Need a bit of tech help involving flash player. (1 Viewer)

kinderhaulf

Potential Patron
I'm usually very good at fixing my own tech issues but I don't know if I've just gone retarded or what on this one. Basically since the release of version 1.5 my computer just opens super deep throat as a black screen in the normal flash player box. I've tried downloading updated versions of flash player multiple times. I have also tried completely removing flash player from my computer and re-downloading it as this has fixed flash player issues for me before. I'm on a 64 bit system though I doubt that will have anything to do with it and I'm running windows 7. I'd like to start making characters again but since I haven't been able to even use the program I haven't been building new characters. Anyone have any ideas or questions that might help them help me fix this problem I would greatly appreciate it. The only programs that ever seem to give me issues are adobe with the exclusion of photoshop, thanks in advance.

al1enh0mIn1d

Content Creator
The only programs that ever seem to give me issues are adobe with the exclusion of photoshop, thanks in advance.
all adobe programs give problems ;D lol

anyway I'm not an expert on this but here's my ideas

First questions.
When launching SDT in standalone player is it just the blackscreen or do you hear the start-up tone?
Does the problem still occur when you try opening older versions (after you opened the newer version)?

My suggestions
Try clearing your LSO's this might help (if you don't kno how to clear just use a program like this http://download.cnet.com/Temp-File-Cleaner/3000-2094_4-10628816.html careful tho it erases all your recent history that isn't admin level)

And if that dosen't work try running SDT in another player Like GOM http://www.gomlab.com/eng/GMP_download.html till someone else can help with your problem

Hope it helps :P

kinderhaulf

Potential Patron
when launching it in the stand alone it's just black with no sound. As far as the older versions the last one that worked was 1.4 which I have no way to redownload to check. I play games on kongregate every once in a while and I use autodesk so I know my flash player is fully up to date.

al1enh0mIn1d

Content Creator
kinderhaulf said:
when launching it in the stand alone it's just black with no sound. As far as the older versions the last one that worked was 1.4 which I have no way to redownload to check. I play games on kongregate every once in a while and I use autodesk so I know my flash player is fully up to date.

i got that your flash player is up to date but what I was trying to say is when the last time SDT worked it might have corrupted an LSO (not on purpose tho) it leaves on your computer (for your preferences, character list hell if i kno, etc. )

so try clearing your LSO's and see if that helps

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Curiously, does your computer have an installed sound card, it's possible that this bug could've returned.

Any other things wrong with your computer?

Try using the 1.7.1b.exe from the 1.7.1b post in the news section, it doesn't require flash at all.

S

Some Dumb Guy

About that exe-file: I got a warning from my security software when I tried to download it (I had a couple of instances where SDT loaded, sounded the start-up chime and showed a black screen with bits and pieces of the menu) so either the certificates for the exe aren't recognized as such or the file itself is a little dodgy. I'll stick to the SWF instead and I'll keep in mind to regularly clean my temps.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Please use the official flash player whenever possible.
It helps when trying to solve issues with security software.

http://is.gd/FLASH

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
If you are referring to the exe that I release, it should have no security problems because it is created with the official stand alone player.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Anonymous said:
If you are referring to the exe that I release, it should have no security problems because it is created with the official stand alone player.

That would be absolutely fine.
I'm talking about members posting possibly infected EXE files saying "Hey check out this media player, it's awesome."

S

Some Dumb Guy

Well, the file I'm talking about was linked directly from Konashion's blogsite. My security software (MSSE) apparently didn't like the taste of it so I didn't force it to swallow out of precaution.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
To my knowledge I'm the one who posted the .exe on Konashion's blog, unless there was more than one exe.

S

Some Dumb Guy

I've only seen just one link to the exe, so I'll take it that's yours...

Sure it's not a certificate problem? I'm running W7 which is quite anal about certificates and stuff anyway.

Perhaps I'll give the exe another try then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.