[PC] Hounds of the Blade (1 Viewer)

Seife

Potential Patron
Hello, i am having a very stupid and yet very pissy problem while running this game, after i unzip the file and run the .exe file, it pop up a window and say "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item", is there any way to fix this?? i searched a lot of thread, some people could run this game in window 8 but having a slight problem with the sound, and mine is win 8.1, but couldnt even run the game because of this fucking error that bothering, please help! D; i really wanna try this game!

Actually it's a simple fix took me a bit to find it on forums. All you need to do for windows 8 is right click on your Speakers and Headphones icon on the bottom right of your screen next to the time, go to playback devices and disable your Speakers and Headphones. That said obviously you won't get sound unless you attempt to enable it once you start the game though the quality is crap and you won't get every sound and from time to time in different areas it'll crash on you again. It's a major pain but still well worth it as I even managed to get through every available bit of the game.

Darksaber006

Potential Patron
You can only see it on the second encounter with them in the slums and it's random.
So just lay there and wait a couple of turns...

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
You can only see it on the second encounter with them in the slums and it's random.
So just lay there and wait a couple of turns...

Nah it is a bug in the code, there is some kind of secondary trigger, I got it on my first playthrough and when I load back into the back it does not trigger anymore.

When I start a new game I can get it to trigger sometimes, but only on the new game as long as I do not load back into that new game.

And as mentioned by Darksaber006 there seems to be a new update. Very excited to find out what's new!

Based on what people on another forum are saying (not going to say the forum name, don't know if it is against the rules so better safe than sorry :P)
It seems that the current new animations they have found so far are:
New purple guy boss in the slums area (same place you have the second cobolia encounter.
In the Orcs zone you can now encounter some type of boar enemy types as well. (seems you can trigger by exiting and re-entering the area similar to those fly insemination guys)

Darksaber006

Potential Patron
The boars in the Orc zone are from the previous updates.
They don't appear at random but only after you defeat Orgs (Orcs), then when you enter again there will be boars.
And yes, the new update brought us the purple guy in the slums.
Neat animations on the both monsters :D

tuckboy

Potential Patron
I can't find the patch to download. I don't want to download the full game, is there any link leading to the patch?
Also, can't access the second link. I think that .jp link is refusing access to my country.

gardenvarietyshark

Potential Patron
the newest update only brought the purple guy in the slums??
As for H content, that's about it (his loss scene is a prototype for multiple camera angles, and he's got a fair variety of animations, so I'm not too upset). Added dialogue and assets have been found by curious code explorers, but not all of it was implemented yet.

Depending on how much the author wants to accomplish in a single update, the next one might not be far off. He seems to be active again, at least for now.

Niea7

Potential Patron
Kinda lost. What am I suppose to do in the cockroach area? I think I've killed tens of thousands of them already

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
Kinda lost. What am I suppose to do in the cockroach area? I think I've killed tens of thousands of them already

The only point currently of the cockroach area is the h-animations it has (there are a few different ones there + a loss animation). You cannot currently "complete" the area. It seems normally there will be a 3rd area you can enter for a boss or something. But it is not yet there.

In addition, you can just enter the area and let the bugs bring you to the "injured" status and then leave it. You will now encounter the rapist and he will do what he does.

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
So there is a new update that came out in February. Don't know what new content there is, anyone know?

Darksaber006

Potential Patron
It just adds a couple more scenes after the purple raper.
If he defeated you, you get another scene of the other guy using the heroine, and if you repeat it a few times some 2 "kids" join the fun...
3-5 new scenes

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
It just adds a couple more scenes after the purple raper.
If he defeated you, you get another scene of the other guy using the heroine, and if you repeat it a few times some 2 "kids" join the fun...
3-5 new scenes
how do you get those additional scenes. I got the one of the other guy using the heroine but after that when I go into the slums there is no one anymore

*edit - nevermind found it you have to exit and reenter a few times

Darksaber006

Potential Patron
The game has been updated for anyone not knowing about this...
New area has been added with a new enemy called "Unknown"

How to get there:
After the Raper/"kids" scene go to the ship and try to enter it. After that scene go to the consulate and after that and the ship scene you'll get the access to the new area. Enemy is something similar to the Slaves from Half-Life series.

Enjoy... :D

S

sasnro

There's nothing to currently do besides lose at the new area to the "Unknown" enemies, right? Tried defeating a bunch of them, but nothing. Also noticed if you jump as high as you can at the wall boundary to the right you can go past it but can no longer have the camera track you, so it just seems to be incomplete for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.