Grouped Girl Menu - asking the audience for feedback before publishing it (1 Viewer)

Rudgar

Content Creator
Ahoy everybody!
With all the questions I asked in the forum and all the answers I got from all patiently explaining guys here, I feel the urgent need to give at least a little bit back to the community. I'm still far from what I have in mind as a final result, but in advance I can offer you a humble side product from what I'm working on.
The dialog bundle I have in mind shall be able to offer a list of more than just 10 girls that you can preview and pick with the buttons from DialogActions. So had to "implement" a possibility to group the girls you offer and switch / cycle through these groups before you pick one of the girls in the current group.
I packed the complete character folder containing the dialog file and some example girls.
Will be happy about any constructive feedback - thanks in advance!
Kind regards, Me

Edit: I just replaced the zip-file. The new zip-file contains a folder named "GGM" which expects to be unpacked into folder "Mods". Don't foget to adjust your CharacterFolders.txt.
Important: this dialogue needs DialogActions and MoreTrigger to work properly

Attachments

GGM.zip
3.6 MB · Views: 1,029

Last edited:

Slingerbult

Content Creator
I like the basic idea of using the full range of buttons to present a swappable main menu and sub menu all at once - good thinking! The buttons picking the actual girls do not seem to work however (under any menu option), but the "Suggest one" button actually does something. You also have a problem with a set of legs being displayed continously:

0U9tudD.png

tmb

Casual Client
The buttons picking the actual girls do not seem to work however (under any menu option), but the "Suggest one" button actually does something.
I have the actual girl not working bug just like Slingerbult Slingerbult (not the legs one, tho but I didn't try animtools positions).
Another bug: in order to get the hair and frozen dress to work, I had to replace "Mods/Dialogues/Tests/Menu/" in the Dialogue.txt file with whatever subpath I had from my loader foler (mine was "Projects/character/Test/GroupedGirlMenu/").

Rudgar

Content Creator
Thanks you for the feedback. Looks like I forgot some finishing work (e.g. picking an girl by name). Will fix that soon, but it could take some days for I start a new job on Monday, have to move to another town, buy a new car, have to get divorced (thank god), fuck a new girlfriend ... umm, no, FIND a new girl friend first ;) and so on, you know what I mean ... life's normal all-day insanity.
Don't hesitate to give more feedback in case you find any other issues. Thanks in advance!
Regards, Me

Rudgar

Content Creator
Okay, guys ...
I took a look and fixed of course the buttons that didn't work. They should do now. Beside this I "undressed" the frozen girls so that they're naked now - which means no hard coded path for the clothes any more.
BUT ... still hard coded path for some hair. So added an instruction to place the folder for this dialog in the folder Mods. Later on, I'll recommend the use of moreclothes and will add it to the bundle.

Now for the legs ... "Computers don't do what you want. They do what you (or someone else) program." Sometimes I really hate my job ...

Long story short: aye, when loading certain animtools positions, there will appear her legs .... and they won't disappear again. In some cases same goes for his arms, too. What I found out is that it depends on the loaded position. But I have to confess that I have not the faintest clue how to get rid of both, her legs and his arms.
So I have to ask more experienced people: any suggestions? thanks in advance!
Kind regrds, me

sby

Content Creator
Coder
a little input here, just skimmed this and saw the screenshot

animtools has a feature where it changes the layering of her leg. i think it is like himbetweenherlegs or something as a position setting.
i am not sure what you are using to hide her, but it is probably not hiding her leg because of this.

edit - pretty sure it is 'behindleg' position option

Last edited:

Rudgar

Content Creator
edit - pretty sure it is 'behindleg' position option
confirmed: it is actually the "behindleg" option that keeps her legs visible. But what can I do in my dialogue to hide it though? To make her invisible, I use "[HIDE_HER][HIDE_HAIR]" - is there anything else I can do to make her legs invisible? Maybe even change this animtools settings?

Last edited:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
the proper solution would be to review the code for related stuff from animtools and moretriggers between DrZombi DrZombi and myself to see if there is an easy solution from either side.
the workaround would be to load a partial animtools position with the setting behindleg=0 before trying to hide her. however, i am thinking there will be some timing issues with this as animtools will eventually get around to performing the position loading, and the other commands in the dialog could be played before it is done.

this is the trouble with loading positions and dialog order, as the computer has to go off and get the position file in some amount of time.
one solution to this could be i could have animtools literally pause the dialog until it is finished loading the position, however that could be stepping into dialog actions territory. this could however fix a bunch of bugs with dialogs that seem to happen randomly. @Pim_gd for tagging relevance

Rudgar

Content Creator
Ahoy, sby sby !
the proper solution would be to review the code for related stuff from animtools and moretriggers between DrZombi DrZombi and myself to see if there is an easy solution from either side.
OMG, I can hardy believe it: I'm working with true egoless professionals? :eek: This would confirm my theory that you find the best people when dealing with the worst things.:cool:
Seriously: it feels so good to read someone just talking about the subject's problem - and not about how I could even dare to mention a problem at all. Just my two (happy) pennies ... let's return to business

the workaround would be to load a partial animtools position with the setting behindleg=0 before trying to hide her. however, i am thinking there will be some timing issues with this as animtools will eventually get around to performing the position loading, and the other commands in the dialog could be played before it is done.
This is exactly the idea I had when trying to find some sleep last night! And in my particular case it should even work just fine for I'd have to use it only in situation when there is enough other stuff to do so the computer has its time to load the partial position ... i think so at least.

this is the trouble with loading positions and dialog order, as the computer has to go off and get the position file in some amount of time.
I know what you're talking about - I'm used "a bit" to event driven programming and multi threading *sigh*

one solution to this could be i could have animtools literally pause the dialog until it is finished loading the position, however that could be stepping into dialog actions territory. this could however fix a bunch of bugs with dialogs that seem to happen randomly.
Oh wow, that sounds ... encouraged at least. But somehow ... in particular when reading the very last sentence ... a walk through the minefield could be the cure sometimes. Don't you think you should give it a chance? I do, honestly ... let me know if I can support you in any way.

Regards, Me

DrZombi

Content Creator

Hi Guys !

From the MoreTriggers Side, the Hide Her code is as follows:

Code:
private function hideHer(...args):void {
            her.visible = false;
            her.leftArmContainer.visible = false;
            her.rightArmContainer.visible = false;
            her.rightForeArmContainer.visible = false;
            her.backModContainer.visible = false;
        }

Pretty simple code :smile:

I've never seen that it does not work with the specific positions using the leg parameter but if sby sby 's Animtools does move the legs to a SDT defined layer, I can just add it to the code so that this specific layer disappears too (but we have to be careful that this layer does not contain something else than the girl !).

If this is a specific layer, yes, we'll need to discuss together how it is possible to make them compatible. I'm open :smile:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Hi Guys !

From the MoreTriggers Side, the Hide Her code is as follows:

Code:
            her.visible = false;
        }

Pretty simple code :smile:

I've never seen that it does not work with the specific positions using the leg parameter but if sby sby 's Animtools does move the legs to a SDT defined layer, I can just add it to the code so that this specific layer disappears too (but we have to be careful that this layer does not contain something else than the girl !).

If this is a specific layer, yes, we'll need to discuss together how it is possible to make them compatible. I'm open :smile:
hmm, looks like i add it to the scene layer xD
anyway, here is a possible solution:

Code:
            her.visible = false;

her.leftLegContainer.visible = false;
        }
if that doesn't work then we can start looking to grab references from animtools.

"Don't you think you should give it a chance? I do, honestly ... let me know if I can support you in any way."
i already have 'shady DA injection', we'll see if we can do even more shady stuff xD

DrZombi

Content Creator
hmm, looks like i add it to the scene layer xD
anyway, here is a possible solution:

Code:
            her.visible = false;

her.leftLegContainer.visible = false;
        }
if that doesn't work then we can start looking to grab references from animtools.

I've added the proposed her.leftLegContainer.visible = false; but I don't have time to test it right now.

I attach a test version to this post, just tell me if this is OK both in normal mode and with the animtools leg tweak.

Attachments

MoreTriggersv2.21.mod
34.3 KB · Views: 237

Rudgar

Content Creator
Ahoy!
I've added the proposed her.leftLegContainer.visible = false; but I don't have time to test it right now.
I attach a test version to this post, just tell me if this is OK both in normal mode and with the animtools leg tweak.
I just tested it - works fine here, legs disappear ... both. :cool:
Thank you!
Regards, Me

DrZombi

Content Creator
Ahoy!I just tested it - works fine here, legs disappear ... both. :cool:
Thank you!
Regards, Me

If I could abuse of your time... Could you please test & confirm if it also does not conflict with anything else with normal positions ?

DrZombi

Content Creator
Sure, but ... ummm, not sure what you mean now ... :wat:

I'd just like to be sure that solving your problem with some particular animtools positions did not break the trigger by adding unwanted effects to standard animtools positions. Just to be sure if I can safely leave this line in the code :smile:

Rudgar

Content Creator
I tested meanwhile several other positions and encountered no problems at all yet.
But I must admit that I didn't find time to setup a true test plan/strategy and work it through

DrZombi

Content Creator
I tested meanwhile several other positions and encountered no problems at all yet.
But I must admit that I didn't find time to setup a true test plan/strategy and work it through

I did not ask for a complete test plan with reporting :wink:
I just had no time at the moment so if you tell me that you've tried to use the trigger with positions that do not use the special behindleg option and it worked. That's enough for me, thanks again :smile:

Rudgar

Content Creator
I[...]
I just had no time at the moment so if you tell me that you've tried to use the trigger with positions that do not use the special behindleg option and it worked. That's enough for me, thanks again :smile:
Yes, definitely confirmed. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.