Loader Dialogue Making help (1 Viewer)

hey_there

Potential Patron
Edit: 30/12/2014
- I've fixed the Dialogue using Pim_gd's DialogueChecker and attatched it as "FixedCharacterChangeTest", so am able to switch between both characters and all lines are working good. Now, I'm just wondering if this is the best way to switch between characters in a Dialogue with multiple variables and positions, and if not is there a better way? I've noticed in some of WeeWillie's Dialogues he uses a different dialogue all-together for different characters. Is this a better way of doing things for what I'm trying to do? And if so, how specifically is it done? I tried looking over the Dialogues but couldn't figure it out, so if anyone reading this knows how (and if it would be better bug wise for me to use it), please let me know.

Hey guys and gals,

I'm looking for some help and advice with making Dialogues in the Loader. Specifically, I'm trying to make a dialogue that allows you to swap between different Characters. I've tried a basic test to this, but haven't gotten it to work right (I've attached my test to this post). If any of you have any advice or help regarding this it's much appreciated!

So, basically, in the test I can get it to change to the first Character "Arya" (button1) but can't get it changed to "Luna" (button2) from either the starting Character "Bianca" or once it has changed to "Arya".

Is there a better way to do this? If so, how?
Also, what have I done wrong that it's not letting the change to "Luna".

I've looked up down and around everywhere in this dialogue but still can't find the solution so some help from someone who knows there way around Dialogues for the Loader would be really appreciated!

PS: The mods for the Loader (v5.39) are allalphasliderV3, animtoolsV12, moreclothingV3, SDTDialogueActionsv3.00, TemplateExtensionV3_sby, and vanillaarppatchV2 if that helps :)

Attachments

CharacterChangeTest.txt
6.2 KB · Views: 85

FixedCharacterChangeTest.txt
6.2 KB · Views: 94

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Use the DialogueChecker (see signature) to locate possible faults in your dialogue prior to asking for help.

Specifically, you seem to be lacking an initial_settings line, and the lick penis line is missing a double quote.

hey_there

Potential Patron
Pim_gd said:
Use the DialogueChecker (see signatures) to locate possible faults in your dialogue prior to asking for help.

Specifically, you seem to be lacking an initial_settings line, and the lick penis line is missing a double quote.

Ahh thanks Pim_gd! I didn't think I could use the DialogueChecker with this Dialogue "Test" because it wasn't a complete Dialogue. How wrong I was...

Pim_gd

Content Creator
An alternative way to do it is to store the character code in a variable name ("girl1", "girl2"), and then
[SETVAR_da.charcode.load_girl*girlNumber*]. This allows you to place the character code in one place in your dialogue.

hey_there

Potential Patron
Pim_gd said:
An alternative way to do it is to store the character code in a variable name ("girl1", "girl2"), and then
[SETVAR_da.charcode.load_girl*girlNumber*]. This allows you to place the character code in one place in your dialogue.

Thanks for the help Pim_gd! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.