Recorder (1 Viewer)

Bruce

Potential Patron
Hi,

I got back to SDT and decided to try out the recorder found in an older version of Sby's loader pack. I can record but I couldn't get it to play back with dialogue actions. Is there a specific folder the recording.txt needs to go into? Do I need to set something up for DA to use the recording? Or is the feature dropped?

Thanks in advance!

stuntcock

Content Creator
I got back to SDT and decided to try out the recorder found in an older version of Sby's loader pack.
As far as I can tell, this feature is defunct.
  • Loader.swf does not check for the presence of a "Recording.txt" file.
  • The Recorder.swf file is absent from ModGuy's bundle.
  • DialogueActions.swf does not check for the presence of a "Recording.txt" file.
  • There's some code in DialogueActions which attempts to modify the AUTO_KEYS setting in the Loader, but it's moot -- the referenced variable no longer exists.
  • The Saving Guide in sby's bundle makes no mention of Recording.txt files.

sby sby may be able to explain why it's included among his files. Perhaps it's just intended a demonstration -- in case someone gets inspired and decides to re-implement it the feature (presumably as an actual Loader Mod instead of a separate program).

If you want the feature to be reinstated then you can ask for it. However, you may have more luck if your simply explain what you're trying to accomplish (e.g. "when the guy reaches 70% pleasure: get the girl to pull off from the penis, duck her head down and approach very close, remain in that position for five seconds and lick the scrotum, then pull away and resume normal Auto Mode behaviour"). There may be a simpler or more reliable technique which involves scripted steps within DialogueActions.

Faceless

Content Creator
It's probably there because it used to be part of the default loader package, and sby sby hasn't gotten around to housekeeping. That's why I had a copy in my SDT folder, anyway.

Bruce

Potential Patron
As far as I can tell, this feature is defunct.
  • Loader.swf does not check for the presence of a "Recording.txt" file.
  • The Recorder.swf file is absent from ModGuy's bundle.
  • DialogueActions.swf does not check for the presence of a "Recording.txt" file.
  • There's some code in DialogueActions which attempts to modify the AUTO_KEYS setting in the Loader, but it's moot -- the referenced variable no longer exists.
  • The Saving Guide in sby's bundle makes no mention of Recording.txt files.

sby sby may be able to explain why it's included among his files. Perhaps it's just intended a demonstration -- in case someone gets inspired and decides to re-implement it the feature (presumably as an actual Loader Mod instead of a separate program).

If you want the feature to be reinstated then you can ask for it. However, you may have more luck if your simply explain what you're trying to accomplish (e.g. "when the guy reaches 70% pleasure: get the girl to pull off from the penis, duck her head down and approach very close, remain in that position for five seconds and lick the scrotum, then pull away and resume normal Auto Mode behaviour"). There may be a simpler or more reliable technique which involves scripted steps within DialogueActions.
Thank you for your quick answer!

I am trying to do an auto mode dialogue that involves her trying to get his dick down. But when first throat thoughts trigger, she usually pulls off too fast. There are more things I would like to trigger with the dialogue but that's the most important one.
It would be great if I could trigger: pull off quickly, pull off slowly, pause, stay down (with self mode recognition, so 'held' isn't triggered), say mostly down while moving gently back and forth.

Like I said, the recorder was part of an older version of Sby's pack. The current one doesn't feature it anymore.

stuntcock

Content Creator
There are more things I would like to trigger ...
As I understand it, you're looking for four things:
  • the ability to temporarily override Auto Mode by setting the girl to a specific penetration depth and holding her there for a specific duration
    • the set-depth feature used to exist in the Loader but has since been removed
    • we'd need to ask @ModGuy about the reasons for removal before reinstating the code
    • the hold-at-depth-for-duration feature would be a novel feature
  • the ability to override the Auto Mode sin-wave function so that the girl will oscillate more slowly
  • the ability to override the Auto Mode sin-wave function so that the girl will oscillate through a narrow range centered on a specific penetration depth
    • existing mod code could be adapted to fulfill this requirement
  • the ability to trigger each of the aforementioned features via trigger lines which will be recognized by DialogueActions
    • @Pim_gd hasn't been active in a while
    • his code is shared on a public repository so another modder could theoretically take it over
    • problem: there are other features on Pim_gd's to-do list with more votes - they would presumably have priority over your request

Bruce

Potential Patron
Thank you for the input.

The recorder functionality could do almost anything if there was a way to call on different recordings via DA.

Is ModGuy still around?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
hmm, not sure how that old recorder file got in there, maybe i accidentally copied it over xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.