSMD09.png TMNTSMD10.png TMNTSMD11.png TMNTSMD12.png TMNTSMD13.png TMNTSMD14.png TMNTSMD15.png TMNTSMD16.png TMNTSMD17.png TMNTSMD18.png TMNTSMD19.png TMNTSMD20.png

Thanks to Boundy22 for telling me about this port! I always wanted to see April O'Neil on a dangerous Ryona situation, and now it's possible! The bearhug and stomping made my day!

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Glad that i helped :) , i think this is the only game that has the classic april o'neil as a playable character and the more interesting thing is that she wasn't in her normal classic yellow costume but she was in a hot outfit

She is playable in several other games but in her modern character and lately she was briefly playable in the latest TMNT game

90sSegaFan

Ryonani Teamster
Not to necro an old thread but they announced a collection of TMNT games coming next month and this and the SNES versions were going to be included. I’m sure Konami being Konami is adding nothing new and if anything, will somehow play worse than the originals.

kubi mage

Club Regular
It would be nice if they followed the trend of including the Japanese versions so we get Aska's uncensored thong, but given that it has to be approved by Nickelodeon, it's unlikely.

Also to this day I still have no idea why "April" is dressed like that. To me it feels more like they actually wanted Blaze from Streets of Rage in the game and Sega turned them down so they just changed some colors and renamed her to April.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.