Miku "Him" mod request (1 Viewer)

Kinda Random Person

Potential Patron
Hello people, yes, you heard that one right, Him mod. If you understand what am I asking you should already know I like futa stuff, so I would be very grateful if any of you made a mod to make "Him" have Miku's hair, it's not a big deal, since the game already has the Miku hair asset, All though, the in-game one is actually shorter than actual Miku's pigtails so if you can, please resize it a bit (Miku's hair allmost touches the ground).
Thanks beforehand.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I would be very grateful if any of you made a mod to make "Him" have Miku's hair
@dantethedarkprince has a modding technique for this sort of thing: Need Some Head? UPDATE: 12-21-14 - Nami & KanColle forehead fix

Dante is currently inactive. I'm willing to create male head mods, but it's a quid-pro-quo thing (because they involve a fair amount of effort for me). You'd need to make some kind of creative contribution to the site, or commit to a useful modding project, or write a dialogue, or something along those lines. If you don't know how to get involved then read the Getting Started guide. If you're still uncertain then I can try to identify a few opportunities.

the in-game one is actually shorter than actual Miku's pigtails so if you can, please resize it a bit (Miku's hair allmost touches the ground).
I'd need some sketches here (crude MSPaint-manipulated versions of SDT screenshots would suffice). Floor-length static hair would probably look goofy. Floor-length dynamic hair would tend to overlap with the arms and torso. There's nothing wrong with overlap, but if you're hoping for a different appearance then a sketch would be very useful. Several sketches (showing the character standing, leaning, sitting, etc) would be even better.

Kinda Random Person

Potential Patron
Ok, it took a bloody long time, but I made a concept-art-thingy, got some reference images (Some of them are quite different from the others, but the hair is consistent) and even took some screenshots from PSP's Hatsune Miku Project DIVA with my phone, hope those are enough references

Attachments

• 0000000001.png
    0000000001.png
    1 MB · Views: 798

Kinda Random Person

Potential Patron
@dantethedarkprince has a modding technique for this sort of thing: Need Some Head? UPDATE: 12-21-14 - Nami & KanColle forehead fix

Dante is currently inactive. I'm willing to create male head mods, but it's a quid-pro-quo thing (because they involve a fair amount of effort for me). You'd need to make some kind of creative contribution to the site, or commit to a useful modding project, or write a dialogue, or something along those lines. If you don't know how to get involved then read the Getting Started guide. If you're still uncertain then I can try to identify a few opportunities.

Ok, I think that male heads can be tricky shit, but I guess using one of Dante's male heads as a base can make things easier, at least female heads (like the one in my request) can be done usings game assets, but I know shit at modding and I suck at reading tutorials, but maybe one day I will give it a go

stuntcock

Content Creator
Ok, it took a bloody long time, but I made a concept-art-thingy, got some reference images (Some of them are quite different from the others, but the hair is consistent) and even took some screenshots from PSP's Hatsune Miku Project DIVA
I don't need to know what the character looks like, because the intent is to reuse existing assets. I don't expect to do any creative work.

I need to understand the technical scope of this project - specifically w/r/t animation. I asked for SDT screenshot-sketches showing the character in different poses, because I need to know how you expect the hair to react when the character leavns, crouches, lies down, etc. It would also be useful to specify which of the available Hatsune Miku hairstyles you want.

If those PSP screenshots are important to you then please download them to a backup location soon. I intend to remove them all except the first one, because (a: they aren't useful references for this project) and (b: reference images should be hosted offsite rather than attached).

I know shit at modding and I suck at reading tutorials, but maybe one day I will give it a go
Please read more carefully. I don't expect you to create the mod on your own. It's a somewhat tricky modding task (depending on the animation specs) and wouldn't be suitable for an introductory project.

I'm asking you to do something useful for the forum (and/or the SDT modding community), in return for which I'll create the Miku head+hair mod.

Kinda Random Person

Potential Patron
I don't need to know what the character looks like, because the intent is to reuse existing assets. I don't expect to do any creative work.
Well, I know that the game already has some assets, but again, they are like half the size of Miku's actual hair, unless you just want to resize the in-game hairstyle.

I need to understand the technical scope of this project - specifically w/r/t animation. I asked for SDT screenshot-sketches showing the character in different poses, because I need to know how you expect the hair to react when the character leavns, crouches, lies down, etc. It would also be useful to specify which of the available Hatsune Miku hairstyles you want.
Actually, being a "Him" mod, A.K.A. Male replacer, I think there's no need for the character to pose since "Him" is always standing, unless using Animtools, but if you need some, I'll try to make some. As for the hairstyle, I just want the normal hairstyle, nothing fancy.

If those PSP screenshots are important to you then please download them to a backup location soon.
I already have those images on a folder, don't worry.

reference images should be hosted offsite rather than attached
Sorry, first time posting, still trying to figure out this wikia-like reply system.

Please read more carefully. I don't expect you to create the mod on your own. It's a somewhat tricky modding task (depending on the animation specs) and wouldn't be suitable for an introductory project.
I wasn't saying I will start modding with that, I was just presenting a way to make male heads easier and saying that maybe some day I'll like to try it out.

I'm asking you to do something useful for the forum (and/or the SDT modding community), in return for which I'll create the Miku head+hair mod.
I'm thinking about some animtool positions or maybe hair mods, all though, can you hand me over some tools please? I don't know wich programs I can use for that.

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
Well, I know that the game already has some assets, but again, they are like half the size of Miku's actual hair, unless you just want to resize the in-game hairstyle.
I do want to resize an existing hairstyle. So did you - in your first post.

If you've decided that you want a new hairstyle mod, then please create a Request thread for it and then talk to me again when that mod is complete.

Actually, being a "Him" mod, A.K.A. Male replacer, I think there's no need for the character to pose since "Him" is always standing, unless using Animtools, but if you need some, I'll try to make some.
HIM is always standing. But HIM moves around during gameplay. Such movement has implications for any hairstyle attached to HIM's head.

These movements are subtle. It's difficult to illustrate how hair ought to shift when the head moves only a few centimeters.

By sketching out the head+hair position in very different poses, you can give me an understanding of how it ought to move within and between these extreme poses. I can then setup an animation plan which fits these specifications.

When we revert to the standard upright-fellatio pose, the minor head+hair movement which occurs therein will be a subset of the expected animation behaviour. And so it will presumably be acceptable to you, and we won't need to go through a whole bunch of revision cycles.

As for the hairstyle, I just want the normal hairstyle, nothing fancy.
There are four static Hatsune Miku hairstyles in the archive. One of them (by @voltlight) can be seen here. It was subsequently animated by @Faceless; the SWF file isn't available in his thread but can be found in the archive. And there's a version by @Konashion.

The hairstyle shown in your mockup screenshot doesn't match any of these.

So: which hairstyle do you consider "normal"?

I don't know wich programs I can use for that
Tutorials

Hairstyles can be created in Inkscape, GIMP, Paint.NET, etc.
Loader mods can be written in notepad and compiled with the Lightweight Mod Compiler.
Very fancy Loader mods may require Adobe Animate (formerly known as Flash Professional). Vanilla SWF imports also require it ... although there's a workaround if you're technically proficient.
Dialogues can be written in notepad, but you'll probably want a more feature-rich editor (and you should also avail yourself of the Dialogue Checker).

Kinda Random Person

Potential Patron
I do want to resize an existing hairstyle. So did you - in your first post.

If you've decided that you want a new hairstyle mod, then please create a Request thread for it and then talk to me again when that mod is complete.
It's too much trouble to make another request just for the hair to be the exact lenght, resizing is ok

HIM is always standing. But HIM moves around during gameplay. Such movement has implications for any hairstyle attached to HIM's head.

These movements are subtle. It's difficult to illustrate how hair ought to shift when the head moves only a few centimeters.

By sketching out the head+hair position in very different poses, you can give me an understanding of how it ought to move within and between these extreme poses. I can then setup an animation plan which fits these specifications.

When we revert to the standard upright-fellatio pose, the minor head+hair movement which occurs therein will be a subset of the expected animation behaviour. And so it will presumably be acceptable to you, and we won't need to go through a whole bunch of revision cycles.
Well I quite don't get it, so you want me to take screenshots of what movement arc should the hair have? I think I have a vague idea, but frankly, my native language isn't english, my english is good, but I have trouble understanding with all the more "technical" vocabulary you're using, but if I'm being too much of a "I an no spekin englich" person for you, I wouldn't care if you just make it static

There are four static Hatsune Miku hairstyles in the archive. One of them (by @voltlight) can be seen here. It was subsequently animated by @Faceless; the SWF file isn't available in his thread but can be found in the archive. And there's a version by @Konashion.

The hairstyle shown in your mockup screenshot doesn't match any of these.
Weeeeeell... The thing is, that is just a montage I made in Microsoft Office, I made it only for conceptual purpose, I wasn't using any in-game stuff, but I think you get the idea from there. Also, I checked Voltlight's Hairstyle and compared it with Konashion's, and I've concluded that I like Konashion's better than Voltlight's for some reason, I think it's more accurate

Hairstyles can be created in Inkscape, GIMP, Paint.NET, etc.
Loader mods can be written in notepad and compiled with the Lightweight Mod Compiler.
Very fancy Loader mods may require Adobe Animate (formerly known as Flash Professional). Vanilla SWF imports also require it ... although there's a workaround if you're technically proficient.
Dialogues can be written in notepad, but you'll probably want a more feature-rich editor (and you should also avail yourself of the Dialogue Checker).
Wow thanks! I will check the tutorials and software out later, soon I'll probably start working, my agenda is a fucking mess, I should make an ACTUAL agenda to organize myself and start working on something, because I already have some ideas. The thing is, I have no mouse for my laptop and I think I'm showing symptons of the Chikungunya fever, don't know if you heard about that thing but is some serious shit. All of this aside, I would love to contribute with something to the community, and I hope I can get through this obstacles, because I'd be happy to pay you and undertow back... Eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.