how to create backgrounds (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ikertxo100
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

ikertxo100

Hi there!

I´m trying to find a tutorial about how to create backgrounds, taking any picture you like from internet.
I can´t find it, I have been looking for in backgrounds and tutorials subforums with no success.

Please can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot,

Mineur

Content Creator
Maybe I didnt quite understand the question, but you can simply save images as .png in 700x825 and open it as a background in SDT (I tend to use 700x600 though as I find it looking better outzoomed and in fullscreen for some reason)

Nigida

Potential Patron
There is not that much behind it that it would require a tutorial. I found a picture on this forum to get the perspective right. Use it as a reference. Image size should be 700x825.

Attachments

• Perspective Grid.jpg
    Perspective Grid.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 219

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Nigida said:
There is not that much behind it that it would require a tutorial. I found a picture on this forum to get the perspective right. Use it as a reference. Image size should be 700x825.

:o Nice ! Thanks.

EpicDT-Hunter

Potential Patron
With Adobe Photoshop CS6. Just search on Youtube. There are a lot of tutorials how to download and work with it.

Nigida

Potential Patron
EpicDT-Hunter said:
With Adobe Photoshop CS6. Just search on Youtube. There are a lot of tutorials how to download and work with it.

Well, creating backgrounds isn't that demanding that you have to use PS for it. Just about any image editor can do it with decent results.

EpicDT-Hunter

Potential Patron
Nigida said:
EpicDT-Hunter said:

Well, creating backgrounds isn't that demanding that you have to use PS for it. Just about any image editor can do it with decent results.

Yes of course. But if you want the best get the best. And Photoshop is the most popular programm so i recommended this. Maybe easier for him to find stuff. I see no problem in using Photoshop i do it by my self and im not a professional.

Huitznahua

Content Creator
EpicDT-Hunter said:
Nigida said:
EpicDT-Hunter said:

Yes of course. But if you want the best get the best. And Photoshop is the most popular programm so i recommended this. Maybe easier for him to find stuff. I see no problem in using Photoshop i do it by my self and im not a professional.

Let me duck duck go that for you !

Nigida

Potential Patron
EpicDT-Hunter said:
Nigida said:
EpicDT-Hunter said:

If he wants to do more complicated stuff than copy pasting images and cropping them into the right size that might be true. If not, the easier way might just be to use free software and not bother with cracking your way into popular commercial products. Didn't mean to say you shouldn't use PS.

EpicDT-Hunter

Potential Patron
Nigida said:
EpicDT-Hunter said:
Nigida said:
EpicDT-Hunter said:

If he wants to do more complicated stuff than copy pasting images and cropping them into the right size that might be true. If not, the easier way might just be to use free software and not bother with cracking your way into popular commercial products. Didn't mean to say you shouldn't use PS.

Nobody said anything about crack. I just said if he will search on youtube he will find. And its not that complicated belive me or not i just got Full Version of PS with 2 Clicks. What i want to say is ur right other programms then PS would be enough for making BG´s but I find it esier to get PS then search after other programms, besides i dont know any other programms then PS. And i experienced that the most freeware imitates are more difficult to work with, then the original. For example i worked with Microsoft Word a lot where u can see every important menu by 1 look. Then i switched to open office and could not find anything. The menus were not sorted and anything. PS is like a Sandbox i don´t needed any tutorial to start i just clickt on some menus i saw, regulated some switches and looked what happend with my picture. In 10 Minutes of learning by doing i gained a lot of experience. How to switch colors, kontrast and other simple stuff like that. Why not? If he get a taste of the programm an want to make more awesome BG´s for SDT, it would be a win for everyone. And i personaly think BG´s are sadly underratet on sdtmods.com at the momment...

Nigida

Potential Patron
EpicDT-Hunter said:
Nigida said:
EpicDT-Hunter said:
Nigida said:
EpicDT-Hunter said:

Nobody said anything about crack. I just said if he will search on youtube he will find. And its not that complicated belive me or not i just got Full Version of PS with 2 Clicks. What i want to say is ur right other programms then PS would be enough for making BG´s but I find it esier to get PS then search after other programms, besides i dont know any other programms then PS. And i experienced that the most freeware imitates are more difficult to work with, then the original. For example i worked with Microsoft Word a lot where u can see every important menu by 1 look. Then i switched to open office and could not find anything. The menus were not sorted and anything. PS is like a Sandbox i don´t needed any tutorial to start i just clickt on some menus i saw, regulated some switches and looked what happend with my picture. In 10 Minutes of learning by doing i gained a lot of experience. How to switch colors, kontrast and other simple stuff like that. Why not? If he get a taste of the programm an want to make more awesome BG´s for SDT, it would be a win for everyone. And i personaly think BG´s are sadly underratet on sdtmods.com at the momment...

Seems that we are very different in how and what we like to use in terms of software, I was very happy to get rid of Word and had no problems using Open Office. But that is fine, to each his own.

EpicDT-Hunter

Potential Patron
Nigida said:
EpicDT-Hunter said:
Nigida said:
EpicDT-Hunter said:
Nigida said:
EpicDT-Hunter said:

Seems that we are very different in how and what we like to use in terms of software, I was very happy to get rid of Word and had no problems using Open Office. But that is fine, to each his own.

Yap :D At least he can try both and decide himself what he likes more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.