Is it possible to set default introResist? (1 Viewer)

cog

Potential Patron
I'd like to figure out a way to edit the intro resistance. It can't be done in the same way as throatResist in the CharCode file Save customized characters introResist setting

Is it possible to set the default intro resistance? Or will this have the same problems explained in the thread I just linked?

I basically just want a higher intro resistance for characters, without the need to manually set it each time.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Is it possible to set the default intro resistance? Or will this have the same problems explained in the thread I just linked?
Including it in the charcode (Code.txt) will be ignored, but you can set an introResist value in the Settings.txt file.

SDT\Settings.txt
Code:
;
;----Menu Settings--------------
;
introResistance=99
; When the game starts up, introResistance will be set to 99 (almost max)

SDT\Mods\Annie\Settings.txt
Code:
introResistance=33
; Whenever Annie is activated, intro resistance will be set to 33%

SDT\Mods\Bettie\Settings.txt
Code:
introResistance=50
; Whenever Bettie is activated, intro resistance will be set to 50%

SDT\Mods\Catherine\Settings.txt
Code:
introResistance=67
; Whenever Catherine is activated, intro resistance will be set to 67%

cog

Potential Patron
OK I tried setting the introResistance to 99 in Loader5.45\Settings.txt but it doesn't make any difference once in the game. The slider bar is still at 50 and no difference to resistance.

My menu settings is like this (having changed introResistance to 99):

Code:
;----Menu Settings--------------
;
;ballsVisible=1        //have some balls
dialogueChecked=1    ; or some dialogue
;throatBulgeAmount=1
;introResistance=99
;defaultStyle=default

cog

Potential Patron
It works when I do individual Settings.txt files in the character folders though. That's perfect. Thanks again for a solution!

stuntcock

Content Creator
OK I tried setting the introResistance to 99 in Loader5.45\Settings.txt but it doesn't make any difference once in the game. The slider bar is still at 50 and no difference to resistance.

;introResistance=99
If there's a semicolon at the beginning of a line in one of your configuration files, then that line is considered a "comment". It will be ignored by the game when reading the file, so you can use it for organizing your file into sections and including discussion. You can also temporarily disable a configuration line without actually deleting it (so that it's possible to re-enable it later on by removing the semicolon).

cog

Potential Patron
Ohhhh, ok cool! I've been using // to deactivate lines of code after noticing it's used as a way to place comments in config files.. It seems to work, but maybe I should change them to semicolons? Perhaps it could cause some issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.