Original Character: Petal (1 Viewer)

ran

Club Regular
The Petal fiction contest is over. The winner will be announced soon so please wait.
However, the prize maybe slow to deliver, I apologize for it.

Anyway, it is a time to introduce Petal's another move....

------------

Using Chi to harden one's skin is a basic of Chi Combatants. It does not only provide protection, like Petal's Chi Armor, but also prevent the user from hurting herself while attacking, allowing more risky move. However, while this is a good way of defense, using Chi for more offense is not rare among them.

Petal's Chi Armor lets her fight with light weight and protect her from weapons like blade or firearm that are common among modern combat. It's the technique's main purpose. Still, there is a time when Petal needs sudden attack force.

Chi Palm

A technique that allow Petal to "push" her Chi forward, creating a wave of Chi that varies in power, upto the Chi charged into it. If high amount of Chi used, this move can send a force of heavy weight boxer's blow or above which enough to shake even the tough heroine.

x4KW4PM.jpg

The move is hard to use, however. It is a melee attack that has a much shorter range than Petal's standard pistol, while having roughly the same attack power. It also does not suited in crossfire battle since it drains Chi supply from her, shorten time limit of Chi Armor, but Petal should rely on her gun and Chi Armor in that kind of situation. And against an enemy with weapon or dangerous attack, it is better to have Chi Armor to defense against it.

Of course, like Chi Armor, Chi Palm needs steady breathing and Chi flow to use. If the Petal's breathing is corrupted, this move can't be performed effectively. And a motion of "pushing" is also needed so restrained Petal can't use it as well.

Still, it can be Petal's trump card against strong enemy. The heavy palm strike from the little body can turn the table for her. It's a timing that make this move tricky to use, and only few Petals can use it well in real fight.

The move can be delivered both from one or two hands. Two hands allow more Chi pushed at once. Beside from Chi Palm, it has different names dubbed by diffetent Petals, though all are the same. It is said that someone like Lang gave her fancy one.

By the way, can you tell who is the heroine receiving Chi Palm above? :3

I guess the beaten heroine is Blaze Fielding from Streets of Rage 2.

This courageous female cop seems to be so vulnerable against Petal. I guess because she merely fought female punks and dominatrices before and may not expect to encounter such a powerful female opponent.
YXnb904.jpg

Nhef5gf.jpg

Especially when this female opponent knows to use Chi palm as well.

jcWvQeX.gif

Last edited:

leeroycrane

Avid Affiliate
I really like the Petal in that drawing. The shading is very, very good.

My guess for that, if it isn't Blaze, then it must be Tifa.

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
Yes. That is Blaze Fielding :D
Well, she just poped out from my head when Piw started doing the art.

And leeroy is kind to make a fiction for my friend who hyped for Mai's appearance in DoA.
Queen of Fighters: Petal Vs. Mai Shiranui

There are also commissioned arts, you should read the fiction first to avoid full spoiler about the art.

KlGXVcz.jpg

1B04Qul.jpg

One of the Petal's best move performed by lean but strong legs and lower half. The first pic is not included in the fiction though.

Last edited:

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
y6RI57K.jpg

NNin: "OK. I think it's time to announce the winners of our Fiction Contest..."
Petals Fiction Contest! Have your Fanfics be illustrated officially by one of NNin's artist!

6UHIn4M.jpg

Lan: "Announce what? You are almost a year late, Mr.NNin. A YEAR!"
"What are you? Last Fantasy XV Development staff?"

IRkDMzN.jpg

Hui: "Calm down, Lan. At least he is back to do it. Go on, mister."

wvN8Gf5.jpg

NNin: "S... sorry about it."

NNin: "Let's see... the first one is PETAL CONTEST -Data Thieves- from Giafuremu. It shows about zako life, sometime you get overpowered hard. The fight may be short, but quite good."

eHczL5D.jpg

Lan: "Sometime, I really want a bigger gun. You know, fighting an ARMORED opponent with just standard gun and sword is like using mid-graded weapon against High-Ranked Monster."

vncLS2h.jpg

NNin: "The next one is Petal Contest -As the petals fall- from Baku|Haku. He said he wanted to do some story like this long ago. Good read, if little hard to read."

eV66H2O.jpg

Hui: "I feel sad for our sisters there. The enemies are both inhuman and..."

y6RI57K.jpg

NNin: "Then we have two stories by Furryona. One is an uncertain future, another is a story about other Petals."
Petal Contest Recruitment Drive
Petal Contest -A Story Untold-

QS9OB8U.jpg

Lan: "And before I think we won't meet with something weirder, there are cosplayers, eh?"

fYgWvzB.jpg

Hui: "Our sisters did well in the second. Good fight."

y6RI57K.jpg

NNin: "Petal Contest -Petal Vs. Lilies- from dinomoneyman. Standard zako brawl. Not bad."

FOOkVkR.jpg

Lan: "Should I stop solo things sometime?"

vncLS2h.jpg

NNin: "Next two are special. Series of other Petals, focusing in some seniors and juniors. Akumart planned to do 3 parts, but she didn't make it, I think."
Tales of Petals: Side F
Petal Contest Tales of Petal: Side J

fYgWvzB.jpg

Hui: "They have some potentials, indeed. I wish she can do all three."

y6RI57K.jpg

NNin: "Time for our runner-up..."
NNin: "Petal Contest -Petals Versus Irises- (finished) (Alternate Ending posted) from leeroycrane. I like the fight, table turning and some sexiness he added. It has good mixed of those. He got one pic from xtermination [pixiv] ."

mVH58aM.jpg

Lan: "My badass-ness saved our zako sisters, didn't it? Or not..."

QtGiKSH.jpg

vncLS2h.jpg

NNin: "And now... the winner..."

eHczL5D.jpg

Lan: *dramatic theme

y6RI57K.jpg

NNin: "Petal Contest-Disguised Raid- from ran."
"The story packed a large fight, some twist and drama with casts of Petals. I really like them. He got 2 pics from xtermination and piw [pixiv] for this nice piece."

En8zVSf.jpg

Lan: "A life of zako is harsh, but we won't falter!"

8Yry6Sg.jpg

a0w2okr.jpg

y6RI57K.jpg

NNin: "That is all. Thank you, everyone, for joining this contest. I couldn't handle it well, I think. But in the end, I hope you had fun with it."

fYgWvzB.jpg
mVH58aM.jpg

Hui: "Xièxie!"
Lan: "Thank you for making us stories!"

Last edited:

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
I, Piw and Xter has a co-project of "Petal Lan's fight with certain scenes as comic pages for once."

With some reasons, Piw designed The Elite ranked enemy of the Nurse Mercenary from the previous page to use.

Elite Nurse Mercenary

JcxkZas.jpg

Elite Nurse Mercenary possesses all qualities of the Nurse Mercenary, with more experience from many missions. And many of the elites got their skills sharpened.
Personal combatants of each factions are improving in one way or another everyday, and once effective Nurse Mercenary's tactics are getting countered more often, but the Nurses also counter their opponent's. The Nurses value know-how in such conflicting days. They set these elites to lead a unit of Nurse Mercenaries in a mission with their experiences for more desirable results.

Instead of engaging their enemy, Elite Nurse will observe their opponent and command her unit to act according to the situation from the back line. With the Nurse's knowledge in medical skill, she can help her ally as a field medic. And when the situation calls for it, Elite Nurse can use her combat techniques in action like other Nurse Mercenaries, but generally more deadly due to her previous observation and better skills.

Elite Nurse Mercenary vs. Petal Hui

AYOWjAV.jpg

The Capturing Leg.

Petal Hui and her sisters had a mission to attack one hospital occupied by the Nurse Mercenaries. They fought well, as now Hui and some of Petals learnt how to deal with the Nurses' fighting style.
However, their mission went failure. Petals were defeated by the sudden improved tactic. Even Petal Zhuang, the stronger Petal in muscle power, was weaken by a group of Nurses and took down by the Elite Nurse who appeared next. Then even Hui herself lost to the Nurse. She is clearly more dangerous than others.

Petal Lan and her Petal team was sent to rescue Hui's team....

Luckily for Lan, many Nurses were not fully recovered from their match against Hui's team. Lan and her sisters could fight through some groups of Nurses, as Lan is also another Petal who learnt about the Nurses' tactics, until the Elite Nurse decided to engage them. Though the Elite Nurse could do both commanding and fighting in the clash, her plan was somewhat failed. Lan's company can handle her Nurse Mercenaries, forcing her to flee. But Lan followed her quickly, seeing her as an important leader. Two deadly female combatants ended up in a duel...

eXY5mBL.jpg

Their weapons were used and lost, and they engaged in hand-to-hand fight. Lan realized that her moves were not that effective. That is because the Elite Nurse got a pattern of her fighting style by observing both Hui's and Lan's teams. Since both knew how to deal with each others' styles, they went back-and-forth.

77Axsa9.jpg

Lan, however, is one of the fastest Petals. A barrage of kicks was beyond the older combatant's prediction, enough to pass her defense and let Lan delivered another heavy kick.

ikiNSGz.jpg

Forcing herself to respond, the Nurse dodged and countered with backhand. She too is not an easy enemy for Lan. Though, Lan told her back that she is not an easy one to her as well, with a heavy counter kick.

178YeC9.jpg

The Nurse got stunned. And with that opening, Lan used her trump card, Chi Palm. The Nurse knew that this move is dangerous as she saw it.
...She KNEW and SAW Chi Palm. Unknown to Lan, one of the Petals in Hui's team used it on the Nurse's minion and the Nurse herself in their previous match.

qiNGWCQ.jpg

The Nurse played her Joker to Lan's trump card. A knowledge of Lan's movement. With near-perfect timing, she dodged the palm and sent a precise counter blow to Lan's solar plexus.
Since Chi Palm made Lan focused Chi on the attack, her Chi Armor was in the weakest state at the moment. The fist dug deep into her body with no protection. Though it is unknown to the Nurse, this counter attack gave her more advantage than she expected.

Xu2i15e.jpg

Lan knew she made a mistake, a big one. An attack that aimed to the pressure point. The specialized attack of the Nurse Mercenaries. One clean hit was enough to disrupt Lan's breathing, stunning her.
Before Lan could react, the Nurse performed Full Nelson hold to the coughing Chinese Girl. Seeing her enemy was trying to destroy her arms, Lan resisted. But the Nurse still had another plan.

LC8gD9r.jpg

Dragon Suplex. A move that you might not expect from someone like nurse. Lan got slammed head first to the floor. Since her breathing was interrupted, her Chi Armor couldn't save her from such impact...

With confused breathing, blurred vision and brain shaken, will Lan turn her table against this dangerous enemy?

n6LKVG7.jpg

The Nurse didn't let her chance escape. She quickly grabbed Lan's slender leg into a hold, aiming to disable one of the Petal's weapon.
"Are you hurt?" the Nurse asked, twisting the leg little by little. Lan once experienced this pain by one Nurse Mercenary, in her arm at that time...
"You... won't..." Lan desperately answered, trying to escape the skillful hold before her leg get destroyed.
Will she succeed?

MIfuvQi.jpg

The Nurse didn't let her chance escape. She quickly mouthed Lan's slender leg, then sent a heavy punch into Lan's belly.
"Are you hurt?" the Nurse asked, punching the girl another time, then another time, then another time.
Lan answered with grunt every times the fist hammered her body, feeling her stomach was crying. She must escapes before the Nurse fills her throat with gastric juice or internal blood.
Will she succeed?

Last edited:

osw

Club Regular
It’s a coincidence, a famous RWBY artist who also works on the show drew Ruby in something that looks like a Petal uniform:

osw

Club Regular

osw

Club Regular
3D Petals by Idoro Idoro !

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.