So you want to be a zako? (1 Viewer)

Kayfabe

Club Regular
These are going down to a loose MWF schedule for the time being (for reasons unrelated to you guys; don't worry).

Tsukachan, do you WANT Noblesse to die in the next update? Because I can do that. For that matter, any of you can request that your zako get killed/captured/routed in the next update, but if you don't do this, their fate is random, and your zako may (potentially) survive for quite a while if they're lucky.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
These are going down to a loose MWF schedule for the time being (for reasons unrelated to you guys; don't worry).

Tsukachan, do you WANT Noblesse to die in the next update? Because I can do that. For that matter, any of you can request that your zako get killed/captured/routed in the next update, but if you don't do this, their fate is random, and your zako may (potentially) survive for quite a while if they're lucky.

I'm totally fine with that, but make her death a heroic death!!
I'm already planning to make a 2nd zako for the next stories

Last edited:

JoanCujoh

Master of this Domain
I'm totally fine with that, but make her death a heroic death!!
I'm already planning to make a 2nd zako for the next stories
isn't this a huge contradiction? I mean, zako aren't heroes, they fall like flies precisely because of a hero, a zako who die a "heroic death" isn't a zako anymore, right?

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
isn't this a huge contradiction? I mean, zako aren't heroes, they fall like flies precisely because of a hero, a zako who die a "heroic death" isn't a zako anymore, right?

What I mean a heroic death is...as in defeating the opponent before his/her death. So both the opponent and the attacker dies

Henchgirl 29

Club Regular
Name: Jess

Backstory: Punk girl who couldn't find a job after she was kicked out of college for pitifully low grades, she applied to a bunch of places to work and accepted the one with the highest paycheck, she doesn't really understand where she's working and doesn't wear a mask because she thinks this is all some elaborate modelling gig, "man these guns look really legit!" "Wow, they are?! You guys are super devoted to creating the most realistic shoots ever!"

Fate: Love to see her tortured and humiliated a bunch before she eventually perishes, she doesn't deserve it but I mean she kinda signed up for it by being a zako!

Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 1.08.33 PM.png

Kayfabe

Club Regular
10/08/18, Secure the Meeting
Target: 5 VIPs
Objective: Protect the Targets
Difficulty: High
Background: A pair of :3 managers are coming to town to meet with another three VIPs. The meeting is to take place in a penthouse owned by a front for one of the managers. Regional has provided few details, other than that this meeting is very important. What's more, it's likely that Guild heroes are aware of the meeting, and will attempt to capture or eliminate the VIPs. Be careful.

Nikita (24, F) has carefully studied the building's schematics. She knows the location of every security camera, and how to sneak under their blind spots. Nevertheless, her first objective is to clear out the top floor's security station, where Natalie is watching the monitors.

To her credit, Natalie IS watching the monitors, but there was nothing to see, and there's no warning when Nikita opens the door and fires three rounds from her silenced pistol into Natalie's chest. The veteran :3 zako and leader of the La Croix chapter slumps in her chair, failing to reach her gun or the alarm.

Nikita sneaks through the darkened corridors. Her objective isn't to wipe out every :3 zako, but if she can do this right, then she won't have to. She almost blunders into Alex, but it's dark, and Alex is facing the other direction. A little way further down the corridor is Jeanette, who's going to the ladies' room.

Nikita grabs Alex, putting her in a headlock. She chokes her out, then throws the unconscious zako over her shoulder. Nikita carries Alex to the restroom, where she kicks the door in.

"Alex?" calls Jeanette. "Is zat eau?"

Nikita, with an unconscious Alex still on her back, opens the stall where Jeanette is taking a piss.

"Mon dieu!"

Nikita shoots Jeanette twice in the chest. Once for each lung. It isn't quick, and it isn't clean, but it IS quiet, and Jeanette can only silently gasp as she dies. Nikita closes the stall on her, and props Alex up on the toilet in the stall next to her. There, she gets Alex in the throat with her knife, and leaves the bathroom.

The path clear, Nikita makes her way to the suite where the meeting is taking place. There, she finds Touko, who's eavesdropping at the door, along with Tom, who's nervously whispering to get her to stop. Nikita grabs them both by the hair and, before either of them can react, crashes their heads together face-first.

Nikita kicks in the door, where she finds the five targets engaged in conversation. She doesn't waste time as she sprays the VIPs with submachine gun fire. Another two :3 zakos are standing guard. Mary catches a full three rounds in the belly and falls back against the wall.

While Mary and the VIPs die (with Mary slumping down the wall and leaving a streak of blood behind), Noblesse goes at Nikita with an expert lunging downward strike. Nikita rolls out of the way of the swordswoman and blocks a follow-up attack with her gun, after which she kicks Noblesse away. As Noblesse recovers from her sprawling stance, Nikita draws her own katana from her back and swings at her. Noblesse blocks, but Nikita is almost as good as her.

The two trade blows, which they parry, for several seconds, as the rest of the Chapter converges on the room. Eventually, Noblesse is cut down, slashed across the belly. She doesn't lose her guts, but she does lose her footing and goes down. With Noblesse bleeding out, Nikita turns her back on her and prepares to face down the rest of the zakos. This turns out to be a fatal mistake, as Noblesse manages to impale Nikita from the floor before she loses consciousness. Noblesse dies, but not before avenging the Chapter's defeat!

1: Natalie (22, F): Dead
2: Tom (19, M): KO
3: Emi (20, F): Fine
4: Dan (18, M): Fine
5: Touko (20, F): KO
6: Jeanette (23, F): Dead
7: Mary (0, F): Dead
8: Aayla (0, F): Fine
9: Alex (?, F): Dead
10: Noblesse (23, F): Dead
11: Cecily (23, F): Fine
12: Kira (20, F): Fine
13: Ute (23, F): Fine
14: Jess (21, F): Fine

Final Result: Failure. The VIPs have all been killed. While the Guild heroine was also killed, this doesn't make up for the damage done to :3 as an org. The :3 VIPs would be enough, but the other three VIPs were representatives of La Croix's three major crime families. Regional will have to work overtime to convince them that this wasn't a setup, but even if it wasn't, :3 was still responsible for security. The mafia will NOT be happy.

Dispatch from Regional: "Hi! I'm your chapter's new Development Officer! The old one was killed in that mission you failed... but let's look forward! To the future! The bright future! The Brightly Burning Future! Tee-hee!"

Gunsmith12

Club Regular
After confirming Alex-One's death, the company retrieves her combat recorder and sends in her successor unit, Alex-Two. She appears almost identical, except her dog tags simply read "002" compared to One's "001", and the lack of familiarity her gaze holds for the other zakos. The company warns that while she should be a better unit overall, she lacks the experience that Alex-One gained, and might need an adjustment period before operating at full capacity. As before, she will serve five missions with :3 before being decommissioned. (death OK)
181008kisekae.png
Because I'm fluffing this as an improved unit over Alex-One, I was going to ask that she start at a higher level than one, but still below what Alex-One had at the end of her career. Basically, the unit itself is better, but lacks the real experience that the former had. I was wondering if this isn't too much to ask. This is, of course, assuming that Alex-One broke level 1 to begin with, which I can't tell because you stopped posting the levels.

Strix

Casual Client
Name: Luna Martinez
Specialization: Average Support
Appearance:
Mala.png
Fate:
Use her up then throw her away.

Last edited:

Kayfabe

Club Regular
Yes, Gunsmith, that's totally fine. Incidentally, I think I'm ready to roll out the new tiers and specializations system. This goes for everyone: Your zako is an average trooper unless otherwise specified, but you can pick one tier and one specialization. First, the tiers:

Incompetent/Unlucky: These zakos... how should I put this? They fucking suck. Either they're lazy and have attention problems, or the stars have aligned to curse them cosmically. These zakos are MORE likely to fail, and MORE likely to be removed from the game than other zakos. And probably in especially comical and/or undignified ways.

Average: Survive and thrive, or fail and die. The odds are more or less 50/50. There's nothing wrong with them, but in a world of heroes and super-soldiers, "only human" can be a liability.

Elite/Lucky: Don't get any big ideas about them becoming the main antagonist or getting their own personal spin-off shows, but elite/lucky zakos can give the heroes a run for their money, and they're likely to live to see the end of the org. Maybe, just maybe, they might even escape before the secret base can self-destruct.

Now, the specializations. Specify which one you want. If not you'll default to being a trooper.

Trooper: Indoors they carry shotguns or suppressed submachine guns. Outdoors they carry assault rifles and occasionally grenade launchers or light machineguns. At close range they fight with knives or bayonets, and they always carry some kind of sidearm. Their dry loadout consists of riot weapons: clubs, rubber bullet guns, gas/stun grenade launchers, beanbag shotguns, riot shields, and etc. :3 isn't fucking around anymore.

Martial Artist: Their bodies are their weapons. They fight hand-to-hand, but they can be just as lethal as any soldier, and elite martial artists verge on superhuman. Non-lethal enemies are at a disadvantage vs. martial artists.

Ninja: Masters of moving unseen and unheard, ninja are also formidable fighters. In battle, they fight with swords and thrown weapons like shuriken and throwing daggers/knives. For zakos who prefer stabbing and slashing over shooting and punching. When going non-lethal, they use shock batons, or put their enemies to sleep with poison darts.

Sniper: These zakos attack from a safe distance with long-range, high-powered rifles. Snipers shine when out in the open, but they become troopers in tight quarters and other terrain types that don't support sniping. When going non-lethal, their rifles fire tranquilizer darts instead of bullets. When equipped with anti-materiel rifles, snipers can directly target the crews of enclosed vehicles.

Pilot: As I said above, :3 is done fucking around. Offensive missions will now see the active teams deployed via armored vehicles or helicopter gunships, but the vans will still be used when stealth is necessary. Choose pilot if you'd like to fly the gunship or drive what is basically a tank. If there get to be a lot of pilots, some of them will be deployed in small and suitably stupid-looking mechs. On missions where vehicles aren't applicable, pilots become troopers.

Support: If all goes well, these zakos don't fight. This is good, because support zakos typically only carry a knife and a handgun. The function of the support zako is to use whatever special equipment the mission calls for. Planting (or disarming) explosives, hacking into computer systems, jamming the enemy's radio, and remotely piloting a drone are just some of the things support zakos do. If the mission is guarding the outpost, support zakos man the security station. If the mission is a generic pitched battle where the objective is to eliminate the other side, support zakos fight as troopers.

dinomoneyman

Master of this Domain
Well since Emi's lived this long I suppose she's earned the right to be an "Elite Sniper" as, she is in most canons that I've used her in. :cool::cool::cool:

dinomoneyman

Master of this Domain
So I went with promoting Emi to elite sniper, but I also just figured I wanna fill the ranks a bit with two especially incompetent fodder zako.
Name: Misa Ayano
Personality: A cheery go-getter, but cheery about awfully grim things. She gets excitement from hurting others, which she isn't afraid to show. She even gets a little excitement from being hurt herself, even though she's actually embarrassed about that and doesn't like showing it.
Background: It is a mere naive dream of hers, but she wants to be a legendary ninja assassin, as inspired by a villainess from an anime she obsesses over. The problem with that is she has absolutely no proper training and isn't very smart either. With nothing really going for her except ambition, she's not built to last long in a criminal organization.
Class: Incompetent Ninja
Fate: She should die humiliatingly as possible, should her incompetence and naivety inevitably come back to bite her.

Untitled.png

AND!

Name: Evelyn "Eve" Duffy
Personality: Not the most outgoing but friendly and loyal. Lacks self-confidence but has confidence in others and can overall be considered an optimist.
Background: Dancing, and theater arts in general, are her passion. One problem with that is... That career hasn't quite taken off, so she donned a mask and joined :3 to make ends meet. She promised herself it would only be for a little while, until she could get steady income from her dancing, gymnastics, acting, etcetera. Too bad for her she's a dancer, not a fighter, and her flexibility and gymnastic ability can only take her so far.
Class: Incompetent Martial-Artist
Fate: For once, don't kill her. No really, I mean it! Instead, in the event of her failure... Cripple her. Make it so she's alive, but has to leave :3 permanently because she can no longer use her legs (Or had them cut off, or whatever. Point is, make her unable to walk!). In other words... she's never gonna dance again, these guilty feet have got no rhythm!
Ginger.png

These two are utterly expendable. I just felt like writing some extra easily disposable zako in. :wink:

Last edited:

Severity

Club Regular
After seeing Alex-2, having seen Alex-1's body, Ute becomes uneasy and begins working up the courage to ask the most approachable of the senior members, Touko, as she assumes that Touko knows what's going on regarding the two(?) Alexes.

First, is it alright to have this character-building stuff in between missions? is it frowned upon?

Second, would it be alright if I made 3 more, expendable characters? (Incompetent)

Kayfabe

Club Regular
First, is it alright to have this character-building stuff in between missions? is it frowned upon?

Of course it's all right! There's been a little of it already, but you guys are more than welcome to write your own stuff. You just don't get any say in whether your zako succeeds/survives (although you can weight it in either direction with the tier system now). :P

Second, would it be alright if I made 3 more, expendable characters? (Incompetent)

Please do. Everyone can make up to four characters (for now, I may relax that limit as I further refine the mechanics).

Zamaron1

Club Regular
hearing a report of the lose of the VIPs and only one Sophia clone left, crime boss Forest Blackwell send 3 new clones just as nude and horny as the last ones. Tanya, Shaundi, and Viola. he also sends the : group a shit ton of weapons and equipment with a note for Touko. "I have heard you've bean taken harder jobs and heavier losses. consider this a gift for taking in my daughter. good luck.
signed, Forest Blackwell, CEO of Blackwell Industries." they especially try to get sexual with the male zakos, mostly Tom. they wear only high heel boots, a thin belt with the cat tail and ears, and leave thier massive tits exposed. and when you kill them, make it an extremely sexy way to die. they are Trooper and Average.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.