Problem with Textures on Body-Template (1 Viewer)

Lothar

Potential Patron
Hello :)

everything went well with modding Bottoms, Footwear and Top Template.

But if i delete the Reference Layer in the Body-Template the Bodypart disapears.

I tryed to copy a shroominfection-texture on the arm:
[attachimg=1]

can somebody explain me how i can do this in the body template?

Many thanks in advance .... Lothar.

Attachments

• infection.jpg
    infection.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 424

Shade

Content Creator
Simple fix, if you don't want the body template to override the normal body, you need to change "var overwrite:Boolean = true;" in the settings layer to "var overwrite:Boolean = false;".

There are a few other special rules and tricks with the Body Template, but I can't remember them exactly right now and I don't want to give you the wrong information.

Patrice

Content Creator
Shade said:
Simple fix, if you don't want the body template to override the normal body, you need to change "var overwrite:Boolean = true;" in the settings layer to "var overwrite:Boolean = false;".

There are a few other special rules and tricks with the Body Template, but I can't remember them exactly right now and I don't want to give you the wrong information.

is there a special rule or trick with the chest body template? changing "var overwrite:Boolean" from true to false doesnt work.

Shade

Content Creator
Patrick said:
Is there a special rule or trick with the chest body template? changing "var overwrite:Boolean" from true to false doesnt work.

Yeah, that's one of the special rules/tricks I was talking about. Even if you have overwrite set to false, the breast and chest layer will be removed IF you put anything in those layers. The only way to have them not vanish is to set the Layers that hold those movie clips as Guides (See picture). You then need to put those layers on the Top Template. Or create a false skin layer in your mod in the Body Template.

[attachimg=1]

Attachments

• Guide.png
    Guide.png
    11 KB · Views: 937

Patrice

Content Creator
ah ha!! now i can finish working on the front wasteband to a vanilla jeans mod! thanks!!!

Shade

Content Creator
Really, you're best bet is to AVOID using the Body Template when doing costumes unless you need to do 'Forearm', 'Hand' and 'Left Shoulder', and even then that's the ONLY thing I'd put on the Body Template.

If your doing custom skin tones, well, use the Body Template all you like. :D

Patrice

Content Creator
oh. well whats the best overall template for vanilla mods? isnt there only 1? the one that synonymous set up?

anyways, what i did was: duplicate the body template, then make the chest, left breast & right breast - into guides, then delete the the other layers, except for the settings layer. yada yada - boolean= false - drag the new "top template" (with the 3 guide layers) to Main. boom! works! i can see the chest now, but my drawing doesnt show.

Attachments

• screenshot0001.png
    screenshot0001.png
    144 KB · Views: 133

Shade

Content Creator
Patrick said:
oh. well whats the best overall template for vanilla mods? isnt there only 1? the one that synonymous set up?

anyways, what i did was: duplicate the body template, then make the chest, left breast & right breast - into guides, then delete the the other layers, except for the settings layer. yada yada - boolean= false - drag the new "top template" (with the 3 guide layers) to Main. boom! works! i can see the chest now, but my drawing doesnt show.

Attachments

• Template.png
    Template.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,025

Synonymous

Content Creator
Shade said:
There are a few different Templates you can use. Synon tends to use the Body Template for most things
Nuh-uh
Real modders only use the collar template

Shade said:
Forearms/Hands/Left Shoulder go onto the Body Template, since no other Template has them.
Pants and Footwear (that's required to layer in a specific way) go onto the Bottom's Template.
Tops go on the Top Template (sometimes also 'cut' to go onto the Bottoms Template when we require mods to go under her right leg, not over it which is how the Top Template behaves.).
Footwear that's standalone, goes on the Footwear Template.
Bingo

Patrice

Content Creator
In your case, since you're just looking at Jeans, you can use the Bottoms Template for everything.

OMG :o

i never even opened the Costumes folder and failed to notice the three Clothes templates!!!! >:(

christ, i feel like an idiot now :-[

Shade

Content Creator
Synonymous said:

Okay, I did base that claim on a Zero Suit Mod that may or may not have been yours, that was in my memory, and I haven't used in a while. :-\ Apologizes! :D

Synonymous said:
Real modders only use the collar template

Please. Real Modders only use the Tongue Piercing Template or do everything in code. ;)

Patrick said:
OMG :o

i never even opened the Costumes folder and failed to notice the three Clothes templates!!!! >:(

christ, i feel like an idiot now :-[

It happens.

Faceless

Content Creator
Honestly, what you should do is go through the templates and make every reference layer a guide layer as well. True, that means it'll seemingly disappear from the parent object, but you'll still be able to see the origin points for them, and double clicking those will still let you edit them.

Another thing I recommend doing is deselecting the "include hidden layers" option in the Publish Settings popup.

Patrice

Content Creator
well, i got it to work in Top Template, and sort of working in the Bottom Template. It was like Shade said, the Body Template was completely unusable for what i was trying to do on the chest area.

with that said, I should also say that Shade just might stand corrected regarding the Guides. i had to set the Right Breast and the Left Breast as Guides only. setting the Chest as a Guide did not show positive results - it was only when i set the Chest layer to Normal and the two breast layers as Guides that i was able to see the chest drawing.

Attachments

• Picture 25.png
    Picture 25.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 107
  • screenshot00014.png
    screenshot00014.png
    146.7 KB · Views: 137

Shade

Content Creator
Patrick said:
with that said, I should also say that Shade just might stand corrected regarding the Guides.

Quite possible. It's been a while since I've played with it so I wasn't 100% which was the cause, but I knew those were the three areas affected, and the likely cause.

Patrice

Content Creator
Shade said:
Patrick said:
with that said, I should also say that Shade just might stand corrected regarding the Guides.

Quite possible. It's been a while since I've played with it so I wasn't 100% which was the cause, but I knew those were the three areas affected, and the likely cause.

Awwwwwww Mannnnnnn. for real? :-\

i was here scratching my head for hours. geez.

well, ill take the 99% :) thanks.

Shade

Content Creator
Well, I'd rather be over cautious than be wrong and miss the problem. ;) Besides, what’s wrong with teaching new Vanilla Modders some good Modding Technique? :P In a lot of ways, Vanilla Modding can be harder than Loader Modding. :-\

Patrice

Content Creator
How do you get character default layers to disappear??
(For example: SCLover13's DS280X mod arranged to make the legs invisible.)

I feel like I knew how to do this and can't remember how I did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.