Free Flash editor that can use SDT mod templates? (1 Viewer)

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Everything is in the title...

Can someone — that is already using one — tell me the name of a free/open source Flash editor that I could use to make SDT mods using Konashion or other templates?

Thank you!

ModGuy

Content Creator
A free template can be hacked together using FlashDevelop, some vector editor like Inkscape and SVG embedding.
This is more difficult to do, results in larger files and is difficult to tweak.

icepik

Potential Patron
I advise you to take "Adobe Flash Professional CS6". Especially since you have tutorials on the forum with this software. Otherwise for "decompile" you have this one:
http://www.free-decompiler.com/flash/

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
MG said:
A free template can be hacked together using FlashDevelop, some vector editor like Inkscape and SVG embedding.
This is more difficult to do, results in larger files and is difficult to tweak.
By this, you mean that FlashDevelop cannot edit vector images and that I would have to make them with Inkscape and then adding them?
Also that I would have to edit existing templates to make it work with this editor?

Sorry, but I am a complete noob in those Flash thingies, and even if I seem able to speak English fluently, I am completly lost when it comes to technical language... :-[

@icepik: I am looking for a free editor, I don't want to learn how to use Adobe program to use it only one month, neither I want to get a crack of it, nor having to work one month without eating to have enough money to buy a full version... :-\

Faceless

Content Creator
The long and short of it is that there is no comprehensive alternative IDE to Adobe Flash. There are programs for editing vector graphics, programs for animations, and programs for compiling ActionScript code, but the only program that does all three is Flash.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Faceless said:
The long and short of it is that there is no comprehensive alternative IDE to Adobe Flash. There are programs for editing vector graphics, programs for animations, and programs for compiling ActionScript code, but the only program that does all three is Flash.
Thank you for the accurate answer. :)
I think that I'll first try to learn a little more about ActionScript and vector images before trying to use Adobe Flash. I don't want to waste the free trial month...

sby

Content Creator
Coder
there are ways to get around the flash trial stuff, if you look around for it
(on the internet, not here xD )

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
sby said:
there are ways to get around the flash trial stuff, if you look around for it
(on the internet, not here xD )
Naughty boy, don't try to tempt me! ::)
You deserve a hard smite for saying this! You're lucky I don't have one left today...

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.