New Dialogue: "Willing Blowbang" (1 Viewer)

John23

Potential Patron
Hey everyone, this is my first contribution. It's somewhat of a consolidated set of a few dialogues that I've seen here over the last few months, plus a little of my own added in. I'll make an "Unwilling Blowbang" if the interest is great enough. There are only a few of the new dialogue triggers added in so far, and as I find some more time to work on it I can supplement as the need arises. Enjoy![attachurl=1]

Attachments

Willing Blowbang 1.15b.txt
22 KB · Views: 4,375

booster

Avid Affiliate
"consolidated set"?
you mainly used MY dialogue "serve" and you didn't ask me if you may, you little cunt!

please dear moderator, delete this thread

ModGuy

Content Creator
John23 said:
Hey everyone, this is my first contribution. It's a set of a few dialogues that I've seen here over the last few months, plus a little of my own added in.

booster said:
you mainly used MY dialogue "serve" and you didn't ask me if you may, you little cunt!

please dear moderator, delete this thread

First of all, whoa.... relax. He's hardly claiming the dialogue as completely his own.
He should have given credit, but your reaction is a bit much.
If someone took a mod I created and extended on it without my permission I would encourage them - not be angry.
This forum lacks content, it should be a good thing when someone contributes - even if they base the contribution off of existing content.

I think that the first post should be reworked to include credit(s).

I believe his -1 karma probably came from yourself too - way to greet a new member.

booster

Avid Affiliate
others asked me before, if they might use stuff i made for their own projects and my answer was always: yes

see? it could be so easy if he wouldn't steal

ModGuy

Content Creator
booster said:
others asked me before, if they might use stuff i made for their own projects and my answer was always: yes

see? it could be so easy if he wouldn't steal

I can understand why you'd be annoyed here, but he hasn't claimed authorship of the dialogue.
I know you'd probably be fine with it had he asked, but it's no reason to start flaming, -Karma'ing and requesting thread closure.
You're acting as if he's actually done harm to you.

"steal"? Really? You need to take a step back and think about what's actually happening here.
He downloaded some dialogues, added some stuff and uploaded it.
He didn't steal anything - and once more, he did not say he wrote it - he explicitly says that it was based on existing dialogues.

John23

Potential Patron
Hey Booster, it's the OP. First of all, the reason that I didn't ask you for permission, which I would have if I had known it was mostly your content, is because I have been slowly adding and patching together a dialogue that suits my personal interests over the past few months. Given its size, it's been a while and incorporated many different people's work as well as some of my own. This was originally done because it was something that I liked and was improving to my tastes. I decided to share it because I have seen a surprising lack of new dialogues on this site, especially with the new triggers released in 1.15b, and thought others would like to do the same.

*TL;DR: If you would like me to get your permission retroactively, I more than agree with you. So, may I please borrow and share some of your modified work, especially now that you get credit? If no, I'll delete this post.

P.S. "Booster" refers to someone that steals other things, so it's kinda ironic that you're complaining about me boosting from a "Booster" :)

mike

Casual Client
I agree with booster here.

If someone wants to use others work the least is to ask them permission to do so. Just because it's free doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with it.

The fact that the forum is lacking content isn't an excuse. Actually, it only means it requires new content, new ideas, not reused stuff.

To OP : there are a great deal of requesters here so if you really want to offer new content simply post a "I take your requests" thread and you'll have enough to occupy yourself for the next month.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
ModGuy said:
If someone took a mod I created and extended on it without my permission I would encourage them - not be angry.
This forum lacks content, it should be a good thing when someone contributes - even if they base the contribution off of existing content.

I believe his -1 karma probably came from yourself too - way to greet a new member.
I think it would be different if someone took something you wrote, added one sentence and claimed it their own... not this situation, sure, but point made.
I disagree with your second statement, the site is jam packed with content... however, it is lacking in NEW content... also, IMO I don't feel writing dialogues is contributing until it gets audio. It getting audio says to me that the dialogue is so good that people wanted it voiced or someone wanted to voice it, it makes a statement. Making new content based off of existing content is perfectly fine in any other area, but here, it's just repetitive.

No disagreement here, I'll likely remove the karma change as it is slightly uncalled for.

John23 said:
P.S. "Booster" refers to someone that steals other things, so it's kinda ironic that you're complaining about me boosting from a "Booster" :)
That's really just your assumption... but to help you out Definition

I would maybe feel differently if there were something harmful here, but I'm not deleting the topic

booster

Avid Affiliate
John23:
i am sorry for the "cunt"

for the rest i'm not. i am not a fan of "covering" things, no matter in what way. be creative and do your own stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.