Hearthstone: The Bitchwood (4 Viewers)

CostaBr33ze

Potential Patron
Same here. The update broke SpecialK for me. I deleted everything, re-downloaded SpecialK, renamed SpecialK32.dll to dxgi.dll, launched the game, got dxgi.ini, set graphics to high, closed the game, added the -force-d3d11 argument, launched the game again, and I'm now watching that spinning ring in the middle until the game crashes with error “HS:NT306:305:0” The Blizzard forum is no help. Lots of people complaining and no solutions offered :(

whoami

Vivacious Visitor
Welp at least im not the only one having this issue. I tried everything man, the weirdest part is if you change region to EU or Asia it works, been on NA it wont. And the game still works for NA if i just remove the dxgi.dll file from the folder. Sorry i can't be of much help mate.

TheLegion

Potential Patron
First UMod gets nuked and now this?

What a shame, I really hope someone can find a fix or at least a workaround.

Also, strange that it works on regions where you haven't played before but not on your main region.

Last edited:

thisnamenotused

Avid Affiliate
Same here. The update broke SpecialK for me. I deleted everything, re-downloaded SpecialK, renamed SpecialK32.dll to dxgi.dll, launched the game, got dxgi.ini, set graphics to high, closed the game, added the -force-d3d11 argument, launched the game again, and I'm now watching that spinning ring in the middle until the game crashes with error “HS:NT306:305:0” The Blizzard forum is no help. Lots of people complaining and no solutions offered :(
Have you tried using SpecialK but not have any images in the texture folder for it to replace? To see if hearthstone works with SpecialK when it is not actually trying to inject images.

whoami

Vivacious Visitor
Have you tried using SpecialK but not have any images in the texture folder for it to replace? To see if hearthstone works with SpecialK when it is not actually trying to inject images.
Already tried that, still doesn't work. hopefully it works again after this patch on Tuesday.

TheLegion

Potential Patron
Okay, so little update.

Apparently Hearthstone had its engine updated, which killed basically all the addons for HS.
So we aren't being targeted which is cool. But it does mean that some kind of workaround is going to have to be found.

thisnamenotused

Avid Affiliate
Already tried that, still doesn't work. hopefully it works again after this patch on Tuesday.

Tried looking around and does seem like a number of people get this error for various reasons. Doesn't seem like it is specific to SpecialK as people who use other 3rd party deck trackers also have the problem and it is fix by disabling those. If you haven't deleting the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Blizzard\Hearthstone folder is simple and harmless and helped a few people so worth trying that.

You can also try changing -force-d3d11 back to -force-d3d9 I have no idea if that will help at all I just notice no one else has suggested trying that. While most people have had to change to d3d11 when using specialK hearthstone has always worked with it for me regardless of if I use d3d9 or d3d11.

In fact for me removing the additional command line argument all together doesn't seem to negatively effect my ability to play hearthstone with specialK. Every time I change or remove it my screen resolution for windowed mode goes weird but easy to adjust that.

pearson

Avid Affiliate
i have no issues with my special k tho and i use -force-d3d11 which i find odd. if there is anything i can check to help just let me know

whoami

Vivacious Visitor
So does the game not launch or does it launch and then hang on the start menu?
it launches and you get stuck loading at this screen watchign the ring spin for awhile till it gives you the error screen. However, if you remove the dxgi.dll file the game works just fine as normal hearthstone, or if you swap regions, for me thats to EU or asia, it works with the mod.

Really weird issue, people on the official forums have been reporting similar issues since the patch last week so it might be something blizz messed with and will be fixed eventually.

whoami

Vivacious Visitor
Ok so I fixed the problem, at least for me. Despite Special k 10.2 not working at all, special k 0.9 does, or at least the dxgi.dll does. So go back to the Special K github, go back to page 10 of this forum if you forgot, and find the Special K - v 0.9.0 section. From there scroll to the bottom and download the SpecialK_0_9_8.7z Once you have that extract the Specialk32.dll file, rename it dxgi.dll, put it in the hearthstone directory, overwrite the old one and boot the game.

I tried it with the special k 0_9_0 version first, and it worked but there was a lot of connection issues in games, with 0_9_8 it was just as smooth as normal so if you run into issues you can try some of the other files.

heres just some screen grabs of what im talking about if it helps

1589861139319.png

1589861171008.png

TheLegion

Potential Patron
Ok so I fixed the problem, at least for me. Despite Special k 10.2 not working at all, special k 0.9 does, or at least the dxgi.dll does. So go back to the Special K github, go back to page 10 of this forum if you forgot, and find the Special K - v 0.9.0 section. From there scroll to the bottom and download the SpecialK_0_9_8.7z Once you have that extract the Specialk32.dll file, rename it dxgi.dll, put it in the hearthstone directory, overwrite the old one and boot the game.

I tried it with the special k 0_9_0 version first, and it worked but there was a lot of connection issues in games, with 0_9_8 it was just as smooth as normal so if you run into issues you can try some of the other files.

heres just some screen grabs of what im talking about if it helps

View attachment 105914

View attachment 105915

Damn, nice find.
It works a little jankily compared to the newer version but, beggers can't be choosers.

Pumbloom22

Casual Client
SO I'm back and I did the SpecialK "fix" but not all the textures have been injected that I had in 10.2 and I can no longer get texture dumps. :/. I can play the game fine and most of the injected textures work, but I miss being able to snag a texture on the fly and look up a replacement. And is it just my settings or did the resolution take a hit?

TheLegion

Potential Patron
SO I'm back and I did the SpecialK "fix" but not all the textures have been injected that I had in 10.2 and I can no longer get texture dumps. :/. I can play the game fine and most of the injected textures work, but I miss being able to snag a texture on the fly and look up a replacement. And is it just my settings or did the resolution take a hit?

The resolution took a hit, you have to resize the window. I dumped some textures yesterday.

TNet

Modder
Here's my current snapshot, including some resizes and other nudestone/modered artworks.

(edit 0523) and some more.

(200704) moved to latest snapshot.

Last edited:

TNet

Modder
Let me share my current snapshot. Because of the file size issue, I decided to divide the file into two, standard or wild.

(edit 200606) and adding 20 more files.

(200704) moved to latest snapshot.

Last edited:

pearson

Avid Affiliate
I am trying to get lvl 2 and 3 rogue galakrond can someone please get me their dds numbers please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.