Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet (Asset Extraction Help) (1 Viewer)

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
So I'd like to make some nude edits to some of the armors in the game, but I'm just having trouble getting at the files.

Has anyone tried to get at the files for this game? They seem to be in one gigantic .pak file (which frankly explains the game's long load times ffs lol), but .pak could mean a billion things. It's about as generic as archive names come, and it's hard to guess what type of encryption it's actually using.

I've already rules out the type of .pak that is basically just a renamed .zip, as well as the encryption type .pak file used by much older games (Build Engine era). I'm not sure how many other types of .pak encryption there are, or even if the game is using its own proprietary encryption type, which is always a possibility.

Anyone got any idea, or any tips? I've never had to deal with .pak files before tbh.

Felldude

Content Creator
If it is like the other Bandi game that I have experience modding, then the pak decrypt tool won't work even if you do find the RSA encryption key in the exe or dll files.

The reason is the format of the compression changes slightly game to game. So the tool has to be re-written.
Example of this is Aion where someone wrote a game specific tool.

I am making an "educated" guess here. I haven't checked.

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
If it is like the other Bandi game that I have experience modding, then the pak decrypt tool won't work even if you do find the RSA encryption key in the exe or dll files.

The reason is the format of the compression changes slightly game to game. So the tool has to be re-written.
Example of this is Aion where someone wrote a game specific tool.

I am making an "educated" guess here. I haven't checked.
I haven't played any of their previous games... I suppose I could try an unpacker made for their last game just to see what happens. That's a decent idea (and at least gives me something to try). Thanks for the info!

EDIT:
>Looks up "aion extraction tools"
>Gets hundreds of hits for an ingame item called "Extraction Tools". =.=

EDIT2: Welp, I found the tool and like you guessed, it did not work. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see if someone makes a similar tool for SAOFB. :/

Last edited:

Felldude

Content Creator
I haven't played any of their previous games... I suppose I could try an unpacker made for their last game just to see what happens. That's a decent idea (and at least gives me something to try). Thanks for the info!

EDIT:
>Looks up "aion extraction tools"
>Gets hundreds of hits for an ingame item called "Extraction Tools". =.=

EDIT2: Welp, I found the tool and like you guessed, it did not work. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see if someone makes a similar tool for SAOFB. :/

Unless the game is really popular...or a programmer really likes the game a game specific tool is unlikely.
But you could try XeNTaX • Index page
They have been breaking games for almost 30 years.

An other method to consider would be checking the program while it is loaded in ram to see if you can decipher file and folder locations. Pak invalidation may be enabled...or it may not be.

n1honomaru

Potential Patron
bubump
2.png
il donate Webmoney or buy coffee or whatever if anybofy mod this game xD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.