Ring Valkyries (1 Viewer)

skylarc197

Potential Patron
Hi everyone, my name is skylarc. I'm creator of Ring Valkyries, a rpg game mix with all-women wrestling league. This games takes place in an alternative world where every last man has died out. Two things emerged during this time: the military empire named Lydnia and a combat sport named MSF or Mixed Sexual Fighting . This sport became incredibly popular with every social class for various reasons. The gyms are owned by members of the upper-class and fighters consisted of martial artists in the various social classes. The three ways to win a match is to knockout your opponent, to make your opponent submit, or to make your opponent cum so hard that she can't continue the match. After the event, there is a punishment game. The fighters and the owner of the gym will be fucked by the winners. For information, check out my stream today at 9:00pm-11:30pm, Picarto.TV - skylarcs Channel.

Last edited:

Atmey

Potential Patron
The idea reminds me of Ultimate Surrender. How would the gameplay be? RPG maker with CG? or action based mini games? or 2d/2.5d fighter? 3d modeling/animation is tough business, good luck with it.

skylarc197

Potential Patron
Well, I am currently using RPG maker MV and 3d custom girl. I want to hire an artist to do the CG but I don't have any money. I set up a patreon; it listed in my blog. If you are interested, check out my stream. I will be streaming at 4:30 pm EST. Thanks for the encouragement.

masterkof

Potential Patron
You dont need a artist to do the CG if you are using 3d custom girl, you need to know japanese to download the mods ( clothes). From your pictures on your blog I am sure you are using MMD. (just saw your thread today not sure whats on your steam yet)
Try to keep to 3d custom girl as there are wrestling poses available online to help you. I am trying to develop a similar game for one year 2 months counting from now. Not happy with the battle system available online so the game I was developing was put off for a LONG TIME. Do send me a pm if you need help as I keep thru all the phrases before.
If you want a game with lots of custom pictures do keep your player wrestler to one.

skylarc197

Potential Patron
Thanks for the advice. I will take that to consideration, but there are other reasons why I wanted to hire an 2d artist like lessen my workload and expanding interest toward my game.

???

Potential Patron
Saw Ring Valkyries, and I was all like "Well alright, lets see..." Saw, RPG Maker....
-__-

The female wrestling + turn based thing has been done to absolute death. Also, you gotta give these people a reason to not just, "go and play Toffi's games"...cause last time I checked, he uses 3D custom girl too, or at least something similar.

skylarc197

Potential Patron
To master, I will be streaming on Sunday at 2 pm PST.

To ???, I understand what you are saying. What I have to say about is that my game has a lot more content. You can fight more than 30 opponents and I'm implying some features like an affection system which will provide hours of gameplay compare to other games which usually have 2 hours of gameplay.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I'm implying some features like an affection system which will provide hours of gameplay compare to other games which usually have 2 hours of gameplay.
The reason that most of the other games have two hours of content is because that's the point at which the user has fully explored the mechanics. They've unlocked every attack ability, visited every menu, optimized their equipment, mastered the combo system, etc... The game has nothing more to teach the player.

You can write up twenty hours of additional narrative, but it won't be engaging. The player isn't going to be challenged by the combat system anymore. They'll simply be grinding their way through a bunch of repetitive fights - so that they can collect affection points, and eventually unlock all of the story tidbits and sex scenes. That isn't ethical design. That's simply wasting someone's time in order to make them feel that your product is more valuable. It appeals to a niche audience of completionists, but many of your players will simply finish the game once and then download a 100% save file.

Take ? ??? 's criticism seriously. If you're releasing a game in a well-worn genre, then you should give people a reason to care about it. Try to establish a unique selling point. It could be puzzle elements, or tag-team matches, or innovative BF combat mechanics, or a heavy focus on strategic planning (and/or lifesim mechanics for the player character), or dating minigames, or simulated AI-vs-AI battles which can reshape the contestant roster, etc...

skylarc197

Potential Patron
Stunk, I am taking ???'s criticism seriously. I should have been more specific because the affection system is going to be more like fallout 4 system where the owner's decision affects the wrestlers. I am also working on a quest system which will have you to do specific quests inside the arena and outside of the arena for example saving a little girl from a group of erotic thugs, teaching a mistress a "lesson", and making injured fighter relive her glory days. I am also working on a replay mode, so player can watch the punishment game again. Stunk, you make some good points, I am working to make this game a unique from the rests. However, the all of these elements and more will be not implemented in the next alpha but they will be implemented through several alphas.

masterkof

Potential Patron
BY the way I saw you are more or less doing all the quest by hand in your steam. ( I won't be seeing them until weekends as we are 13 hours away, when you are doing your steam its 5am over here for me). You can use gameus quest editor to help you out.

skylarc197

Potential Patron
Sorry, everyrone. Life has been crazy; I will resume the streams on Thursday. I will try to stream on Monday though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.