OpenToonz, the animation software of Studio Ghibli (1 Viewer)

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Hello

While I was looking for tutorials about Animate CC on YouTube, I found this software, and I am sure it can be helpful to someone here: OpenToonz
  • This is a software for producing 2D animations, based on the software "Toonz", which was developed by Digital Video S.p.A. in Italy, customized by Studio Ghibli, and has been used for creating its works for many years.
  • This software can be used by anyone free of charge, no matter whether the purpose of use is commercial or not.
  • This is available as an open source, so that users can modify its source code freely.
It works a bit like Animate CC, but it's not costing one arm and a half per month, and you don't have to fear that police comes to beat you in the middle of the night because you've cracked Adobe's property...
The only problem is that the documentation is only in Japanese, but there is an English forum and many tutorials on YouTube.

Now go and try it.
I want to see a 90 minutes anime by the end of the week! :tongue:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.