Kozue from Aniyome Wa Ijippari (Lover in Law) (1 Viewer)

Osvaldo Remeras

Potential Patron
Hi, fellow SDTers! I would be eternally grateful to anyone who could make a hair mod for Kozue from Aniyome Wa Ijippari. Ain't she lovely?
Here are some reference pics:
Kozue_Takama.jpg
1469737820_350ea9034c68b787a05e747a73b108ee.jpg
lover-in-law-2.jpg
tumblr_n884srzqpd1sigtako1_1280.png

Thanks in advance!

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Please read the requesting rules ->Requesting Rules PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING A REQUEST and reference shot guide ->Reference Shot Guide.

The verbiage below is paraphrased from words originally written by stuntcock:

SDT supports three different types of hairstyle mods. Please state which one you want and why.
  • Static hairstyles can include highly detailed brushwork and shading. They also allow for very complex or fanciful shapes. PNG hairstyles can be created using freeware tools, so a static PNG request will usually be fulfilled more quickly than a SWF.
  • Dynamic hairstyles are more visually bland, and the hairstyle must be shaped in a somewhat realistic way. Animation of the hair strands may add enough "charm" to compensate for the simplified appearance ... but it might not.
  • It's silly to ask for "a static or dynamic hairstyle, I don't care, whatever's easier." A friendly and easygoing attitude is fine, but you'll get better results by being specific.
  • Take a few minutes to study the documentation (or compare a few examples), and decide which type would show the appeal of your character. It's best to express a preference because doing so demonstrates a respect for the craft and the people behind it.

Osvaldo Remeras

Potential Patron
Hi, fellow SDTers! I would be eternally grateful to anyone who could make a hair mod for Kozue from Aniyome Wa Ijippari (Lover in Law). A dynamic hair mod would be most appreciated. I inserted the best reference picture I could find.

CHUnjDi.png

Many, many thanks in advance :)

stuntcock

Content Creator
I inserted the best reference picture I could find.
That is indeed a much better reference image. Thank you for finding it.

In the future, I would encourage you to post your reference images offsite. There are various websites which specialize in hosting these files (such as Imgur and Imagebam). Undertow is a relatively small website and our file storage capacity is limited. We're happy to host content files (such as stories, RP logs, mods, texture replacements, etc) but reference images are less important to us.

Since you're posting the image offsite, filesize is a much smaller concern. You can therefore post full-size images. Cropping is usually unnecessary. In some cases it can reduce the quality of an image (through repeated JPG compression). It can sometimes remove content (such as the hairtips which were excluded from this image). It's best to post the complete image (and/or link to the original source). If a modder decides to work on the project then they'll crop your images to suit their own purposes.

A dynamic hair mod would be most appreciated.
This one may be tricky. The bangs and the ear-adjacent strands are simple enough, but I the hair intakes would be half-assed because I don't know how they ought to move. The rear hair is both long and thick, which limits our animation options. We can't allow it to sway freely because it would clip through the girl's shoulder.

I'm not willing to proceed with this project as-is. The current image is somewhat pixellated due to video compression, and I hate working with grainy source files while attempting to draw fine details.

You'll need to provide a vectorized version of this hairstyle, which will probably involve finding a high-definition copy of the show, taking one or more side-view screenshots, and then tracing the best screenshot into a vector drawing. If you can complete the first two steps then I can give you some guidance on how to trace, but I will nonetheless expect you to handle the tracing work.

If you're not willing to do that then that's ok -- it's not compulsory. You can leave the request as-is and wait for a Flash modder to take an interest in the project. Alternatively, you could change your request into a static hairstyle and then seek out an artist to work on it.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
I'm not willing to proceed with this project as-is. The current image is somewhat pixellated due to video compression, and I hate working with grainy source files while attempting to draw fine details.
I suggest that you try waifu2x (that has been shown by @Cheesefox) to enhance the resolution of the ref. It is really giving very good results (the online version seems to work better than the downloadable one, unless you dowload also CUDA). See some examples HERE.

Osvaldo Remeras

Potential Patron
When I have some time I'll get myself to try that!
By the way, I might as well end up preferring a static hair mod, as I'm having trouble saving characters with dynamic ones. Would that be easier?
I greatly appreciate you all taking time to give me advice, thanks a lot!

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
I might as well end up preferring a static hair mod, as I'm having trouble saving characters with dynamic ones.
Basically, it is the same thing.
Do you use Vanilla (i.e. SDT v.1.21.1b) or the Loader?
Anyway, you should read
Good luck.

By the way...
I greatly appreciate you all taking time to give me advice, thanks a lot!
...this is much appreciated (even if the thanks do NOT go to me).

[EDIT] here's an enhanced version of the latest ref:
IiEgHNG.png

Last edited:

Osvaldo Remeras

Potential Patron
SyntaxTerror said:
...this is much appreciated (even if the thanks do go to me).
Thanks go to you and stuntcock, of course :) (by the way, love your mods!)
I'm using the Loader right now, and fumbling around with a fair share of mods. Even managed to make Animtools work. Those three thread links were also a big help.
And thanks a lot (again!) for the enhanced reference pic. When I get a break from work I'll try to make the hair mod myself and, if it works, I'll post it here.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
i would also love to see this.
Please read the Requesting Rules:
If you support the request, just "like" the original post, do not bumb the thread if you do not have additional references.
In fact, an artist/modder that accepts to take this request is needed, not more references (the ones above are okay), but bumping the thread will lead nowhere but to upset the forum members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.