Star Trek Online Nude Mods (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Password42

Content Creator
Star Trek Online Nude Mods - v2.15.2

Star Trek Online Nude Mods

This is the GVZ Undertow development and release thread for my Star Trek Online Extended Nude Patch, based off the original nude patch made by meehee, A.K.A thefunkyone, whose mod is included in mine.
(See also the thread on Loverslab).

EDIT: Development is continuing at Star Trek Online Nude Mods: "The Nudist Generation" Edition

However, I have posted a final Farewell tutorial that details the processed I've used when making these mods. You can find the tutorial here.

The final version is 2.15.2, released February 22, 2016.

Please note that these mods are maintained compatible with the Live version of the game on Holodeck, and generally will not work with the test version on Tribble.

To use the Easy-installer (recommended): download the attached .zip archive, then extract & run the installer within. The installer will attempt to autodetect STO's installation directory, but even so, you MUST confirm the directory where you have Star Trek Online installed. This will look like:

Code:
..\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live

that is, the directory where "GameClient.exe" can be found.

Note that some options within the installer require an up-to-date version of the .NET framework. Even though you may already have a sufficient version installed, you may want to run Microsoft's updater to be extra certain: Download: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

The installer has brief descriptions of each mod option, and further details/descriptions of the included mods can also be found in the readme attached to this post and also viewable at the end of the installation process.

To manually install: download the manual installation archive, extract to a temporary folder and follow the instructions inside.
Note that while the manual install option supports most mod options, it does not support them all. For maximum functionality, please use the easy installer.

Please report anything that doesn't work, bugs, etc. here in this thread -- although before submitting a bug report, please check to make sure you're using the most recent version of the mods.

Screenshots are also attached.

Attachments

• 2012-03-30_00008.jpg
    2012-03-30_00008.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 20,868
  • screenshot_2012-03-23-21-03-35.jpg
    screenshot_2012-03-23-21-03-35.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 16,346
  • newnormalsfront.png
    newnormalsfront.png
    265.1 KB · Views: 23,325
  • Screen1.png
    Screen1.png
    216.6 KB · Views: 19,722
  • screenshot_2013.png
    screenshot_2013.png
    288.1 KB · Views: 16,306
  • New closer zoom.png
    New closer zoom.png
    464 KB · Views: 16,098
STO Extended Nude Mods Readme.txt
25.9 KB · Views: 859

Last edited by a moderator:

Password42

Content Creator
Extracting STO's Game Client Data

Extracting STO's Game Data

Tutorial last updated November 13, 2015.
(The toolset update now contains the latest serialization dll for Star Trek Online, as the previous one was no longer fully functional.)

So, you want to see the inner bits of STO's client game data, eh?

Well, first off, you will need the Cryptic mod tools: Index of /builds/cryptic
Choose the latest version (i.e. highest r-number) and the full toolset, not just the unpacker, and extract to the folder where you will be working with them.

These mod tools are primarily run via the command prompt -- i.e. opening a command window and typing in commands -- but you can also drag & drop files into them.

Please note that I did not create these mod tools. The extremely talented Rick a.k.a. Gibbed made them, so he and others could make cool mods; his website is: Rick’s Game Stuff

To use the mod tools, you will need an up-to-date version of the .NET framework. Even though you may already have a sufficient version installed, you may want to run Microsoft's updater to be extra certain: Download: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer) - Microsoft Download Center

You can use the Unpacker to extract the Star Trek Online game data from *.hogg files, which can be found in:

Code:
..\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\piggs

(The ".." is the path to your installation directory, of course.)

Most of the time you can just drag & drop a .hogg file onto the unpacker and it will unpack, but if that doesn't work for some reason, then presuming the .hogg file you want to unpack is in the same folder as the Unpacker .exe, open a command prompt (Windows Vista/7: shift + right click within a folder then open command prompt) and execute the command:

Code:
Gibbed.Cryptic.Unpack data.hogg

Or whatever other .hogg file you want to unpack. (You can also add a specific folder to unpack too after the .hogg name if you like.)

The "texture*.hogg" files contain texture data, "sounds.hogg" contains sound data, the "data.hogg" file contains animations and some other stuff, and the massive "bins.hogg" file contains 3D models, binary control files, and lots of other stuff too -- it's become Cryptic's catch-all client data repository. Unpacking bins.hogg will take up quite a bit of hard drive space, so be prepared.

After you've extracted some data, chances are you'll need to convert the extracted stuff into something more usable. Unfortunately, I haven't yet figured out how to convert the 3D models or animations into a usable format, but you can convert textures, sounds, and even the *.bin control files into editable files.

Textures (.wtex files)

Texture files are extracted to:

Code:
..\Texture_Library\[various subfolders]

It used to be that you could convert any of STO's textures into editable .dds files (and back to .wtex again) using Wtex2DDS.exe : https://www.undertow.club/attachments/wtex2dds-zip.58538/

However, some time ago Cryptic added a new format to their wtexes, so now only some of the files (mainly icons and normal maps) will work with Wtex2DDS, for the other files you will need to use the Noesis software, available here: Rich Whitehouse

Extract Noesis to your working folder and open its [plugins\python] folder. Download the "fmt_cryptic_wtex.txt" file attached at the bottom of this post and place it in this folder. Then, rename it to "fmt_cryptic_wtex.py" (the forum here doesn't let you attach .py files).

Now when you start up the Noesis executable, it should recognize .wtex files and open them. You can then export them out so you can mess around with them.

Note that some textures may have heavy transparency, so in order to better see them you may need to follow the steps posted here: Textures needed for STO

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to get textures extracted by Noesis back into .wtex format. A subsequent update to this tutorial will cover how to do this.

Sound Data (.fsb files)

Sound files are extracted to:

Code:
..\sound\win32

You'll need some software to play/extract the .fsb files. I personally use the Aezay FSB extractor: FSB Extractor 14.03.10

Although I've not tried, you should be able to repack .fsb files with this: Luigi Auriemma

3D Models (.mset files)

3D models are extracted to:

Code:
..\Bin\Geobin

I've not found any way to view or edit these files. All I've been able to do is remove models (i.e. "zero" them out) or swap one model for another. Model-swapping is beyond the scope of this tutorial.

Binary Control Files (.bin files)

.bin files are extracted to:

Code:
..\Bin

In order to view/edit .bins, you have to go in your mod tools directory then open the [bin\serializers\resources] folder and edit each .json file within that corresponds to the .bin you'd like to decompile. I've already done this for you for STO, so if you like, you can replace the default ones with my pre-edited versions that are attached to this post in the "Toolset Update.zip" file. They should work for all the *.bins I edit and use as of the updating of this tutorial (I haven't figured them all out yet). Simply extract the .zip file in your mod tools folder and merge/overwrite the existing files and folders - note that if you're not asked to overwrite files, something has gone wrong and you'll need to check again and extract into the correct location.

Additionally, you will need an up-to-date serialization .dll file. You can generate one of these yourself using the ExportSchemas then GenerateSerializier executables (you'll need to have the GameClient.exe running before you run ExportSchemas, then once that's dumped all the schema files, you can run Gibbed.Cryptic.GenerateSerializer --game=StarTrekOnline), but I've also already done this for you, and dlls for both STO and Neverwinter are included in the "Toolset Update.zip" file attached to this post; if you've already extracted it in the previous step you should be good to go.

If you happen to want to edit Neverwinter and not Star Trek Online, then you will have to edit each .json under [bin\serializers\resources] and change all references to StarTrekOnline to Neverwinter, and change the entry under "versions" to "Neverwinter" so it will use the correct assembly .dll, and you might have to change the parser hash as well -- Just look at how DynMove.serializer.json does it for an example.

Once that's ready, you can decompile *.bin files (presuming they're in the same folder as the tools' bin folder) by either dragging & dropping them onto the ConvertResource tool, or executing (using a random .bin as an example):
Code:
Gibbed.Cryptic.ConvertResource -x scaleinfos.bin

Or whatever other bin file you want to decompile, although as I mentioned not all will work. That'll convert stuff to XML for easy editing -- recompile when done by dragging the folder onto the ConvertResource tool or with:

Code:
Gibbed.Cryptic.ConvertResource -b scaleinfos

As a cursory example of what these .bin files do, to add breast jiggle, I had to first edit Dynbouncer.bin to define a bounce object and then edit the "StarTrekFemale.xml" of Skelinfos to point to that bounce object using the <BouncerInfo> tag.

Detailed instructions for editing the decompiled .xml files are beyond the scope of this tutorial, but instructions for modifying Dynbouncer.bin and Scaleinfos.bin can be found in my mod package.

Getting the client to load modified files

Once you've modded a file (and put it back into its native format) and want to STO to load it, most of the time all you need to do is put it into the appropriate folder under your localdata folder:

Code:
..\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata\[bin/sound/texture_library/etc.]

(If you've used my installer, this folder should already have some relevant files and folders in it.)

For some .bin files, you may need to rename them in order to get them to load. For example, costumegeometry.bin must be renamed to costumegeometryclient.bin for it to load, and playercostume.bin must be renamed playercostumeclient.bin. Figuring out if a file needs this is a trial-and-error process. (Check out my mods if you like, I've done a lot of experimenting with .bin files.)

Once you've got things in the right folders, load up the game client and see if the changes are loaded. If not, try again and post a question if necessary.

Anyway, I hope that makes sense to y'all. If you need more help, feel free to post your question in the thread so others can benefit from the answer. You can also PM me if you'd rather have a private conversation.

Again, please note that I did not create these mod tools. The extremely talented Rick a.k.a. Gibbed did, his website is: Rick’s Game Stuff

Happy modding!

Attachments

fmt_cryptic_wtex.txt
797 bytes · Views: 382

Toolset update.zip
3.6 MB · Views: 338

Wtex2DDS.zip
215.7 KB · Views: 309

Last edited:

KamenRiderGumo

Potential Patron
Having a bit of an issue....no matter what I do, the game still displays all females with black panties on, despite the tops, Orion sandals, etc, being gone. Is there something I'm not seeing in the readme?

Password42

Content Creator
Having a bit of an issue....no matter what I do, the game still displays all females with black panties on, despite the tops, Orion sandals, etc, being gone. Is there something I'm not seeing in the readme?

Did you install the Original Nude Patch (by meehee) first? It is included and required for the extended mods to work.

Password42

Content Creator
As was posted in the LoversLab development thread (

Excellent news folks: I was exploring the capabilities of the Cryptic engine and discovered that it supports skeleton "dynamic bouncing" -- otherwise known as dynamic breast jiggle -- by default. Amazing, isn't it? <3 Cryptic!

It was a very, very simple mod to enable dynamic jiggling (although a somewhat lengthier phase to tweak it so it looks good!), so testers, please download the "bin.zip" attached and extract the two files (dynbouncer.bin and skelinfos.bin) it to your bin folder (..\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata\bin) This version has moderate jiggle, but I can configure the values to make one with more or less pronounced jiggling, if y'all would rather have that. Anyhow, please, report if it works and how you like it if it does! (Note that breast jiggle is always active, even if wearing clothes/armor.)

Also attached is a version with more pronounced jiggling (dynbouncer.zip). Overwrite the "dynbouncer.bin" file from the first download with this newer one for more jiggle.

Also as a heads up, for version 2.0, I plan on releasing a set of "advanced" modding files & instructions so folks who feel confident in their modding skills can further customize their version of STO as they see fit -- it's mostly XML & command-line work and thus fairly easy. :)

Attachments

bin.zip
9 KB · Views: 470

dynbouncer.zip
253 bytes · Views: 505

KamenRiderGumo

Potential Patron
Did you install the Original Nude Patch (by meehee) first? It is included and required for the extended mods to work.

I did, actually; made sure it worked before trying your extension. And, silly me, in everything I was doing, I fogtot to extract one or the other from the "Hairy" or "Shaved" folder, so it didn't know what to do. I fixed it, though, and hope this post will keep others from making the same mistake.

Password42

Content Creator
I did, actually; made sure it worked before trying your extension. And, silly me, in everything I was doing, I fogtot to extract one or the other from the "Hairy" or "Shaved" folder, so it didn't know what to do. I fixed it, though, and hope this post will keep others from making the same mistake.

Good to know, thanks for posting your solution -- it's waaaay better than when some silly people just post, "Oh, nevermind, I got it working now."

T

Trekist

Hi! Quick thought for the shoes removal project on the Fed side. Champions Online may be too 'cartoony' to take the barefoot model from that game and transpant it in STO. Would be cool if the Toenail polish option as well as the 'dirty bare foot' option from Champions could be applied to the Orion bare foot model, but where the skin color would be natural , not Orion green, but the Feds skin color, what ever the shade is. I hope to see a 'soft boots remover' - I know how hard this project is proving to be, and I hope you guys find away around it soon!:D

G

Gandalf

Katzmotel should let me know by tomorrow.
That site has rape mods,bestiality and loli mods so i'd rather Katzmotel oked it first.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Heard from Admin he said it was ok as far as your mod goes.

P

polari16

i tried to download it. it isnt working, though... did they fix it already? :(

Password42

Content Creator
i tried to download it. it isnt working, though... did they fix it already? :(
What exactly do you mean?

If you don't mind waiting another few days, I'm working on an "Easy-install" option for the mod that just requires you to run an executable and install like most any other program, ticking checkboxes and pressing "Next" and whatnot. That should greatly reduce the time and effort needed to install the extended mods.

Password42

Content Creator
v2.0 beta released!

"Captain, we've detected an anomaly on long-range sensors. Transporter signatures detected! Sir, we've been boarded!"

"It's all right, lieutenant, it's just the new beta version of the Easy Installer for the Star Trek Online Extended Nude Mods."

New version released! v2.0 beta

Featuring a new Easy-Installer, just run the executable and install like any other program!

Also featuring (as were posted for testing in this thread):

• New "Replace cute stance with Vixen" mod
  • New "Increase maximum breast size" mods
  • New "Dynamic breast jiggle" mods
  • New Improved Normal Maps for female characters (excluding Caitians/Ferasans)

Other changes:

• Animation mods switched to single control file; as such, more options added for the installer
  • Another small update to the Caitian/Ferasan nipple textures
  • Added two more Klingon tops I had forgotten about to the Klingon tops remover section
  • Readme overhaul
  • Added scam warning (some other websites steal mods, including this mod, and try and make you pay money for them.)

Download and more information available in the first post. Since it's a beta, not every new feature being developed has been included; The official 2.0 will include more mods.

Enjoy!

--------------

I would also like to ask if a Moderator could change the title of this thread to update the version to "v2.0 beta". I thought that updating the First Post's Title would also update the thread title, as in other forums, but apparently this is not so here at GVZ. :(

killzone12

Content Creator
is this game f2p??

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 AM ----------

nevermind it is lol just googled it

Randark

Potential Patron
great work, tho as it's a beta and you still working on it I feel I should point out a few things...

1. the options don't install the exact choices you make, for example I installed with just orion tops and sandals installed but it added most all (if not all) anyway...

2. If possible can you still release as an archive full of folders? I sometimes like to change which parts are nude and which are not so the manual install is easier than having to uninstall and re-install to select my options (the uninstaller doesn't really work either and leaves all the files in same place)

anyway, those minor issues aside once again great work, I particularly like the updated base nude and somehow the jiggles seems more pronounced than the previous enhanced jiggle (more jiggle is always appreciated :))

Password42

Content Creator
great work, tho as it's a beta and you still working on it I feel I should point out a few things...

1. the options don't install the exact choices you make, for example I installed with just orion tops and sandals installed but it added most all (if not all) anyway...

2. If possible can you still release as an archive full of folders? I sometimes like to change which parts are nude and which are not so the manual install is easier than having to uninstall and re-install to select my options (the uninstaller doesn't really work either and leaves all the files in same place)

anyway, those minor issues aside once again great work, I particularly like the updated base nude and somehow the jiggles seems more pronounced than the previous enhanced jiggle (more jiggle is always appreciated :))

Thank you for the report -- #1 is a bug and will be fixed in the next version (yep, this was a beta, that was a silly mistake on my end, lol), and as for #2, well, for now you can just install everything and then remove what you want, but when I post the fix for #1 I will also post the archive with the indivual folders.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

The installer downloadable from the first post should now have the aforementioned bug fixed. A manual-install option has also been added.

R

Revakara

Has the new version finally removed the black panties that showed up on the Caitian and Ferasan females? Also, has it added the ability to remove the KDF's leg options?

Password42

Content Creator
Has the new version finally removed the black panties that showed up on the Caitian and Ferasan females? Also, has it added the ability to remove the KDF's leg options?
I have yet to satisfactorily remove the black panties, as that involves heavy texture editing, and I am primarily a Codemonkey, not a texture artist. I am looking into making the panties semi-transparent, though; still, no ETA for that.

[If any experienced texture artist would like the help with that one texture (the only one I'm having troubles with), it would be appreciated :).]

I am also still working on providing more clothing removers, but the stupid game client isn't loading the code-level texture-swapping (no idea why not, it works fine in the foundry but not during normal play! >.<), so it looks like I'll have to attack it by manually overriding textures, which unfortunately is harder and takes much longer.

Juls

Casual Client
Hi Password42. I thought I would inform you that as of today your mod animation files don't work because of the STO update on the 22-6-12 all the other mods work just not the animation files because they cause a game crash. I used your manual files and they worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.