Fist of the North Star - Ken's Rage (XBox 360, PS3) (1 Viewer)

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
I bought the game for the PS3, it's pretty much like the old Dynasty Warriors if you've ever played those. It's made by Koei, so you know what you're getting into. There's only one female playable character, but she's a doozy: Mamiya. Here she is in her regular costume:

mamiya_still_fullshot.jpg

She also has a DLC costume that you can buy online for $5, it's a bit less revealing:

238fe7cd.jpg

Until, that is, you take "battle damage" and your clothing comes apart. Both costumes get damaged in stages. Here's the final stage for the DLC costume:

mamiyidlcbreak.jpg

For ryona, this game is pretty decent. The enemies send you flying with their hits, and the big boss characters have a number of holds: body slams, stomach-punching, and pick-up-and-squeeze to name a few. The voicework is good, but I wish when you were defeated your player stayed down...instead, Mamiya struggles to her knees and "game over" comes up.

Mamiya is definitely the best female character model Koei has created for one of their games, way better than the original manga's look. And the game is actually pretty fun, for a repetitive beat-'em-up. I've found myself playing with all the other characters (there are a LOT of them) instead of just playing for the ryona. I'll leave you with a quick cutscene video of when you defeat Mamiya with another character that I found on YouTube:

And another of her crawling in her damaged regular costume:

Last edited by a moderator:

pirajacinto

Ryonani Teamster
Heh. I've been waiting to get this game until the price goes down. For me, my main focus when it comes to the DW games is more the gameplay and how many characters are in now, because I've been such a long time fan now that I can't see myself using that much money on the series anymore. In fact, Strikeforce has been the first time I've ever skipped a Warriors series. But I am majorly looking forward to Gundam 3, which you will not find much of any ryona in it unless you can image the girls inside the robots as it's exploding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.