Dead or Alive series (1 Viewer)

onlinehero

Casual Client
Dead or Alive 4 cheap tactics?

Admin note: This thread is for discussing Dead or Alive games.

You can share your thoughts about DOA games here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original message by onlinehero:
Hello hello,

I've been trying to unlock Helena in this game and I know that I should finish the game with every character to do so. Problem is of course, that DOA4 has one cheating bastard AI that makes finishing the game way too hard. I wondered if anyone knows some cheaps moves how to beat the game more easily? AI is just ridiculously cheap: when I hit it counters, if I block it throws me, if I throw it punches me, if I do nothing it does a 15-20 hit combo that takes 75% of my energy :(
Tried googling already, help would be apperiated. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

onlinehero

Casual Client
^ If only that was possible. I've managed to beat the game with couple of characters by furiously smashing buttons, but unfortunately it doesn't work with every character...

Mardion

Potential Patron
Well, how about not "furiously smashing buttons" and actually timing your attacks then? I don't think there is any hint that would be more helpful than you trying to understand the most basic aspects of this game's battle mechanics. If you set the options like I told you to and apply a rudimentary timing to your attacks (which should be easy but alternating, like P,P,P for starters then down+K,K then P,P,P,K etc etc etc) you should not need any advice to beat this game however many times you want.

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
I agreed with Mardion. Button mashing in DOA is suicide, thanks to its counter system. Try to learn some combo and avoid using same attack too much.
Learning to play better also has some benefits too. Like seeing your character kick her opponent's ass with cool move.

Rakkar

Potential Patron
Using counters in the game is worthless for people to use because of the way they work. Just get good at mixing up throws and punches/kicks

C

Callonia

I don't know combos, I generally just time my attack most of times and try to swing when they're vulnerable. But if you get to juggle them, mashing is all good and ok xD

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
The game was cheap to me, so I cheaped it back and downloaded a 100% save file. lol. FUCK YOUR SHIT, DOA4!!

pirajacinto

Ryonani Teamster
The problem with learning combos in DOA is that at any point your move can be countered, unless you do knock your opponent in the air first, which is what the computer tends to do first. It's not like in Blazblue or Guilty Gear where once you nail the first hit of your combo your free to finish it, as your moves can always be countered. If anything, learn to strike after your opponent does first, that's how I did it. But...I didn't beat arcade mode myself.

By the way, there's only Normal to Hardest in that game.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
I'm a fighting game freak so I managed to clear it (whilst not great at fighting games I know what I'm doing XD). I struggled with each character on the end boss though when it was that green kasumi thing. It usually took me about 10 tries with most characters.

Red_Scare

Potential Patron
Save for the last boss(On certain characters) I don't recall having to much of a problem with beating the game with all the characters. General advice, find some knockup juggles and become acquainted with the game's counter system.

Red_Scare

Potential Patron
<_< I just remind myself the last boss while overall more difficult, wasn't nearly as game breakingly cheap as the boss in DoA 3 was. If he felt like perfecting you, he'd just brrage you to death from afar from the get, nothing to be done about it... also having to fight him on an odd camera angle didn't help.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
I didn't mind the boss at all on DoA 3. From what I remember you just had to be pretty defensive and take your time and duck every time he went to do that silly blast thing. I think once you got a system down it wasn't awful, though two or three times he could just catch you with death when the mood hit him.

S

science2

I Havent played DOA4 in about a year but i got the game done with every character in 2 days or so. You have to bait the last AI boss alot if thats your problem. She counters everything, good player or not so you have to play cheap against the AI in fighters in general. Fighting games the AI know what you're going to press the instant you press it. MOST AI's in fighting games can't handle cross ups and mix ups.

Edit: MK9 Expert mode is extremely easy if you're use to crossing up people. You can use it on the AI and they can't do much to you. Try it on DOA4 though you can't jump over people on that game, just mix the computer up with confusing combos. Thats how i did it! Ayane all the way!!!

onlinehero

Casual Client
Does Raden or anyone else know more about 360 savegame modding? Does it require hacking xbox or something else that bans you from xbox live? And how does it work in practise? I really really would like to like to get all characters unlocked (well at least Helena) but apparently it's not possible with my gaming skills.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I don't, in fact any time I want to do anything with it I need the directions in front of me on my computer. However, I am sure these guys can answer any questions you have:

Home - GameTuts

I do know that if you use a game save that unlocks a bunch of online achievements at once, you might get socked for that. There's something you can do that locks those achievements again before you go online so that you don't get banned. I can find it but I have not tried it yet (I meant to do that a few weeks ago.)

onlinehero

Casual Client
OMG! It works! FUCK YOUR SHIT, DOA4!!

Here's the save game that I used for DOA4:

16822530.jpg

83957535.jpg

52029462.jpg

74737735.jpg

82528594.jpg

EDIT: Tutorial moved here http://www.undertow.club/tutorials/2940-modio-save-game-tutorial.html

Mardion

Potential Patron
^You might want to create a new thread about that in our Tutorials section as it looks to be pure gold :-)

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Oh yeah, this is a nice game. I actually like using Tina on the other girls. I like the wrestling, what can I say? Piledrivers, snapmares, body slams, and a figure four leglock and necklock.

Also, while I'm here I've never noticed before but apparently Helena's outfit there... the cut in the chest is heart shaped. Seriously, how the shit did I not notice this??! That's embarrassing. lol.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Bayman is a great choice, he's got this awesome backbreaker where you do a half circle on the pad/stick and press the grab button, and he does this gutwrench pickup and slams them across his knee. I love doing that one to Kasumi. Doubly so when she lets out one certain groan of pain (it's fairly hard to describe in text form. Closest I can think of is "OOF". Boy, if that were her only grunt, I'd be pretty happy with that...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.