Ryona OTP/ your favorite ship (1 Viewer)

morosenoodle

Avid Affiliate
So there have been plenty of threads on topics like your favorite ryona victim, your favorite ryona situation, your favorite ryona moves, your favorite ryona settings, etc etc etc. But to the best of my knowledge, we haven't had any discussions about our favorite ryona COUPLES; that is, the team of aggressor-and-victim we come back to time and time again. Here is a thread to correct that oversight.

Are there any characters you frequently "ship" together? If so, who are they, and why do you like seeing them beating each other up?
If you're interested in different types of ryona, do you find yourself gravitating towards a different ship for each subcategory of ryona you consume?
And if you enjoy multiple ryona ships, do you view all of your favorite ryona ships as equal, or is there one which you consider your "one true pairing"?

Chun-Li_Forever

Club Regular
So there have been plenty of threads on topics like your favorite ryona victim, your favorite ryona situation, your favorite ryona moves, your favorite ryona settings, etc etc etc. But to the best of my knowledge, we haven't had any discussions about our favorite ryona COUPLES; that is, the team of aggressor-and-victim we come back to time and time again. Here is a thread to correct that oversight.

Are there any characters you frequently "ship" together? If so, who are they, and why do you like seeing them beating each other up?
If you're interested in different types of ryona, do you find yourself gravitating towards a different ship for each subcategory of ryona you consume?
And if you enjoy multiple ryona ships, do you view all of your favorite ryona ships as equal, or is there one which you consider your "one true pairing"?
Ooh boy, that's a very good question.

As always, my favorite ryona victim is Chun-Li. But as for pairing, i honestly have no idea. I would imagine it would include the members of Shadaloo. Here's my list in order in regards to Shadaloo:

1. M. Bison: Being the one that killed her father, and the most powerful, and could really cause her the most pain and suffering. definetely a top choice for me.
2. Sagat: This one is an interesting case because Sagat is no longer a member of Shadaloo. As a result, I don't feel that Chun-Li fighting him would have as much impact as opposed to going up against the organization that killed her father. However, I believe he outclasses Balrog, and even M. Bison when it comes to pure raw power. So Sagat would easily lay down the beating and hurt on Chun-li.
3. Balrog: This is a great matchup: Punches vs. Kicks, Power vs. Speed, I personally love the Beat Down kind of ryona, and Balrog definitely fits that mold.
4. Vega: honestly, I think the Vega/Chun-Li battles i see are overdone. I'm not a fan of this shipping. Speed v. speed. I guess I prefer the contrast of Speed v. Power, being that Chun-Li is weaker than other Street Fighter characters, so there is a sense that she has to overcome that obstacle. And I'm not a fan of slash and stab marks when it comes to Ryona. I like the punch and kick beat downs. The fact that Vega relies on a claw for his attack kinda is a turn off for me.
5. FANG: okay, first off, i hate his character. I think he's annoying, and I am not a fan when it comes to poison attacks unless is causes Chun-li to vomit puke or blood.

That's for Shadaloo. Other Ryoa pairings I'm all for:

1. Ryu/Evil Ryu: Street Fighter's iconic hero and heroine. Ryu gives a perfect balance of hard strikes and amazing specials. But what makes Ryu special is when he is transformed into Evil Ryu, where the rage and evil scale increases, and therefore, so does the suffering and violence.
2. Juri: M. Bison clearly is Chun-Li's lifelong enemy. But Juri will probably be Chun-Li's lifelong nemisis or rival. Powerful kicks and a wonderful character. i love her sadistic personality. She enjoys inflicting pain on others and making others suffer for her enjoyment: The very basis of Ryona. The Chun-li v. Juri fight we got in the Juri OVA was realyl short, but I saw loads of potential.
3. Fei Long: China Man v. China woman. It was ahard choice and it ultimately came down between Yun and Fei Long. But I ultimately picked Fei Long because of the precision in his power, and also, Yun and Chun-li seem really close, almost like family. I always feel awkward when family members beat each other up for reals.
Anyways, Fei is an interesting choice for me because. He doesn't look to strong, but his power in his strikes is overwhelming. And his second ultra (the one inch punch) is still one of my favorite Ultra combos.
4. Adon: Adon is a muay thai fighter. And He has the capacity to inflict bone crushing knees and elbow strikes. Love his ultra combos in USFIV where he finishes with a knee to the chin, and the second one, a stomp on to the stomach.
5. Makoto: powerful attacks and they look like they hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.