Favorite KO/death sound? (1 Viewer)

Zenith72

Vivacious Visitor
I'm curious, do any of you guys happen to have a favorite KO/death/defeat/whatever moan or scream?

Mine would be Alisa's from Tekken 6, specifically the one where she moans and gags befare falling unconscious. It sounds so girlish and cute!

Post videos containing them if possible.

carl_fennin

Swell Supporter
I could have sworn we had a thread similar to this before. There is a good chance it was removed during the transfer a few years ago.

Do you want only one favorite or multiple favorites from other users? I don't really have one singular, absolute favorite, but there are quite a few that I like. I suppose for this thread, I'll only post one of them. For those who know me this is extremely predictable.

For me, it's Helena Harper's English voice choking sound from Resident Evil 6. The Rasklapanje, a monster within the game, has most of the choking sound portion played, but the Lepotitsa, another monster within the game, plays the whole portion of the audio. The only real difference is an added quick groan at the very end of it that plays during the Lepotitsa grab animation. Otherwise they're the exact same for the most part.

I just like it because it sounds sexy to me with the implication that something is being shoved down her throat (or face in the other case). Like a hentai tentacle going through the mouth, if you will.

If the video doesn't play at the correct timeline, just skip to 2:36.

[ リョナ ] Resident Evil 6 - Multilanguage Drowning and Choking Voices Ryona - YouTube

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
I'm curious, do any of you guys happen to have a favorite KO/death/defeat/whatever moan or scream?

Mine would be Alisa's from Tekken 6, specifically the one where she moans and gags befare falling unconscious. It sounds so girlish and cute!

Post videos containing them if possible.

Oh, wow, I'm late to this thread, but I didn't think I'd actually see someone link one of my videos directly like this. Glad that my video managed to demonstrate your point here about Alisa here. For me, I have a couple, like nearly any game and time Athena Asamiya from King of Fighters fame gets K.O'ed...
<- from games KOF '96 to XI
<- KOF XIII, 5:34 for her light attack/chip K.O. gasp, 23:02 for her standard K.O. yell(s)
<- Capcom vs. SNK 2
<- KOF XIV, 6:22 for her first K.O. yell, 7:47 for her final round K.O. yell. She also has a very cute light K.O. gasp as well at 20:10.

...or Sakura and Chun-Li (JPN voices) from the Street Fighter 4 series (in Sakura's case, also add her K.O. yell from SFxT. Chun may look sexier in SF5, but her K.O sounds just don't do it for me like they did in SF4, especially when defeated with a light attack).

https://youtu.be/6NtHixTIZg8?t=2m14s <- 2:14 is Sakura's SF4 K.O yell, 4:33 is her SFxT K.O yell (WARNING: second half of the video's has 'Scat' content')

...also Talim's from Soulcalibur IV...
https://youtu.be/m1svMJ-LrLg?t=23s

...and Lili's from every Tekken game she's in...
Tekken 6: Lili Double K.O. ryona (ダブルKO リョナ)
Tekken7 KO motion ryona part.7 lili < 鉄拳7 悶絶 仰け反り KO リョナ リリ >

...and also from Tekken, Xiaoyu & Miharu (though I prefer Xiao's from Tag 2/T7, her old KO voicing from 4-6 was still good. Sucks that the console version of TTT2 usually cuts it off during the replay... BUT... if you have a certain item on [the halo]... you can hear the whole thing.)
Tekken 6: Xiaoyu Double K.O. ryona (ダブルKO リョナ) - Default Outfits
Tekken7 KO motion ryona part.5 Ling Xiaoyu < 鉄拳7 悶絶仰け反りKO リョナ 凌 暁雨 リン シャオユウ >
Tekken tag2 Xiaoyu/Miharu Ryona [Humiliation Battle] <- Miharu's loud scream K.O. at 1:18 would be my favorite if the game would let you hear all of it; she lets out one of the loudest screams in the game... then has a very ragged gasp at the end of it. If I can find a better video I'll show it there. Then there's her labored gasps and gags for her second K.O. at 4:50...

Last edited:

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Audio is actually a huge part of ryona for me. While I can enjoy a nice, shrill scream, I generally prefer choking or gurgling sounds for my ryona. Similar to what Carl posted above with the Rasklapanje or Lepotitsa sounds from Resident Evil 6.

Another example would be some of the QTE deaths from WET. Love the different sounds Rubi makes during some of the death scenes in this video. In particular, the strangle death from 5:25-5:40, the throat slice from 8:10-8:23 and the other throat slice from 8:50-9:07.

Of course, with everyone and their mother bitching about QTEs I have a feeling we are going to be getting a lot less cinematic deaths like these in the coming years. Oh well.

o1dn1ck

Potential Patron
I still like comics with speech-balloons containing “Agh!” etc., combined with written-on sound-effects (Rat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat) and the right facial expressions and bucking, heaving body-attitudes—multiple, almost-simultaneous machine-gun killings always preferred.

I’m fussy, and there are plenty that I dislike: they must be wordless single sounds—no last speeches please! “Oh!” or “No!” etc are not favourites, for example; nor is the letter r as in Argh Urgh etc., but the following would be good (some are inventions of my own that I have never seen):

“Ah!”
“Ahh!”
“Aaah”
“Agh!”
“Aaagh!”
“Anh”
“Aanh!”
“Aahhnn”
“Uh!”
“Ugh”
“Uhh!”
“Unh!”
“Uhhnn!”

On live soundtracks, it’s the sound of the gunfire that I appreciate: never silencers! A single clattering, jolting, belt-fed Vickers machine-gun is ideal, every shot individually audible and sounding like a nearby clap of thunder, with enough echo to emphasise the malevolence of the bullet-spitting barrel—and especially, as the camera switches to the girls on the receiving end, a chorus of ricochets that almost drowns out the human cries. (Meanwhile, the torrent of spent bullet-cases spilling onto the ground in a growing heap is neatly juxtaposed with the spinning, dropping bodies piling up out on the battlefield—with the ever-fresh supply of sharp, shiny bullets in the belt, being carefully fed into the gun by the delicate hands of an earnest accomplice, answering to the fresh waves of soldierettes running on to the scene, taking the place of their comrades pathetically strewn about, quite at peace as the bullets fly above them and the vicious action continues. Yes, off-topic, sorry; got carried away…)

Update of previous: I’ve just come across some very fetching death-sighs uttered by some of the actresses in Olaf Winter’s Pontus Media production Tribal War 14: Barbarians! This presents a frontal attack with mass slaughter by arrows, so the sound at first seems a problem, since sound effects from the nearly-silent arrows will be subdued. However, everything possible is done to render the soundscape vivid. The vocals are everything, and a huge effort has gone into making them dramatic—the favourites I mentioned are a lovely blonde with ponytail, who goes down with a brief but delicious “Uh-unnh!” at 1'08" and a copper-redhead who utters a beguilingly brief “Oh-hh” at 1'35" as she sinks to the ground. They’re seen and heard again, multiple times—yet each time differently—as the Amazon army is here cleverly cloned to make up the numbers needed for an effective attack…successfully repulsed in a welter of kills! Bodies don’t just disappear, either, but accumulate convincingly, lying strewn around with much pathos as the fresh waves run in for more of the same—and afterwards too as the camera wanders and lingers, while the victorious defenders have their wicked way finishing off any last flicker of life in the bodypiles. Bravo, Herr Winter!

Last edited:

Pangcake22

Club Regular
Overwatch is a game I have been into the last year or so. With nearly half of the roster been female, there is bound to have some good death sound. Here are a few of my favorite ones.

D

Deleted member 31

I think Jaina’s Voice work is some of the best I’ve heard. It’s a very sexy voice and at times sounds so defeated you can’t help but feel bad lol.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
Fighters Club Online has some good death sounds, ranging from girlish squeals to hoarse tomboy voices. Apparently, the Japanese version's female death sound is performed by Shiori Izawa and it sounds pretty cute

Demoralized

Avid Affiliate
Fighters Club Online has some good death sounds, ranging from girlish squeals to hoarse tomboy voices. Apparently, the Japanese version's female death sound is performed by Shiori Izawa and it sounds pretty cute

Tomboyish voices are so underrated, same with deep and guttural muscular girls like Zarya from OW or the Barbarian from Diablo...

Ryonanon

Avid Affiliate
I think my favourites would be ones from MMOs, as they always have really nice death moans because the player characters aren't supposed to talk most of the time. Vindictus, WoW, Scarlet Blade, FFXIV, Blade and Soul, those kinds of games. In particular, TERA has a lot of nice death moans and they're nicely split into 3 parts because of the way the characters die in the game. There's the initial grunt from taking a large blow of damage, some slight moaning as the player character struggles to get back on their feet and a short groan as the player character falls to the ground, absolutely fantastic and probably my favourite death sounds

Recently Naraka: Bladepoint has caught my interest too because of all the different death sounds from each language

Xyphick

Potential Patron
Cortana's Halo Reach Firefight voice is definitely one of my favorites. Her voice actor put ALOT of effort into all the pain/death noises, it's actually quite impressive.

7:04-11:20 has all the pain/death/falling/etc voice lines.
Unfortunately, the video only plays sound through your left ear ...
However, one of the comments on the video also details how to extract the sound files yourself, so it's pretty nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.