More Clothes Problem - fixed (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack-The-Ripper

Potential Patron
I've been trying to get the More Clothes mod to work, but when I add a new piece of clothing and then run the game, I get an error that's something like "Sports bra needs CostumeBra." This is the line I have in the More Clothes settings: Sports Bra.swf=Sports Bra:CostumeBra

This does not happen with all clothes, for example there were some boots that it worked with. Any help would be much appreciated.

Fixed, i had the clothes in the wrong category

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
J Jack-The-Ripper has already fixed his problem, but I'll just emphasize this point for any future readers:

You don't need to specify any categories when registering a SWF file with moreClothing. @sby wrote some clever code, and the mod is surprisingly user-friendly. moreClothing will automatically inspect an incoming SWF, extract all of the usable elements from it, and add them to the appropriate selector categories (pants, shoes, cuffs, etc). So it's perfectly valid to register all of your SWF files using a lazy/minimal configuration line:

Code:
Sports Bra.swf=Sports Bra

The main reasons to use the advanced configuration are:
  • exclusion. A SWF file contains multiple costume pieces (e.g. pants, shoes). You hate the shoes and never ever want to use them, so you write an advanced configuration line which registers only the pants.
  • recategorization. The Sports Bra is technically considered a shirt (because SDT modding is weird). You want it to appear in the "Bra" selector instead, so you use an advanced configuration line which registers the Sports Bra and reassigns it.
  • bundling. A long-sleeved turtleneck was created as a combination of three pieces (shirt, collar, body-mod sleeves) within a single SWF file. moreClothing treats them as independent clothing items. To see the complete shirt, you're forced to make three separate selections via SDT's in-game menu. You want things to be more convenient, so you bundle the pieces together with a fancy configuration line. Whenever the shirt selector is switched to "turtleneck", the sleeves and collar will also automatically appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.