Hannah Minx, AKA Minxy (updated) - Dynamic (1 Viewer)

funfriend

Content Creator
UPDATED July 10, 2011

I took the hair import by E! and made it into a dynamic (flexible) hair.

I hope others start making more dynamic hairs; it's pretty fun (took me about 8 hours to make this, and I didn't know photoshop, illustrator or flash before). I know there's room for improvement - any comments welcome.

Attachments

• minxy-72.png
    minxy-72.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 7,459
minxy-72.swf
18.4 KB · Views: 41,058

minxy-72-CS5.fla
477 KB · Views: 1,869

kuroryuu

Potential Patron
Re: Hannah Minx (AKA Minxy) swf import with dynamic hair

Fabulous! It is very well done, and new dynamic imports are always welcome here :)

funfriend

Content Creator

kuroryuu said:
Fabulous! It is very well done, and new dynamic imports are always welcome here :)

hey thanks! I also have to give credit to E! for making a hair import worth "dynamicising".

Of course it would be even better to start with a hair in vector graphic format. If people post some good vector hairs, others might be inspired to turn them into dynamic swf's.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate

Good job, hope to see more of this, even if it's just taking old imports and making them dynamic.

Hakkesshu

Potential Patron

BTW, are you able to get more than four hair sections to work for each dynamic hair?

funfriend

Content Creator

Hakkesshu said:
BTW, are you able to get more than four hair sections to work for each dynamic hair?

I just whipped one up to test; this one has seven sections (symbols). It seems to work fine (no ball joints obviously). Are you having problems with more than four hair sections?

Attachments

hair-sections-01.swf
5.2 KB · Views: 39,661

rufferto

Vivacious Visitor

Nice job, it´s cool to see old imports getting dynamized.

Hakkesshu, I´m also having problems with more than four hair sections, but strangely enough it didn´t show up right away. I have an import with 5 sections, I worked on it for a while and tested it multiple times in the game and it worked, then all of a sudden one piece stretches to twice it´s length.
idk, sometimes Flash just doesn´t behave like it should. :-\

funfriend

Content Creator

rufferto said:
I have an import with 5 sections, I worked on it for a while and tested it multiple times in the game and it worked, then all of a sudden one piece stretches to twice it´s length.

This happened to me with my Yoko dynamic hair. I managed to get rid of that stretching by deleting lots of unused symbols, background layers, and tidying up the .fla in general.

Sayuma

Potential Patron

I saw this on 4chan before I saw it here, but SWFchan didn't catch it.

funfriend

Content Creator

UPDATED
- vectorized hair outlines
- cat ears are a click-able costume now
- added panties, pantyhose and shoes
- tweaked character code

I kept the hair "shine" as a bitmap, because I couldn't figure out how to do it convincingly as vector art. If anyone has ideas about how it could be done, let me know - that kind of hair shine would look good on lots of different hairs.

Fredrick2003

Potential Patron
Only 8 hours to make this?

That's amazing I would think it would require a lot longer than that.

Course I also don't know how2computah very well so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.