Scarlet Blade Change Skin Color (1 Viewer)

billybumpkins

Potential Patron
I know this can be done, as I have seen other mods with this, but they are broken links now. To change the skin color, I know you have to edit some files, and I've got the body color right. How do you edit the color of the face and hands?

Poplan

Content Creator
The face and hands are in a separate group of texture files. That being said there do appear to be some body parts (arms it appears) that may be rendered real time (although it may just be using a texture file I haven't found yet). (Defender Level L25 armor DE_BD_N_04 is an example of this the arms are not on the texture map at all.)

Faces are usually CLASS_FC_GROUP_# (e.g. DE_FC_N_04).
Gloves are usually CLASS_GL_GROUP_# (e.g. DE_GL_N_06)
Feet are usually CLASS_FT_GROUP_# (e.g. DE_FT_N_04)

(Hair is "HR", and Weapons are "WP", etc...)

Poplan

Content Creator
That's a good question; I'll do some poking around since I"m working on a mod anyway and see what's doable.

billybumpkins

Potential Patron
Thanks, but I got it. It's really simple, actually. You just make a .dds file named WH_FC_N_01 (For the whipper), and change it to the color of the skin. I'm having a problem with the arms; what would be the file name for them?

03_24_22_10_01.jpg

EDIT: Oh, I see your previous post...Do you think anything can be done about this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Poplan

Content Creator
Thanks, but I got it. It's really simple, actually. You just make a .dds file named WH_FC_N_01 (For the whipper), and change it to the color of the skin. I'm having a problem with the arms; what would be the file name for them?

EDIT: Oh, I see your previous post...Do you think anything can be done about this?

Yeah the arms are gonna be the tricky part.

Feet and gloves (if there's any skin showing) have texture files but arms may be real-time rendered but there may be something somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Some poking around level research.

Each class has it's own gfpk (which oddly has a couple textures in it as well) which has some text files that may be defining color (among other things).

There are 20 of them.

And lots of unanswered questions:

1. Which (if any) are relevant?
  2. Why are there variants? (base_0, 1_base_0, 2_base_0, etc)
  3. Can overrides be placed (like for the texture files)?
  4. Within the files, what values (if any) affect skin color?

The file extension is ".tmlib" and it's a text file.

There are some additional files (also 20) with the extension .txmsrc (with the same base filenames).

The content of these two file types are different.

What's interesting is the tmlib files give a X,Y position making me think that there is a texture file it's referencing for 'standard materials'.

(If you are going to poke around yourself, you'll want to use QuickBMS or similar tool to extract from ..\ScarletBlade\Data\Objects\PC\<CLASS>\<CLASS>.gfpk - where "<CLASS> is DE, WH, PU, etc.)

base_0.tmlib (WH) (excerpt)

Code:
*version 1.20
*vm_mtl
{
    *type "Standard Material"
    *pos -574 -282
    *mtl_alpha_mask_value 0.300
    *mtl_light_type 0
    *mtl_blend_type 0
    *input_info 13 9 0 -1 -1 1 0 3 0 2 0 -1 -1 -1 -1 11 0 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
}

base_0.txmsrc (WH)

Code:
variables = ""
textures = "sampler UserTexture0 : register(s0) = sampler_state{    MinFilter = Linear;    MagFilter = Linear;    MipFilter = Linear;    AddressU = Wrap;    AddressV = Wrap;};
sampler UserTexture1 : register(s1) = sampler_state{    MinFilter = Linear;    MagFilter = Linear;    MipFilter = Linear;    AddressU = Wrap;    AddressV = Wrap;};
"
normal = "tex2D( UserTexture1, In.texCoord )"
diffuse = "( ( GetFresnelTerm(view, bumpSampleWS, 5.0000f ) * float4(0.0000f,0.1000f,0.0000f,0.0000f) ) + tex2D( UserTexture0, In.texCoord ) )"
diffuse_level = " 1 "
glossness = "(pow(2.0f,40.0000f*0.1f)*4.0f)"
spec_color = "float4(0.8980f,0.8980f,2.0000f,1.0000f)"
spec_level = "(( tex2D( UserTexture0, In.texCoord ) * 0.5000f ))"
self_ill = " 0 "
ambient_map = " 0.5f "
light_map = " 0.5f "
distortion = " 1 "
opacity = " 1 "
custom_shader = " 1 "  end_of_file

base_0.tmlib (DE) (Excerpt)

Code:
*version 1.20
*vm_mtl
{
    *type "Standard Material"
    *pos -172 0
    *mtl_alpha_mask_value 0.300
    *mtl_light_type 0
    *mtl_blend_type 0
    *input_info 13 9 0 -1 -1 1 0 3 0 2 0 -1 -1 -1 -1 11 0 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
}

base_0.txmsrc (DE)

Code:
variables = ""
textures = "sampler UserTexture0 : register(s0) = sampler_state{    MinFilter = Linear;    MagFilter = Linear;    MipFilter = Linear;    AddressU = Wrap;    AddressV = Wrap;};
sampler UserTexture1 : register(s1) = sampler_state{    MinFilter = Linear;    MagFilter = Linear;    MipFilter = Linear;    AddressU = Wrap;    AddressV = Wrap;};
"
normal = "tex2D( UserTexture1, In.texCoord )"
diffuse = "( ( GetFresnelTerm(view, bumpSampleWS, 5.0000f ) * float4(0.0000f,0.1000f,0.0000f,0.0000f) ) + tex2D( UserTexture0, In.texCoord ) )"
diffuse_level = " 1 "
glossness = "(pow(2.0f,40.0000f*0.1f)*4.0f)"
spec_color = "float4(0.8980f,0.8980f,0.8980f,1.0000f)"
spec_level = "(( tex2D( UserTexture0, In.texCoord ) * 0.1500f ))"
self_ill = " 0 "
ambient_map = " 0.5f "
light_map = " 0.5f "
distortion = " 1 "
opacity = " 1 "
custom_shader = " 1 "  end_of_file

- - - Updated - - -

You might ping ShadowX2X, there was some exploration some of these files a while back.

http://www.gamevixenzone.net/naughty-vixens-13/scarlet-blade-make-all-amor-nude-829/#post13504

Last edited by a moderator:

JustGuy

Casual Client
Just curious, it is possible (or has it been) to increase the bust sizes on SB characters in one way or another? I'm seeing a lot of comments on modding the existing files, but I can't seem to find any info on this matter for some reason.

Poplan

Content Creator
Bust sizes are probably just part of the mesh (3D model). (A lot of other MMOs give some 'deformation' sliders for the mesh to change sizes/shapes of things but Scarlet Blade doesn't seem to have implemented anything like that.)

Vallil

Swell Supporter
Bust sizes are probably just part of the mesh (3D model). (A lot of other MMOs give some 'deformation' sliders for the mesh to change sizes/shapes of things but Scarlet Blade doesn't seem to have implemented anything like that.)

i saw once a way to make the boobs bigger was using cheat engine, it got patched tho but said that i think there's a way to do that code-sided, i may be wrong but wasn't cheat engine meant for numerical parameters and stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.