Need Manual Mod Installation help for SDT LOADER (1 Viewer)

Joe Barbaro

Potential Patron
So I looked around this website and couldn't find a tutorial on how to install manual mods in SDT Loader.
I found a bunch of manual mods in Archive v17 and I cannot for the life of me get them to work.
Any help from anyone would be much appreciated!

stuntcock

Content Creator
I found a bunch of manual mods in Archive v17 and I cannot for the life of me get them to work.
Please be more specific.

There are some mods in the Archive which were written for an older version of the game and which simply do not work in the current version. Some older mods might still work, but they'll need special handling (such as custom placement in the load-order). Some older mods might be revive-able (via a quick round of code fixes) if they're especially popular or if they fill a niche which isn't satisfied by any currently-available mod.

So give us a list of mods and we can investigate.

Joe Barbaro

Potential Patron
I should of been more specific... I apologize.
I am using the latest version of SDT Loader and have been messing around with the mods in the "Anonymous Archive v17" for quite some time and tried to boot up some mods under the " Manual" folder which is found by navigating through these directories below..

Anonymous_Archive_v17 >ZZZZ_ Extra Content >Loader >ZZZ_Loader Mods > Manual.
The mods in the folder just wouldn't boot up.
I'm really interested in the nipple mods in the folder but as you said they may need some special fixing.
Any solutions?
Thanks.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I'm really interested in the nipple mods in the folder but as you said they may need some special fixing.
The files in the Manual folder are so named because the user needed to manually apply them to the appropriate element within the scene (using a much more primitive version of the Loader). They're essentially just art assets. You might find it useful to think of them as "modder resources" because they could be assembled into a usable mod.

In fact, most of them have already been packaged into mods. The Search tool is useful here. A query for "clothespin" will lead you to Grimey's thread, where you'll find most of the nipple mods.

I would advise you not to actually use those files, though. They're Loader mods, and so they'll exhibit some annoyances (need to RESET the game to remove them) and they aren't compatible with moreClothing. @Faceless repackaged those mods as vanilla imports, and you'll find those mods much more convenient to work with. You can find them in the Faceless Misc Imports thread.

The Archive is a useful resource, but it's important to remember that it's also an archive. Some of its contents will be obsolete, outdated, duplicated, deprecated, or unfinished. If you notice a file in the Archive that doesn't work then it might be a lost treasure ... but it might also be a piece of junk. A quick glance with ffdec might help you to decide whether it's worth spending time on an uncooperative file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.