Replacement Mods (1 Viewer)

YeahBroseph

Potential Patron
First, thanks to Anon, ModGuy, Faceless and everyone else in this community who really took kona's idea and ran with it.

Little/no flash experience, but so-so coding experience. I decided to take up a little bit of modding and got through the basics easily enough using Modder.swf and the .png tutorial sequence in the \Modder Guide folder that comes with the loader. This is a good way to get most "costume" elements into the game since the ActionScript code involved just drops whatever you make on top of the original him/her movieclip, e.g.:

Code:
if (this.parent.parent != null)
{
	var main = this.parent.parent;
	main.customMC = new testnip();
	main.loadCustom(".|Her.torso.midLayer.rightBreast.nipple","x:0;y:0;r:0;a:1");
	main.updateStatus("Custom Nipple PoC");
	main.unloadMod();
}

I've noticed there are some mods, such as TheCount's (awesome) breast mods and others (e.g. http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=2560.msg29162#msg29162) that replace an entire movieclip with something new. This is what I'd like to try to do, but the code above doesn't do that. What do?

Do dynamic hairs work this way? Can something static, like a hand or a foot be totally replaced? I've noticed some folks are able to reference the element and set its .visible = false; so surely it has something to do with that but I can't quite get the specifics.

As a separate note, what's a good .swf decompiler that exports the actionscript lines? I could probably answer a lot of my own questions with other peoples' .swf mods and google.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Find what you wish to "replace".
Run a for loop for each child object within the target object.
If the object is a display object (it should be lol) then just set the .visible property to false.
After this, add the new object as a child of the target object.

Register a function to undo this afterwards.

If you need any help with this don't hesitate to let me know hassle a modder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.