Echidna Wars Mini (1 Viewer)

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster

Echidna Wars Mini
Asimofu (the creator of Fromage) has been working alongside Camel/D-gate to put together a nice little VORE action platformer game featuring Millia and Sachiho, Camel/D-gate's characters. You can switch between the two characters in the game and they each have abilities exclusive to them. Millia can double jump and fly for a short period of time as well as fire long range projectiles, though only two projectiles can be on screen at any given time, reducing her fire rate a bit. Sachiho can do a low slide to fit into tight spaces, much like Megaman. Unlike Millia, Sachiho can fire short range projectiles at a far more rapid pace. Though of course since they're short range that means she'll have to be a little closer to her target.

If your character is caught by an enemy you have a small window to mash on the controls and struggle free before they're eaten. If the character you're controlling is eaten you'll have to switch to a different character to free them. If you don't free them in time you'll be left with just one character until you either reach a checkpoint, die, or complete the stage

The current version that's out right now isn't complete and only features the level select screen with two available areas and only two enemy types, slimes and lamias. The first area is Sachiho's house. There isn't much to do in here as far as I can tell. The second area is where all the enemies are. You can also find a secret baby slug in this area if you know where to look. It's not very hard to find him honestly. There's a slug counter in the upper right corner when you're on the level select screen but what the slug actually does is still a mystery to me.

That's about it. It looks like the game will be subject to future updates so keep your eyes on his site.

Controls:
Arrow Keys - Movement
Z - Jump
X - Shoot
A - Open character select/status screen
R - If dead Return to last checkpoint

S - Pause
Q/W - Adjust game speed
1/2 - Change control type (This only really swaps the jump and shoot buttons with eachother)

If Millia - Press the jump button again while in the air to sprout wings. You can fly for a short period of time.
If Sachiho - Hold down and press the jump button to slide.
I should note that the checkpoint for Stage 1-1 has a slug holding a red balloon. Be sure to shoot the red balloon so the checkpoint registers.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. It isn't really a commercial game and since it's a browser game I don't know whether or not it really counts as downloadable.
If you're having trouble running the game try updating java and restarting your browser.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thundragon

Potential Patron
I got a problem. When i try to run the game from the page it doesn't load saying that there's an error and I tried downloading the .jar and running it from my pc and it still didn't work. Am I the only one with this issue?

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
I got a problem. When i try to run the game from the page it doesn't load saying that there's an error and I tried downloading the .jar and running it from my pc and it still didn't work. Am I the only one with this issue?

I ran into a somewhat similar problem. Try updating java.

Thundragon

Potential Patron
Oh i found out. I had an older version of Java (version 6). I just updated to version 7 from Java's webpage and now it works

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
UPDATE: 07/07/12
-New stage featuring a lot of platforming
-New Enemy: Flying Jellyfish
-New Character: TGO-03 - A cyborg girl. You will have to rescue her from the new stage before she's added to your party.

TGO-03 has two abilities that are useful for the platforming stage. First she can shoot her arms out, which will home into enemies. These are particularly useful against flying enemies like the jellyfish. The downside is that they have a short range and you can only fire two at a time (she only has two hands of course). Her second ability is a passive, super armor. When hit she isn't knocked back like the other two characters. This seems useful if you're on a small platform and don't want to fall off if hit by an enemy. Unfortunately it seems like you'll have to play through Stage 1-1 again even if you've beaten it before this update.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sotamias

Potential Patron
New items in the update:

- 1-Up Cat from Milia Wars makes an appearance as an E-tank. Find it in a hidden alcove in Stage 2.
- Power-up Sphere (Red), you can't miss it in Stage 2, these will increase a character's attack strength by one level.
- HP-Up Sphere (Blue), dropped by enemies, though I've only gotten them from Lamias. Increases max health by 10, don't know the max yet.

All character upgrades are lost if that specific character dies.

VoreQ

Ryonani Teamster
omg i love it! :-3
their animations are great!
only issue i'm having is the checkpoint does'nt work XD

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
omg i love it! :-3
their animations are great!
only issue i'm having is the checkpoint does'nt work XD

You have to shoot the red balloon that the slug is holding. If that's not working you might not have cookies enabled.

D

dummy

I'm a fan of Milia War, really like it. This one also is awesome. Thanks for the sharing, really! :D

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
UPDATE: 07/13/12
-New stage: 1-3
-New enemy: Worm - Can shoot projectiles in a spread pattern. If a character is incapacitated it will suck them towards itself, devouring them once they're close. Of course physically running into the worm will also likely result in your character getting devoured.
-New items: There probably are some. So far I've only seen flan, which seems to restore a decent amount of health. I haven't tested it fully so it migh have some other effects I'm not aware of.
-Stage 1-2 modified to be easier: According to D-gate this was part of the update. So far it looks like enemy placement has changed to make some platforming bits easier.

T

TheFetishBeast

When I try to run the game a message pops up saying something about Java.Lang exception or something. It started off with that I attempted to install Java 7 the other day but I failed to be able to properly use it. Today I tried to play this game but it said that I was apparently missing Java, like, as if I didn't have it at all. So I got rid of Java 7 and reinstalled Java 6 and now that Java.Lang exception error pops up. Anyone have any idea how I can fix this problem?

T

TheFetishBeast

It didn't work for me the first day I reinstalled Java 6 but the day after it worked just fine. Why Java 7 didn't work I have no idea. If you haven't waited that one day I recommend you do so first. If it still doesn't work then I've no idea what to do.

Hawker65

Potential Patron
Is there a downloadable version of this?

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

The game is stuck on the "NOW LOADING.." screen. I've updated Java but it might come from my browser (Chrome). Could anyone help me?

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Is there a downloadable version of this?

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

The game is stuck on the "NOW LOADING.." screen. I've updated Java but it might come from my browser (Chrome). Could anyone help me?

There's no legitimate downloadable version. You could try ripping the game from the page source.
As for your inability to play the game it runs just fine for me on Firefox. Maybe it's related to your browser? Not sure since I don't use Chrome. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.