SDT Question? (1 Viewer)

Tom110

Potential Patron
Hello, I would like to know with which program I can design clothes and dynamic hair for the SDT. And if it is possible to get the free internet program. Thank you all. Greetings.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Hello Tom110 Tom110 . Welcome to the Undertow forum.

Hello, I would like to know with which program I can design clothes and dynamic hair for the SDT.
SWF files are usually created using Adobe Animate. You'll need to grab a few ActionScript code files and vector templates in order to create SDT content; these files can be found in the SDTModding.zip file here. There's a separate template file for creating Loader imports, but it's probably easier to start with vanilla imports and then switch to the Loader template if/when you want to do something that the vanilla template cannot handle.

And if it is possible to get the free internet program.
There's a temporary free trial available. I'd suggest that you take some time beforehand to practice, using freeware tools. You can learn many of the principles of vector artwork using Inkscape, and you can also sketch out some of your ideas using the existing template files. When you start a trial, you can then use your limited time to tweak and publish SWF files -- instead of spending several days just learning the basics.

Of course, if your interest is in the actual design work, then you can skip the Adobe software entirely. You can simply draw your work as image files (in raster or vector format) and share them on the forum; someone else can then step in and re-publish them as SWF files. This is fairly straightforward for clothing mods. It's more tricky with dynamic hairstyles, because they tend to require a lot of in-game testing and fine-tuning (which is annoying if you're forced to wait several hours after each adjustment).

If you're technically skilled, then you can try to tinker with some advanced command-line tools in order to publish SWF files without using any commercial software. It would be very tricky to publish dynamic hair files via this method, but it might suffice for clothing mods.

I'd also encourage you to discuss your ideas with other SDT modders. SDT modding includes many small annoyances and hurdles which can be frustrating for newcomers. Some features (such as breast-slider support) are tricky to work through unless you have prior experience with Flash. An experienced modder can walk you through these troubles quickly (and/or share FLA project files which contain working examples), thus allowing you to focus your time on more productive and creative tasks.

Tom110

Potential Patron
Hello...stuntcock
Thanks for the information and advice. I will take a look at the programs that I recommended and try to learn the design and creation of SWF files. Thank you very much and best regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.