Nvidia's "A New Dawn" Nude Mod (1 Viewer)

shin-law

Potential Patron
Your mod is so great that you actually made me post for the first time, I am running this on an oc'd 560ti 448 Core and she looks stunning... your mod makes it even more grand.

biosquid2

Potential Patron
Thanks for the awesome mod, Password42!!! This is my first post as well. I have a couple of questions though. How come all the .txt files had to be moved manually or via a .bat script to the bin folder; the BMS script seemed to have automatically unpacked files to the proper location for the models folder, why was it unable to do the same for the bin folder? As of late, I've also noticed that by forcing the demo to load textures from the unpacked files, the (4-5 minute) scripted auto-camera sequence never runs. It never runs after leaving the demo idle or even by forcing auto-camera on in the controls. The only way I was able to bring back this feature is by allowing the demo to load the original, unpacked demo.npk. It's a beautifully scripted scene; is there any way to fix the auto-camera to work with the unpacked files? I'd really like to watch the sequence while being able to use the unpacked keybinds.txt to disable the Nvidia logo. Thanks again for bringing this mod into existence!

Password42

Content Creator
Thanks for the awesome mod, Password42!!! This is my first post as well. I have a couple of questions though. How come all the .txt files had to be moved manually or via a .bat script to the bin folder; the BMS script seemed to have automatically unpacked files to the proper location for the models folder, why was it unable to do the same for the bin folder? As of late, I've also noticed that by forcing the demo to load textures from the unpacked files, the (4-5 minute) scripted auto-camera sequence never runs. It never runs after leaving the demo idle or even by forcing auto-camera on in the controls. The only way I was able to bring back this feature is by allowing the demo to load the original, unpacked demo.npk. It's a beautifully scripted scene; is there any way to fix the auto-camera to work with the unpacked files? I'd really like to watch the sequence while being able to use the unpacked keybinds.txt to disable the Nvidia logo. Thanks again for bringing this mod into existence!
Excellent question. It seems that the .dat files such as attract_1.dat need to be moved to the "bin" folder as well. I've updated the mod to version 1.1.1, changing the readme and unpacking batch script to accommodate this. Good catch :).

Changelog:

• Updated readme with new troubleshooting instructions.
  • Unpack.bat now moves the *.dat files into the bin folder to ensure Auto-camera functionality.

biosquid2

Potential Patron
Yup, I thought that might be it since there was a .dat file named "camerapath." Thanks for the speedy update! Keep up the excellent work.

johnbao

Potential Patron
so, we only can get her topless for this model? or there's no other possibilities way of getting her totally nude?[h=1][/h]

Password42

Content Creator
so, we only can get her topless for this model? or there's no other possibilities way of getting her totally nude?
For now, yes. Perhaps in the future I'll figure out her genitalia, but it'll only at best be textured-on, as I have no way of model-editing at the moment.

Please refrain from using black text color, especially at random in the middle of your sentence. It's impossible to see when using the dark theme.

Danny81

Potential Patron
no matter what I do, she still has those leafs covering her nipples. I've downloaded the updated file, uninstalled and reinstalled dawn demo, and did everything step by step.

Password42

Content Creator
no matter what I do, she still has those leafs covering her nipples. I've downloaded the updated file, uninstalled and reinstalled dawn demo, and did everything step by step.

Did you use the keybind to remove her clothes? She's not naked by default, you have to press the D key.

GamerJota

Potential Patron
Holy shit... This thing is too high res for me. Stucked at constant 20 FPS. GTX 680 and i5 3570k.

Last edited by a moderator:

brokezor

Potential Patron
I haven't been able to get this to work, I've extracted the 3 files, run unpack without any errors. Then copied the extra textures etc.

That didn't work, so I extracted the npk to a different directory and moved them over. No luck.

All txt, and dat files are in bin. Binds for dev-mode and wireframe work, the others not. Altho I can't enter anything in the 'console' at all.

Password42

Content Creator
I haven't been able to get this to work, I've extracted the 3 files, run unpack without any errors. Then copied the extra textures etc.

That didn't work, so I extracted the npk to a different directory and moved them over. No luck.

All txt, and dat files are in bin. Binds for dev-mode and wireframe work, the others not. Altho I can't enter anything in the 'console' at all.
Did you make sure to (re)move the demo.npk once its contents were extracted? You cannot leave demo.npk in its original location; if you do, the modifications will not be loaded.

johnbao

Potential Patron
Holy shit... This thing is too high res for me. Stucked at constant 20 FPS. GTX 680 and i5 3570k.

lol i5 is weak man even with 3930K i7 with 670 only get about 30-40 MAX... we need either 690 nor Sli 670 best is 770sli or 780sli lol this is a monster textures demo lmao

but only can see her nipples not worth the hassle haha

@brokezor. plus you need to hit that D on your keyboard, and she doesn't topless by default lol

ReaperV11

Potential Patron
Will there ever be full nude version? If there is, can you give me a link? I know that we can't post here that kind of things so maybe you didn't post it here.

I'm using patched version for AMD and I get 8 FPS on ultra, 1080p with my HD7850 OC 1GB. Funny thing is that when I record with Fraps, 1080p, I still have 8 FPS. Does anyone know if this might be because of a bad patch? If it is, then do you know a good patch?

Mharius

Content Creator
Well I can't talk about the full nude version here, because ReaperV11 just told me it isn't allowed!
:(:rolleyes:

About the performance, not really surprising as you are supposed to use Nvidia not AMD for it and the 7850 is a pretty low-end card anyways...

Danny81

Potential Patron
Low-end? I don't think so. It's not the best but surely not low-end

I'm sorry, but 7850 is considered a low-end card nowadays.
That's pretty much in the same range as GTX 650 Ti. It doesn't even come close to vanilla GTX 660 in terms of performance.

Axl21

Potential Patron
I'm having a problem with unpacking the demo.npk file. The command prompt error is telling me that

"it's not possible to create that file due to its filename or related incompatibilities (for example already exists a folder with that name), so now you must choose a new filename for saving it.
- old : audio\environmental\frogs_loop.mp3
-new: "

This error always appears no matter how many times I run the unpack batch file or even doing the quick bms thing manually. Anyone know a way to fix it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.