Nvidia's "A New Dawn" Nude Mod (1 Viewer)

Danny81

Potential Patron
For those w/ SLI getting horrible frame rates, I believe Nvidia has removed the profile for this demo from their latest drivers (344.11). Only 1 of my 2 GTX 680s are active during the demo now, w/ 25 fps. Inspector no longer has anything listed for the compatibility bits...

yeah I noticed that too. Turning off ULTRA mode helps the framerate though.

Password42

Content Creator

Attachments

• NoFeet.png
    NoFeet.png
    572 KB · Views: 1,277

VapidLurker

Potential Patron
I came to say that I was able to get this working on an AMD/ATI graphics card with the following patch:

download from Guru3D.com

It looks smooth as butter on HD 78XX series cards.

I remember getting the nude patch for the original Dawn demo back in the day. Thanks for keeping the dream alive. I hope they do a new Nalu at some point. The mermaid with hair simulation was awesome.

drachehexe

Potential Patron
First, I want to say that this is a fantastic mod. One of the best I've seen. (In all fairness though I did just drop a GTX 970 into my system before running this). Extra kudos for a easy switch between the edited version and the original and the other little things. Excellent work.

Second, it might be helpful to note that you shouldn't install the New Dawn demo into the default directory. That's what messes some people up because if the demo is installed in the Program Files(x86) directory the admin rights management or whatever it is doesn't let the unpack.bat extract the files correctly. The files extract cleanly, but they don't show up in the directory as they should and the mod won't run correctly. Installing to the demo to something just like c:\New Dawn and everything will work smoothly without having to mess with anything concerning the admin functions.

Manning

Potential Patron
I concur about the default directory, I had trouble untill I installed it some where other than that and it worked first time. Last time I tried this demo, I could barely run it on a GTX 560 ti.

Now rocking dual GTX 980's and this still looks great even though its about 2 years old.

On a side note, if anyone gets access or in the near future has the opportunity to use 3D vision (I use Nvidia), this demo looks amazing with it, especially her face. Amazing detail.

drachehexe

Potential Patron
I could barely run it on a GTX 560 ti.

I upgraded from a GTX 650 ti, but I never tried to run it until now. Decided to hit some of the NVIDIA demos to see how my new card handles it and it works just beautifully.

On a side note, if anyone gets access or in the near future has the opportunity to use 3D vision (I use Nvidia), this demo looks amazing with it, especially her face. Amazing detail

I have a 3DTV as my desktop monitor and I run TRIDef3D and I agree, it is a fantastic demo with great detail.

SpellsOfErotica

Potential Patron
Im still having trouble, man. I got npk.txt, Unpack.bat, and quickbms.exe in the A New Dawn folder. Unpack.bat asks me to overwrite, skip, overwrite all, or automatically rename files. I hit overwrite all, the command overwrites it all then nothing happens. i dont know what to do after this. You said use quickbms.exe to extract the folders but i dont know how to do that, it just opens up folders or it says that it cannot be found.

it wont work without demo.npk, i put textures in both A New Dawn folder and bin folder, i dont know where its supposed to go.

Password42

Content Creator
Im still having trouble, man. I got npk.txt, Unpack.bat, and quickbms.exe in the A New Dawn folder. Unpack.bat asks me to overwrite, skip, overwrite all, or automatically rename files. I hit overwrite all, the command overwrites it all then nothing happens. i dont know what to do after this. You said use quickbms.exe to extract the folders but i dont know how to do that, it just opens up folders or it says that it cannot be found.

it wont work without demo.npk, i put textures in both A New Dawn folder and bin folder, i dont know where its supposed to go.
I'm not 100% certain what exactly is happening on your end, but after a successful mod installation your ..\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Demos\A New Dawn folder should end up looking like the attached image after you have run Unpack.bat and moved demo.npk out of the folder. At this point you should also have the keybinds.txt file from this mod within the bin folder, as that file is necessary for toggling Dawn's clothes on and off. Lastly, you need to have chosen Hairy or Shaved and merged the corresponding textures folder into the install directory, which will provide the updated nude skins.

Attachments

• AND.png
    AND.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 316

SpellsOfErotica

Potential Patron
Im not able to extract the Audio, settings, shaders, textures, or util folders. the Unpack.bat doesnt move anything, It asks me this, Untitled-2.jpg , and it doesnt change anything here. Untitled-3.jpg

Password42

Content Creator
Perhaps you are having issues with the Program Files folder and administrator privileges. You may need to Run as Administrator, or reinstall the entire A New Dawn program to a new location, since Windows can be terribly picky about permissions in the Program Files folders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.