[PC] Ghost Town Gun Sweeper (1 Viewer)

Silverid

Potential Patron
It's a japanese RPG from RPG Maker VX, where you play as a team that works with ghosts. It's in japanese, so I'm relying on AGTH + TA to play the game and I don't know of any translations, but if you want it, you can test it: http://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ096515.html
There's a demo in the yellow button, right behind the screenshots. I would love if someone cared to share a full version of this one.

Have fun. :D

gardenvarietyshark

Potential Patron
This is a fun, quality game, thanks for posting it.

I just wish it wasn't Monday so I could read up on it more. Had a quick go with trial and error, as the mechanics aren't too hard, can't wait to have time to actually play it in-depth.

You need the VX RTP to play: RPGÆ’cÆ’NÂ[Æ’"¹VX RTP / Æ’tÆ’@Æ’~'Ê.com-³-¿ƒQÂ[ƒ€ (use Applocale to install)
This game works well with Chiitrans, but you can launch it without any region changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Shadowknight502

Would anyone happen to know where to go after you defeat that guy in the supermarket? I followed the road into another section of the town but there doesn't appear to be anything there. There's a road up to the north of it that takes me onto a rainy path of sorts, but it makes me turn around after taking like three steps.

Silverid

Potential Patron
Would anyone happen to know where to go after you defeat that guy in the supermarket? I followed the road into another section of the town but there doesn't appear to be anything there. There's a road up to the north of it that takes me onto a rainy path of sorts, but it makes me turn around after taking like three steps.
Yeah, I'm kinda stuck in that part too. I know it's possible to go to a house in the first zone, where you can shoot a box with the shotgun and reveal a hidden room with a key inside. But I have no idea where I should use the key.

M

Mightypatapon

So I guess I'm stuck at about the same part you guys are. Happened across this site looking for a solution so I figured I'd chime in and at least add that the area just north of the supermarket has a house seemingly with no doors just on your right as you come in. If you try to enter from the northern side, however, you will find an entrance to a house with a chest. I can't read Japanese either so the only thing I could gather examining the chest was that you needed "3" of something. After finding the key (thanks to your assistance Silverid) I noticed that in all of the houses when I encounter a mob, during the dialogue a picture of the key will pop up. So far none have dropped additional keys or anything. Hope some of this helps.

S

Shadowknight502

For some reason, after fighting that guy in the market all of the other enemies appear to have gone on vacation. No matter where I go, I cannot find even a single one to fight. What adds to the frustration is that I'm on low on ammo and health respectively and though I am lead to believe that I have money, I can find no means of resupplying. This game has a great deal of promise but at this rate, I'll be stopping before long.

S

Shadowknight502

I meant after the entire battle with him is over. After, you've bested him twice is where we are stuck.

Silverid

Potential Patron
I meant after the entire battle with him is over. After, you've bested him twice is where we are stuck.
Exactly. If I got it right you have to search for the spirit of the guy who killed the girl at the supermarket, who's supposedly in the residential area north of the SuperMarket. But I killed every mob in the houses and noone were the killer, although all of them triggered some kind of conversation about the killer. Also, the chest in the "doorless" house is triggered by a password but it seems you have to find the password ingame first in order to open it.

gardenvarietyshark

Potential Patron
You're on the right track, finding the murderer is the next "plot step". I'm not going to spoil where he is, but the trunk/chest is relevant - you need to find both a key and a password for it. The key just takes relentless searching á la Wolfenstein 3D, and the password is a mini-quest. You can start the mini-quest in the right side residential area's hotel (the one with the small sign).

If you're playing the game without a translation tool, stop now and pick up Chiitrans or whatever you like. It's much easier when you can get even snippets of information - the group discusses things (you can talk to them to see what is going on) and they even question some ghosts.

I just beat the murderer and now have to put the game down again. Hate not having time to play during the week. :P

TKNY

Potential Patron
i just walked pass the first map and entered both buildings and killed everything but I can't seem to proceed out of the second map.

anyone kind to enlighten me?

Anyone mind teaching me how to use Chiitrans? doesn't seem to work for me ><

---------- Post added at 03:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

If I start Chiitran normally, its say Translation-Forbidden: You don't have permission to access translation-system

If I start it with administrative the program just hangs

gardenvarietyshark

Potential Patron
Awww, where's the fun in using a walkthrough! ;) (at least it will help people who are really desperate, but games of this caliber are really just about persistent searching and understanding the basic mechanics)

If you're having trouble with Chiitrans, you might not have the latest version (the old one bugs out with some translation providers) or lack .NET Framework 4.0. Check for new version at chiitrans2 - chiittans 2 - Google Project Hosting ("Chiitrans2"), google for .NET Framework. Chiitrans is perhaps the most versatile, stable and straightforward translation and region-setting tool I have used.

All I had to do to get mine working was install the .NET pack(s) and select the translation provider(s) after extracting. Do not extract into system-made (or otherwise restricted) directories like Program Files just to be safe. Try selecting Google as your only provider if you're troubleshooting.

PS. If you're stuck at the start already, you didn't search the buildings well enough. You just need to come across key items by searching, the actual backtracking and quests start after you split up and reunite the team. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.