SWTOR file changer + nude mod (1 Viewer)

SWTOR fan

Potential Patron
Hi, I'm SWTOR fan, you may know me from XeNTaX where I posted about some of my work about analyzing the SWTOR game. Because of all the posts in the request and tutorial thread, I found this forum and was anxious to help out myself. ;)

I understand that the main difficulty with modding SWTOR is the lack of any tools, so I decided to write one myself. With this tool, you can edit any file in the game, including textures. I included a readme, but it should be pretty self-explanatory. Note that you need to have .NET 4.5 installed to use this program.

Included with the tool are a few textures to get you started with nude modding the game. Those textures will remove the underwear of all player characters (only in the game, not in cutscenes or character selection).
I recommend equipping one of the dancer sets (Stylish Dancer, Exquisite Dancer, Magnificient Dancer), since my tool automatically makes them invisible as well. That way, your character (and companions) will be naked in cutscenes and character selection as well.
It's very easy to add new files to the tool and I'm sure there are people with way better Photoshop skills than me, so feel free to publish your files as well!

Unfortunately, the main problem is getting the files in the right format. Texture files are in .dds format; diffuse textures are stored as DXT1, while hue and normal textures are stored as DXT5. You always need to generate mipmaps, otherwise the textures will show up purple. I've used ImageMagick to split the hue textures into each channels, then edited the channels with Photoshop, combined the channels with ImageMagick again, and used GIMP to save it as a DDS file and regenerate the mipmaps. I've used the following commands for ImageMagick:
Code:
convert file.dds -channel RGBA -separate file_%d.png
convert file_0.png file_1.png file_2.png file_3.png -channel RGBA -combine file_new.png
Also, due to a restriction of the game, edited files (after compression) cannot be larger than the original files. Usually, this should not be too much of a problem, but if you get that error message, try to simplify the texture to reduce file size.

Without further ado, here's the download link to my program! Please tell me your feedback, and share your work when you create your own files. :)
swtor-file-changer-screenshot.png swtor-nude-mod.jpg

Download links:
View attachment swtor-file-changer-v1.2c.zip
View attachment swtor-file-changer-v1.1.zip
View attachment swtor-file-changer-v1.0.zip

Last edited by a moderator:

SWTOR fan

Potential Patron
Be real nice if it'd stop asking me if I want to save attachment.php, and give me the file instead.
Hm, that's strange; it is working correctly for me. Maybe try using another browser? Can you download other files from these forums?
Otherwise, right-click on the link and select "Save file as...". As long as the file is ~5MB in size, just rename it to .zip and you should be able to open it.

flashone

Potential Patron
Thanks for the great program! Worked perfectly. Here is a screen shot. I am no artist or programmer but just wanted to show you and everyone else that it works well. Now the wizard artists can make these look awesome. Thanks again.

Screenshot_2014-09-10_19_22_58_195981.jpg Screenshot_2014-09-14_03_35_28_938661.jpg

Here is another shot for inspiration!

Last edited by a moderator:

sneakhu

Potential Patron
Thx for the Great Mod! U made a dream come true :) Btw I saw in the other forum u donAt want to change breast size... well I'd like to persuade u to change ur mind :) at least with body type 3 where the chest really coulbe be bigger in my oppinion :P But I'm really happy what u did so far :)

NoVeXX

Potential Patron
I'm really intrested if this ever ends in an applicable nudemod. Anyways thanks to everyone for their hard work. So since the tools exist any good texture talent here, willing to get this thing running? I am way to clumsy on paintshop/gimp etc... :(

SWTOR fan

Potential Patron
I have been hard at work and am presenting you an updated version of the nude mod! As you remember, the last version only worked with the dancer outfits and underwear (aka wearing no gear). This time, it works with (nearly) all revealing outfits, that is outfits that show a little bit of skin. It is impossible to remove full-body armor, since the game does not give me access to the skin color on those.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to figure out why certain items would show up invisible, but I didn't want to have you wait any longer. So instead of being invisible, they will show up with the original geometry, but in skin color. This affects all "cape" outfits, so basically all chest items that cover the shoulders. I have not given up, but for now we'll have to live with this restriction.
Also, robes will still show up with their hood. I made this decision because the game hides the hair when you are wearing a robe, and when the hood is hidden, your character will be bald. I'd rather have a hood than a bald head, but feel free to play with the settings.txt file (look for commented out lines with hoodup.gr2) to adjust it as you like.
On some items, male characters will also have their gear in a skin color. This happens whenever the male and female texture share the same file; there is nothing I can do about it.

Still, I am pretty happy with the results. It is nearly as close as we'll ever get to a nude mod in SWTOR, and I hope you like it.

DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION HERE:
View attachment swtor-file-changer-v1.1.zip

Thx for the Great Mod! U made a dream come true :) Btw I saw in the other forum u donAt want to change breast size... well I'd like to persuade u to change ur mind :) at least with body type 3 where the chest really coulbe be bigger in my oppinion :P But I'm really happy what u did so far :)
Well, I just figured out how to change the game files, relax. It is going to be some time before I am able to change the geometry, and even then, I don't see myself changing the breast shape. Changing a single model would take dozens of hours, so I will only do it if I really want it. But someone else is of course welcome to do it and use my program to put it in the game files. :D

With the Photoshop DDS plugin U can modify and save the files in all that formats
The problem is not so much the DDS file, but the way SWTOR uses the textures to be able to dye it to certain hues. You don't have the usual red/green/blue diffuse channels. Instead, it goes like this:
red channel = not used
green channel = hue
blue channel = saturation
alpha channel = luminance
But the HSL channels need to be offset, you can't take them in their original form.
Because of that, I am only able to make the nipples a little bit darker than the skin color, and not dye them a different color. Nevertheless, if anyone of you is good at Photoshop, I'm looking forward to what you can do with it. :)

DarkMind

Potential Patron
Excellent to hear I didnt even think males were touched if I read that correctly. Ill be checking this out soon. Keep up the good work !

madcat66

Potential Patron
Is there a way to combine the old version with the new version? Reason I ask is that the Cathar textures in v1 don't work, there's something wrong with the leg textures, because (as a Cathar), if you get undressed your legs turn purple and the game crashes. V2 the Cathar look great naked, but I'm not a fan of the change to the outfits. I'd prefer the characters to be naked when naked (or in the slave outfits, too, I guess) but in the various outfits the characters own when wearing them.... especially because a lot of them look *really* weird being skin-colored, it looks like you have these weird growths or vestigial wings hanging off of the character.

SWTOR fan

Potential Patron
Is there a way to combine the old version with the new version?
Yes, by editing the settings.txt file you can directly control which files you want to change. But in your case, the easiest way to fix the Cathar legs is the following:
1. Restore the backup
2. Go to version 1.1, folder "files" and copy the file "leg_cathar.dds"
3. Go to version 1.0, folder "files" and paste it, overwriting the old file
4. Now run version 1.0 and replace the files
That way, you'll be using everything from version 1.0 only, but the Cathar legs will be working.

I am aware of those weird growths you are talking about. Most of the time, those are the cloaks or other parts from capes. I hope that I will one day be able to fix those, but currently I'm not sure why it doesn't work.

DarkMind

Potential Patron
Had an interesting problem. Went to fleet after the patch (1.0) worked fine, did NOT upgrade to 1.1 due to the problems people were reporting and then certain people around me were purple then it crashed. Then I reloaded and it crashed again. Had to repair to get it to work.

I assume this is a problem we know about or should I find more details and try to replicate the issue?

SWTOR fan

Potential Patron
Had an interesting problem. Went to fleet after the patch (1.0) worked fine, did NOT upgrade to 1.1 due to the problems people were reporting and then certain people around me were purple then it crashed. Then I reloaded and it crashed again. Had to repair to get it to work.

I assume this is a problem we know about or should I find more details and try to replicate the issue?
Hm, that's strange. The only problem with the 1.0 patch I know about is the Cathar leg textures, those show up purple, but everything else should be fine. The reason why you never before had a problem may be because you just never saw a character with that species or item before.

Not sure which problems you mean, but in general 1.1 is better than 1.0. The difference is that 1.0 removes only dancer gear, while 1.1 removes all revealing gear except for capes. So if you want to see many nude characters, 1.1 is right for you; if you only want to have certain characters nude and see the original outfit otherwise, 1.0 is better.
Yes, 1.1 is not perfect; some outfits will not show up correctly, but it is still better than 1.0 IMO.

I am not aware of the problem you are describing. Unfortunately, there is not really much to do about it. Editing the SWTOR files is like "wait and see" - it is hard to predict what will happen and you never see an error message, so I have to try out different files until I get it working.
I've seen my share of crashes when testing the mod, but I am 90% confident that I fixed all of them before releasing the version to download.
If your game continues to crash constantly, try to find out which gear is causing your game to crash, and if it is in low- or high-quality. That way, I can figure out where the error is.

madcat66

Potential Patron
Yes, by editing the settings.txt file you can directly control which files you want to change. But in your case, the easiest way to fix the Cathar legs is the following:
1. Restore the backup
2. Go to version 1.1, folder "files" and copy the file "leg_cathar.dds"
3. Go to version 1.0, folder "files" and paste it, overwriting the old file
4. Now run version 1.0 and replace the files
That way, you'll be using everything from version 1.0 only, but the Cathar legs will be working.

I am aware of those weird growths you are talking about. Most of the time, those are the cloaks or other parts from capes. I hope that I will one day be able to fix those, but currently I'm not sure why it doesn't work.

This worked like a charm, and things are now even more incredibly awesome!

mdiesel1

Potential Patron
thank you so much for this mod, Swtorfan. A couple of things with either version though.. with version 1.0 any dancer bottoms i wear show up as nude in game play, but in the character select and animations they show as dark brown colored panties. if I unequip and wear no bottoms, it shows as nude in game play, but shows the default granny panties in char select and animations.

A similar problem with 1.1... If i wear no bottms at all i have full nudity all the time, but if i equip any dancer bottoms it only shows nude in game play, and as brown panties in character select and animations.

Im not sure what's wrong, but neither version will auto find the swtor file on my pc. i have to manually browse to C:/programs/electronicarts/bioware/starwars-the old republic. is this the correct file or do i need to put the mod into a specific file within the star wars file ?

SWTOR fan

Potential Patron
First of all, I want to thank you for your hard work in making a working nude for this game. As much as I like to see all the nudity, I wonder if it would be possible if you could make the mod that just affected "Covert" armor for the top?
Sure, here's what you need to do:
1. Click "Restore backup" so that the all changes to the files are reverted
2. Make a backup of your settings.txt file, e.g. copy & paste it and save it as settings2.txt
3. Open the settings.txt file in Notepad, delete everything and replace it with the following:
#Add features to human skin
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/outfit/all_naked_body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_caucasian_young_a01c01_bfa_h.dds skin_human.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/outfit/all_naked_body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_caucasian_young_a01c01_bfb_h.dds skin_human.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/outfit/all_naked_body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_caucasian_young_a01c01_bfn_h.dds skin_human.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/outfit/all_naked_body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_caucasian_young_a01c01_bfs_h.dds skin_human.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/outfit/all_naked_body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_caucasian_young_a01c01_bfa_d.dds leg_human_d.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/outfit/all_naked_body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_caucasian_young_a01c01_bfb_d.dds leg_human_d.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/outfit/all_naked_body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_caucasian_young_a01c01_bfn_d.dds leg_human_d.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/outfit/all_naked_body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_caucasian_young_a01c01_bfs_d.dds leg_human_d.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/outfit/all_naked_body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_caucasian_young_a01c01_bfa_h.dds leg_human.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/outfit/all_naked_body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_caucasian_young_a01c01_bfb_h.dds leg_human.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/outfit/all_naked_body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_caucasian_young_a01c01_bfn_h.dds leg_human.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/outfit/all_naked_body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_caucasian_young_a01c01_bfs_h.dds leg_human.dds

#Add features to Cathar skin
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/cathar/body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_cathar_young_a01c01_bfa_h.dds skin_cathar.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/cathar/body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_cathar_young_a01c01_bfb_h.dds skin_cathar.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/cathar/body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_cathar_young_a01c01_bfn_h.dds skin_cathar.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/cathar/body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_cathar_young_a01c01_bfs_h.dds skin_cathar.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/cathar/body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_cathar_young_a01c01_bfa_h.dds leg_cathar.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/cathar/body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_cathar_young_a01c01_bfb_h.dds leg_cathar.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/cathar/body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_cathar_young_a01c01_bfn_h.dds leg_cathar.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/cathar/body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_cathar_young_a01c01_bfs_h.dds leg_cathar.dds

#Add features to Rattataki skin
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/rattataki/body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_rattataki_young_a01c01_bfa_d.dds skin_rattataki_d.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/rattataki/body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_rattataki_young_a01c01_bfb_d.dds skin_rattataki_d.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/rattataki/body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_rattataki_young_a01c01_bfn_d.dds skin_rattataki_d.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/rattataki/body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_rattataki_young_a01c01_bfs_d.dds skin_rattataki_d.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/rattataki/body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_rattataki_young_a01c01_bfa_h.dds skin_rattataki.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/rattataki/body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_rattataki_young_a01c01_bfb_h.dds skin_rattataki.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/rattataki/body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_rattataki_young_a01c01_bfn_h.dds skin_rattataki.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/rattataki/body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_rattataki_young_a01c01_bfs_h.dds skin_rattataki.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/rattataki/body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_rattataki_young_a01c01_bfa_h.dds leg_rattataki.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/rattataki/body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_rattataki_young_a01c01_bfb_h.dds leg_rattataki.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/rattataki/body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_rattataki_young_a01c01_bfn_h.dds leg_rattataki.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/rattataki/body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_rattataki_young_a01c01_bfs_h.dds leg_rattataki.dds

#Add features to Sith Pureblood skin
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/sith/texture/psd/chest_naked_bloodsith_young_a01c01_bfa_h.dds skin_sith.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/sith/texture/psd/chest_naked_bloodsith_young_a01c01_bfb_h.dds skin_sith.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/sith/texture/psd/chest_naked_bloodsith_young_a01c01_bfn_h.dds skin_sith.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/sith/texture/psd/chest_naked_bloodsith_young_a01c01_bfs_h.dds skin_sith.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/sith/texture/psd/leg_naked_bloodsith_young_a01c01_bfa_h.dds leg_sith.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/sith/texture/psd/leg_naked_bloodsith_young_a01c01_bfb_h.dds leg_sith.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/sith/texture/psd/leg_naked_bloodsith_young_a01c01_bfn_h.dds leg_sith.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/sith/texture/psd/leg_naked_bloodsith_young_a01c01_bfs_h.dds leg_sith.dds

#Add features to Twilek skin
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/twiliek/body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_twilek_young_a01c01_bfa_h.dds skin_twilek.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/twiliek/body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_twilek_young_a01c01_bfb_h.dds skin_twilek.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/twiliek/body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_twilek_young_a01c01_bfn_h.dds skin_twilek.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/twiliek/body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_twilek_young_a01c01_bfs_h.dds skin_twilek.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/twiliek/body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_twilek_young_a01c01_bfa_h.dds leg_twilek.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/twiliek/body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_twilek_young_a01c01_bfb_h.dds leg_twilek.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/twiliek/body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_twilek_young_a01c01_bfn_h.dds leg_twilek.dds
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/twiliek/body/texture/___psd/leg_naked_twilek_young_a01c01_bfs_h.dds leg_twilek.dds

#chest_underwear_non_non_a01
replace /resources/art/dynamic/chest/model/chest_tightskin_bfa_archetype.gr2 chest_naked_bfa_archetype.gr2
replace /resources/art/dynamic/chest/model/chest_tightskin_bfa_archetype.lod.gr2 chest_naked_bfa_archetype.lod.gr2
replace /resources/art/dynamic/chest/model/chest_tightskin_bfb_archetype.gr2 chest_naked_bfb_archetype.gr2
replace /resources/art/dynamic/chest/model/chest_tightskin_bfb_archetype.lod.gr2 chest_naked_bfb_archetype.lod.gr2
replace /resources/art/dynamic/chest/model/chest_tightskin_bfn_archetype.gr2 chest_naked_bfn_archetype.gr2
replace /resources/art/dynamic/chest/model/chest_tightskin_bfn_archetype.lod.gr2 chest_naked_bfn_archetype.lod.gr2
replace /resources/art/dynamic/chest/model/chest_tightskin_bfs_archetype.gr2 chest_naked_bfs_archetype.gr2
replace /resources/art/dynamic/chest/model/chest_tightskin_bfs_archetype.lod.gr2 chest_naked_bfs_archetype.lod.gr2
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/outfit/all_naked_body/texture/___psd/chest_tightskin_non_non_a01underwear01_f_m.dds empty_mask.dds

#leg_underwear_non_non_a01
replace /resources/art/dynamic/leg/model/leg_underwear_bfa_archetype.gr2 leg_pant_bfa_archetype.gr2
replace /resources/art/dynamic/leg/model/leg_underwear_bfa_archetype.lod.gr2 leg_pant_bfa_archetype.lod.gr2
replace /resources/art/dynamic/leg/model/leg_underwear_bfb_archetype.gr2 leg_pant_bfb_archetype.gr2
replace /resources/art/dynamic/leg/model/leg_underwear_bfb_archetype.lod.gr2 leg_pant_bfb_archetype.lod.gr2
replace /resources/art/dynamic/leg/model/leg_underwear_bfn_archetype.gr2 leg_pant_bfn_archetype.gr2
replace /resources/art/dynamic/leg/model/leg_underwear_bfn_archetype.lod.gr2 leg_pant_bfn_archetype.lod.gr2
replace /resources/art/dynamic/leg/model/leg_underwear_bfs_archetype.gr2 leg_pant_bfs_archetype.gr2
replace /resources/art/dynamic/leg/model/leg_underwear_bfs_archetype.lod.gr2 leg_pant_bfs_archetype.lod.gr2
replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/outfit/all_naked_body/texture/___psd/leg_pantskin_non_non_a01underwear01_f_v01_m.dds empty_mask.dds
4. Save and close Notepad
5. Run the tool again and click "Start changing files"

This time, it will only replace the underwear and Covert Energy Armor. I haven't tested it, so I'm not 100% positive it should work, but please try it out and tell me if it works.

A similar problem with 1.1... If i wear no bottms at all i have full nudity all the time, but if i equip any dancer bottoms it only shows nude in game play, and as brown panties in character select and animations.

Im not sure what's wrong, but neither version will auto find the swtor file on my pc. i have to manually browse to C:/programs/electronicarts/bioware/starwars-the old republic. is this the correct file or do i need to put the mod into a specific file within the star wars file ?
Yeah, I know about the panties. I have not been able to get a naked leg model accepted by the game, it always shows up invisible. Until I know what's going on there, you'll continue to see the panties in cutscenes and your character window, but I hope I'll be able to fix it eventually.

Yes, this folder is the correct one. E.g. on my computer it is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic
I will add your path to the next version of my tool, so it will automatically check for that path and you no longer need to always select it. But can you please confirm for me that the path you gave is correct? Is electronicarts really written in one word and there is no space between it?

My tool can be anywhere on your computer, it does not need to be in the SWTOR directory; in fact, I recommend against putting it in the SWTOR directory. That way, you are on the safe side should the game ever check which kind of files you have in the SWTOR directory.
Just put it someplace else on your computer, and make sure that you have enough space there. Since my tool backs up the files, it needs around 5 GB of empty disk space.

mdiesel1

Potential Patron
Yeah, I know about the panties. I have not been able to get a naked leg model accepted by the game, it always shows up invisible. Until I know what's going on there, you'll continue to see the panties in cutscenes and your character window, but I hope I'll be able to fix it eventually.

Yes, this folder is the correct one. E.g. on my computer it is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic
I will add your path to the next version of my tool, so it will automatically check for that path and you no longer need to always select it. But can you please confirm for me that the path you gave is correct? Is electronicarts really written in one word and there is no space between it?

My tool can be anywhere on your computer, it does not need to be in the SWTOR directory; in fact, I recommend against putting it in the SWTOR directory. That way, you are on the safe side should the game ever check which kind of files you have in the SWTOR directory.
Just put it someplace else on your computer, and make sure that you have enough space there. Since my tool backs up the files, it needs around 5 GB of empty disk space.

electronic arts is written in two words in the file path

redwulfen

Potential Patron
Don't know if 0069sith replied to let you know, but I've tested the updated settings file that just removes Covert Energy armor and the underwear and it works. Thanks for the hard work on this mod,

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.