Saving skin codes in a .txt file (1 Viewer)

erogenous

Potential Patron
Anyone else saving skin codes in a simple .txt file somewhere? If so, I got a tip for you! At times you get codes that look like this:

hair:sd chan,1,1;iris:normal, 46,111,100,1;breasts:59;skin:light;lipstick:0,24,94,86,1;eyeshadow:55,26,99,1;eyebrow:68,133,78,1,0,0,0,1;hairhsl:0,1,1, 1;skinhsl:3,1,1,1;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:3;him:0;collar:1

Those are very, very un-txt.friendly as the code goes shooting off to the far right due to the default text editor doesn't add line breaks automatically which makes it real annoying to quickly select it in order to copy/paste into the game. However, there is a simple fix: after each ';' you can press enter in the text editor to add a line break, which gives you something like this instead:

hair:sd chan,1,1;
iris:normal,46,111,100,1;
breasts:59;
skin:light;
lipstick:0,24,94,86,1;
eyeshadow:55,26,99,1;
eyebrow:68,133,78,1,0,0,0,1;
hairhsl:0,1,1, 1;
skinhsl:3,1,1,1;
hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;
bg:3;
him:0;
collar:1

Not only does it fit much better in a .txt file but as you can see you get all the customizable features for the skin code in a very edit-friendly fashion which allows you to tinker with it.

Abom713

Potential Patron
But I like my mess. :(

I just throw my codes in a .txt and unclick wrap around so it goes in a straight line.

erogenous

Potential Patron
Ugh. Then you have to do that side-ways scrolling whilst holding down the mouse to select it all. Can't stand it.

Chance

Content Creator
I used to press enter like you do, then I figured that doing right click -> select all was way faster.

erogenous

Potential Patron
smear said:
just hit ctrl+a to select all, ctrl+c to copy. i love keyboard shortcuts.

That will totally work for selecting individual skin codes in a document containing a collection of them.

Totally.

...dumbass.

Potential Patron
I, for one, only keep one skin code per txt file; each hair_import.png has a matching hair_import.txt with the skin code. Very few hairs have multiple codes associated with them, but when that happens I either use home, shift+end or home, shift+down.

I'm sure your line-breaking each part of the code works great for you, but there are plenty of other solutions out there, and it's really quite silly to dismiss all of them just because you have a personal attachment to the one you use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.