[PC] Hounds of the Blade (1 Viewer)

Ryok

Potential Patron
Any chance someone can post a walkthrough to the various encounters?

Like I can get the first gang (obviously), the simulator+failed, the tunnels, flies and the other hunters at the dump, and the desert.. But I've seen stuff about a second encounter with the first gang, and maybe more? No idea how to get that stuff.. I enjoy the game, would love to be able to see all the available parts :(

ijama

Potential Patron
Any chance someone can post a walkthrough to the various encounters?

Like I can get the first gang (obviously), the simulator+failed, the tunnels, flies and the other hunters at the dump, and the desert.. But I've seen stuff about a second encounter with the first gang, and maybe more? No idea how to get that stuff.. I enjoy the game, would love to be able to see all the available parts :(

ulmf.org (its a forum) has a quick guide. Well, if you look through the posts you'll find what you need. BUT basically, i don't remember how to get the second encounter entirely, but i think its after you fight the Mendes gang (those two guys in the dojo) and then after you talk to them at the bar and all that. You unlock a new area at the slums and thats the second encounter. It also helps if you download a translation (literally download the translation copy and paste the folders, overwrite, done).

As for the newest translation, it didn't get up to the goblins, but everything else i think it has. Not sure if it has lizards

Ryok

Potential Patron
I didn't even know there was something at the Dojo..

I've tried to read the ulmf, bust most of their topics are huge, with loads of inaccurate stuff from previous version that you need to sift through :( But I'll try giving it a browse..

gardenvarietyshark

Potential Patron
Yep, now available. Had a quick go and the city now includes a roach-infested back alley. I'm not sure what the object is if any, but it seems to get triggered by a new NPC in the bar (BAR HOLE). Killing the roaches takes forever and they are quite keen to initiate H, especially in the second screen, even worse (faster) than the flies. There might be a move you have to learn á la the dump and flies to be more effective, but I was in a hurry so didn't visit the 'Hobo Master' yet. I seem to remember there being a dash strike that should work, now that I think about it...

The H animations are well done as usual, if rather vanilla, and there is at least one Game Over/Surrender for the roaches.

TKNY

Potential Patron
When it says Windows has stopped this from working and it doesn't seem to be firewall related. What's the problem?

gardenvarietyshark

Potential Patron
When it says Windows has stopped this from working and it doesn't seem to be firewall related. What's the problem?

It's just 'has stopped working', Windows doesn't stop anything per se.

That being said, it could be anything; hardware incompatibility, wrong drivers, antivirus intervening, bad path name or location, even OS incompatibility (W8 is still a bitch).

First thing to do is to create the simplest path possible, like C:\Game, and try to run it from there. This is very basic, but way too many people run games from the Desktop or other special locations, even goddamn Downloads or My Documents. Redownload the software while you are at it and do a fresh extract - NO OLD DATA allowed. If it's still a no go, it's time to see if your system is running something that would interfere - some antivirus products do not like a number of H games for whatever reason - and then disable those the best you can. Usual method is adding an exclusion for the game. If the game still won't run, update everything: OS, software, drivers, everything.

And whenever you ask for technical help, please do list your system information so people have at least some sort of clue what you're running on. If you're emulating Windows through Linux on a toaster built from smartphones, that's a factor.

abdal

Potential Patron
hey guys a new update after the roaches but it is diffrent due to us having to keep the old file and copy paste it into the game file i don't know what is diffrent though

gardenvarietyshark

Potential Patron
Haven't played the new one yet, but glossing over ULMF posts I think it's another Roach defeat scene with specific conditions: health low, inseminated, exit through start of the Roach stage.

Will confirm once I actually play.

Edit1: Yep, that's it. I did not test all permutations, but I did get it to trigger. Involves an alien humanoid and a fence. Get some Roach in you, get beaten to zero and crawl out (my go-to is to dash into enemies until I go down right next to level start, then get out ASAP). The Pregnant/Parasite state is not required (and the Roaches can't get it anyway, so far).

Last edited by a moderator:

Vorpal

Potential Patron
Anyone have an idea if this game is still being developed? I know it was supposedly abandoned once, but the developer picked it up again as I understand it.

Whatever the case it's an awesome game, that must have taken huge amounts of work just to get it to where it's at now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.