Low fps? (1 Viewer)

Alpharius

Potential Patron
I've got a relatively nice system, and yet I seem to kind of get crappy framerates on SDT.

GTX 670 graphics card
q6600 intel cpu (stable overclock 3.2 ghz)
4 gigs of ram

I seriously doubt it's a hardware issue, figure maybe it was a software setting issue or something. I usually have to keep it on mid quality, and have to drop it to low for full body imports like the recent Tali Zorah.

Any suggestions?

Calla

Content Creator
The CPU is the most important factor.

If you're playing in your browser the game will be resized to the browser's window size. If I'm not mistaken, the game's native resolution is 700x600. Enlarging the window will cause additional strain in the processor, decreasing it will improve performance.

I recommend you use the standalone flash player instead of a web browser. It will always open a flash file in its original resolution.

and have to drop it to low for full body imports like the recent Tali Zorah.
Does this happen with a lot of body imports? I do tend to exaggerate a bit on some effects in my mods that can be quite heavy on the processor. The game is always slow for me when testing heavy mods in medium quality or above, but my processor is 5 years old... I think a Q6600 is too, isn't it? Would be interesting to hear how people are running full body mods with more recent processors.

I didn't try it myself, but maybe <a href="http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=2498.0">this</a> could help?

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Calla said:
The CPU is the most important factor.

If you're playing in your browser the game will be resized to the browser's window size. If I'm not mistaken, the game's native resolution is 700x600. Enlarging the window will cause additional strain in the processor, decreasing it will improve performance.

I recommend you use the standalone flash player instead of a web browser. It will always open a flash file in its original resolution.

and have to drop it to low for full body imports like the recent Tali Zorah.
Does this happen with a lot of body imports? I do tend to exaggerate a bit on some effects in my mods that can be quite heavy on the processor. The game is always slow for me when testing heavy mods in medium quality or above, but my processor is 5 years old... I think a Q6600 is too, isn't it? Would be interesting to hear how people are running full body mods with more recent processors.

I didn't try it myself, but maybe <a href="http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=2498.0">this</a> could help?
the few times I've tested content it has worked fine on my computer on high. I've done 1 window fullscreen and I've done like 6 windows cascaded, works pretty well, and I believe my computer is over a year old now.

mike

Casual Client
Calla said:

I can confirm that even on a core i5 2500k your mods are really heavy on high quality.

Calla

Content Creator
Mike said:
Calla said:

I can confirm that even on a core i5 2500k your mods are really heavy on high quality.

Thanks, Mike. I think high quality is a bit overkill for mods that includes a lot of stuff though. If I can run them on medium quality at a decent speed, without increasing the window's size , that's enough for me. But if more people were willing to comment about that at the time I released the mods, I could take a look at them and try to improve the performance (I'm sure the gradients are the main culprit here, I kind of overuse them).

Alpharius

Potential Patron
I am using the standalone flash projector, I should've mentioned. On my cpu's resource monitor during the low fps periods it only shows it using about 60%.

I tried that 64-bit waterfox and didn't see any improvement.

And yes your Miranda Lawson loader import is another one I have low FPS with.

Don't be discouraged though. They're worth knocking the quality setting down a peg or two. ;D

Calla

Content Creator
On my cpu's resource monitor during the low fps periods it only shows it using about 60%.
Same here. I wonder if there's a way to force it to go above that.

And yes your Miranda Lawson loader import is another one I have low FPS with.
I always wanted to make a revision to that mod, it's slow on my PC even on LOW. Like I said, my processor is 5 years old, I thought most people were running it fine (seeing no comments about that).

Cybuster

Potential Patron
I'm running on 1.8GHz amd athlon dual core notebook pc with 2gb ram
It also uses only 60% of cpu and my fps are:
Good quality: around 9-10 fps and very slow
Medium: 10-15 fps
Low: 10-25 fps

I'm running it with newest adobe flash player. Only on low and low or it's native resolution works normal. But very bad quality compared to medium and high.
I read on internet what could make flash run slow. They say problem is not in flash player but in scripting, maybe I have a slow pc, but I don't think something like this would lag so much. Anyway some bad scripting or big images, too much texture detail or something makes it run slow. If there was at least a way to make an alternative in which this game would look nice and run with normal constant fps, it would mean a lot imo.

I'd like to know how to change resolution of all body templates to lower, maybe it will do the trick, or to convert it to jpg which is low quality small file and faster to load.

Alpharius

Potential Patron
Just upgrade my computer to a solid state drive, gtx 670, intel i5-3570K and 16 gigs of ram and it's still just as choppy :(

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Alpharius said:
Just upgrade my computer to a solid state drive, gtx 670, intel i5-3570K and 16 gigs of ram and it's still just as choppy :(
I gots an i7, no ssd, and 1GB graphics card. it only gets choppy if I let it run on auto for like a half hour.

Alpharius

Potential Patron
Yeah, that's what makes me think it must be a setting or software somewhere. I use the files you yourself post for download.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.