Comparing Characters of Two Different Universes (1 Viewer)

Viridian

Potential Patron
Comic book lore.

Ultimate hulk: his power is his ability to adapt, hence his ever increasing strength as a result to physical injury, etc.

Put him in a atmosphere relative to that of Mars and guess what? His body adapted. Turned him into some gnarly monster looking thing, but he survived.

Underwater? Would grow gills and whatever else to survive.

That is hulk. Unstoppable.

Yang? Stoppable.

Yang =/= Hulk.

ULTIMATE Hulk!? As in from the ULTIMATE universe!?!?!? That universe sucks and was canned it was so terrible!

Does the Incredible Hulk may adapt to mars and adapt into a mutant creature? I dunno never read that one, and even if I had, i'm not writing a college thesis on everything the Hulk is, i'm making a general comparison between two similar power sets. My point being that High durability and escalating strength were the Hulk's primary selling points when I was reading comic books and what the general populace understood about him, and that's exactly what Yang does. She's got high durability thanks to her semblance, and she has escalating strength in direct correlation with how much damage she is taking... it may not be JUST strength either as in her fights she tends to start moving and attacking after going all super saiyan in ways her opponents generally seem incapable of fully defending so she might get faster and more agile as well but as the cannon has NOT said anything on this subject the only think we know for sure is that she get's stronger and hits harder. That isn't rumor, it isn't conjecture, it was STATED fact. Conjecturing that it might not be a result of a beating but her own temperment IS conjecture because it was NOT stated in the show.

This is exactly one of the things the OP was pointing out. When pitting characters from other universes against one another, there are unqualified inconsistencies between them that can leave one or the other character with severe disadvantages. FF has no answer to 'the hulk' because it DOESN'T NEED one, so it never invented one. You have to take each character from their source inception, deduce which elements of thier character are factual and which ones are fluff (Tifa being from a videogame takes her powers from her games and less from other material, Yang being from the show takes her abilities from the show and less from other material etc.) I AGREE that Tifa was gimped. She was gimped for no reason in my opinion because I don't think NOT being gimped would have saved her, I honestly think not gimping Tifa would have only COMPOUNDED the reason that she lost because hitting Yang harder will never win a fight.

Last edited:

Clausolas

Casual Client
*Sigh* really? I agree about it being dumb that they thought it necessary to gimp Tifa's abilities... from a series I've actually PLAYED while personally (read PERSONALLY) agreeing with the final product having also WATCHED RWBY, and it devolves into this sort of fanboy console war fluff? :/ Fine. Whatever. Here goes. Yang has won fights on her own. She won the fight in her trailer (which is evidenced as cannon several times in the show) she just won a fight in a tournament in a recent episode. She lost against an opponent who was pointedly NOT HITTING HER HARD and redirecting her attacks rather than all out attacking.
The trailer fight is an interesting one because Junior, Melanie, Miltia, or the goon squad were not much of a threat in the first place. It's canon, but they were pretty much cannon fodder anyways.

Neo threw her into a metal ceiling and she was almost unconscious after that. The only ways that Yang's Semblance wouldn't work in the fight against Neo are...
1. Yang didn't use her Semblance / Aura for some reason.
2. Neo can negate Semblances / Aura.
3. The rules of Yang's Semblance changed.

Either way, that fight really hurts Yang's durability argument because of how inconsistent it is vs Iron Paladin.

I find it interesting you bring up the tournament, because I addressed the Mercury Fight.

The four on four was a clear team effort. She did carry her weight, but it's not nearly enough to justify saying she's as strong as the Hulk. She didn't pull a Nora and ring out the entire opposing team on her own.

The two on two, Yang would've been defeated if Weiss didn't save her from getting trumpeted to unconsciousness. Yang was too focused on fighting Neon that she didn't notice Flynt readying an attack. Weiss tackles Flynt, gets burned for it. Yang gets angry and then sweeps the field.

Lastly, Yang vs Mercury. He threw the fight for the sake of going with the master plan created by Cinder.

Yang is like the Hulk, canonically! The Incredible Hulk get's stronger the more you beat on him. He isn't JUST indestructible like in the movie-verse. Yang's semblance, I.E. her singularly special superpower (like Phyrra's polarity powers being singular to her) is that she absorbs hits and that they make her stronger. Sans the Hulk.
Yes. She gets stronger with anger. I'm not arguing that. But is it to the same scale? She has never demonstrated any sort of destructive power on the scale of the Hulk. Her defensive capabilities are purely from her Aura. No aura, no extra defense. If the tournament fights are any indication (and let's assume Aura makes ridiculously durable), based on the Yang vs Mercury, she can take a few hits, but Tifa has demonstrated higher levels of strength before.

Yang has demonstrated moderately high durability twice. Versus Iron Paladin and the Food Fight.

She also speed hops around as quickly as I ever saw Tifa move in Advent Children (in a fight sequence I'd point out she LOST in, total BS as well, but when Square Enix itself seems hellbent on making Tifa the damsel in Distress you can hardly blaim the outlaying public oppinion)
I've never seen Yang move that fast unassisted (where Tifa borderline flash steps with just her own movements (while rusty)). She either uses her weapon recoil or someone's help. Tifa lost against Loz because she's rusty and out of practise. It's confirmed that only a few of the original FFVII team continued fighting.

I've never seen a single thing in Final Fantasy that made me think that these characters could take on the Hulk. Maybe Advent children Cloud and Sephiroth (though their powers ALSO rely on beating things until they stop moving which doesn't work on hulks) No one else, so that's why I don't believe Tifa has an answer to the RWBY equivalent of the Hulk. She would have had a much better match against literally ANY of the rest of the cast.
We're not talking about the Hulk. We're talking about Yang Xiao Long. Yang is not a giant green engine of destruction made of muscle. She is a hotheaded, inexperienced, and slightly immature excitement seeker.

LASTLY, I don't know which physics universe you're referencing, but ordinary humans do NOT fall from terminal velocity and get back up like nothing happened... EVER. They splat and die. A few people have had circumstances surrounding a terminal fall that either negated the impact or slowed their descent over the centuries such as a man who fell from an airplane and landed in a pile of hey, and that guy who fell from the World Trade Center and was slowed by the updraft, but universally if you are falling at terminal velocity and land on the ground you're dead or severely broken.
It's rare to fall at terminal velocity and survive. Which is why I mentioned that. Assuming that only exceptional humans can do so, that would put Yang purely in the "exceptional" human category. But factor in her Aura (which could have absorbed the entire hit), how strong is she without it? Her Aura doesn't demonstrate being able to survive something on the scale of a full onslaught of Tifa's Limit Breaks.

If the argument was "Does Yang have potential to be stronger than Tifa's best?". The answer is yes. Absolutely. Yang definitely could grow to be that strong. With current material (what DB used), no.

Last edited:

----------------

Avid Affiliate
Exactly. Yangs abilities may be similar in nature but not to the scale where a comparison to hulk would be anything short of extremely generous.

"knocking her unconscious before she can reach her final stage completely negates her Semblance, as seen in the same fight. Yang is also noted to be weak against kick-based styles, seen when she struggled against Neopolitan and Melanie Malachite."

Her semblance seemingly only enhances her strength (from what I have gathered) and is useless if knocked out. I think final heaven would do at bare minimum just that. So YES. Hitting harder would win the fight for Tifa.

Also to note, yang is easily frustrated when fighting skilled opponent who can evade her attacks, making her sloppy and predictable.

Viridian

Potential Patron
The trailer fight is an interesting one because Junior, Melanie, Miltia, or the goon squad were not much of a threat in the first place. It's canon, but they were pretty much cannon fodder anyways.

Neo threw her into a metal ceiling and she was almost unconscious after that. The only ways that Yang's Semblance wouldn't work in the fight against Neo are...
1. Yang didn't use her Semblance / Aura for some reason.
2. Neo can negate Semblances / Aura.
3. The rules of Yang's Semblance changed.

Either way, that fight really hurts Yang's durability argument because of how inconsistent it is vs Iron Paladin.

And Tifa is made borderline helpless by a tiny shock to the back of her neck. Nobody is comparing characters at their weakest or most inconsistent. Yang had trouble in that fight because Neo did not fight like most of her opponents. Neo mostly allowed Yang to use her own momentum against herself, very occasionally throwing a punch or kick. There's the whole 'yang hadn't slept argument' which I'm skeptical about but it IS an argument. My personal opinion is that Neo beat Yang because she fought in a way that didn't play to Yang's strengths so she won.

I find it interesting you bring up the tournament, because I addressed the Mercury Fight.

The four on four was a clear team effort. She did carry her weight, but it's not nearly enough to justify saying she's as strong as the Hulk. She didn't pull a Nora and ring out the entire opposing team on her own.

The two on two, Yang would've been defeated if Weiss didn't save her from getting trumpeted to unconsciousness. Yang was too focused on fighting Neon that she didn't notice Flynt readying an attack. Weiss tackles Flynt, gets burned for it. Yang gets angry and then sweeps the field.

We aren't talking about these. These are group efforts but if you want to bring them up, once again we have Yang loosing because her enemy isn't trying to punch her into the floor. He uses a very nonphysical attack and gains the upper hand.

Lastly, Yang vs Mercury. He threw the fight for the sake of going with the master plan created by Cinder.

It still counts. Even if you want to make the argument where they 'let' Yang win, there was a heaping gob of surprise on Mercury's face when she went flame haired and clobbered him. Though I'll grant you much of that fight is difficult to make out because there was some mind trickery going on. But we've got no clear evidence that his surprise was or wasn't real. We won't have an accurate assessment of these two until they have a rematch.

Yes. She gets stronger with anger. I'm not arguing that. But is it to the same scale? She has never demonstrated any sort of destructive power on the scale of the Hulk. Her defensive capabilities are purely from her Aura. No aura, no extra defense. If the tournament fights are any indication (and let's assume Aura makes ridiculously durable), based on the Yang vs Mercury, she can take a few hits, but Tifa has demonstrated higher levels of strength before.

Yang has demonstrated moderately high durability twice. Versus Iron Paladin and the Food Fight.

This here is the conjecture. Yang getting stronger with ANGER is conjecture. This has never been stated only indicated. What's stated is that Yang get's stronger the more she is hit. That's the issue at hand. That's why she won.

I've never seen Yang move that fast unassisted (where Tifa borderline flash steps with just her own movements (while rusty)). She either uses her weapon recoil or someone's help. Tifa lost against Loz because she's rusty and out of practise. It's confirmed that only a few of the original FFVII team continued fighting.

Yang moves that fast plenty of times. Tifa is never borderline flash stepping. That's pure fangasming. She walks on two legs and hops back and forth quickly but she isn't teleporting or some junk. The Rwby characters move with the same alacrity in basically every fight scene they're involved in. Yang is probably a bit slower than the other girls but when she gets going she can be just as quick.

We're not talking about the Hulk. We're talking about Yang Xiao Long. Yang is not a giant green engine of destruction made of muscle. She is a hotheaded, inexperienced, and slightly immature excitement seeker.

Yet the comparison of their POWERS (which is all that matters here and the only reason the hulk was brought up) is still a valid comparison, read comparison, not mirror. Get off the hulk. Seriously. Everyone enough. A character doesn't have to have the same colored skin and muscle tone to fulfill a similar role in another universe when they have freaking super powers, I was never saying Yang IS the hulk, but for gods sake, if we can't separate hulks skin color from Yang's in order to wrap our heads around the concept then just drop it. I'm sorry I even brought it up.

It's rare to fall at terminal velocity and survive. Which is why I mentioned that. Assuming that only exceptional humans can do so, that would put Yang purely in the "exceptional" human category. But factor in her Aura (which could have absorbed the entire hit), how strong is she without it? Her Aura doesn't demonstrate being able to survive something on the scale of a full onslaught of Tifa's Limit Breaks.

Again NO. No one falls at terminal velocity into a solid flat surface and survives no matter how 'exceptional' they are as a human being. Exceptional LUCK is what is required where either A: An act of god slows your velocity or B: the landing zone is sufficiently soft and energy absorbent. Her Aura absolutely and certainly was the only reason she survived, and the aura's are so effective at the task in universe that she considered the whole thing to be a joke. Can Tifa's limit breaks smash an Aura? Yes or No has no bearing on fact. The DB team did their best to factor math into it and did a bad job (something I AGREED with from the start of this entire dumb debate) but there is no definitive answer because they are fictional characters from separate universes with absolutely no integer parallels with which to prove.

If the argument was "Does Yang have potential to be stronger than Tifa's best?". The answer is yes. Absolutely. Yang definitely could grow to be that strong. With current material (what DB used), no.

This was not the argument. It was never the argument. There wasn't supposed to BE an argument. I agreed that DB's representation of Tifa was crap, remarked I thought the end result was still true in my own personal opinion (as Tifa wins in your own personal opinion) and then the walls of text as to why Tifa is the goddess incarnate began to fly and everybody became obsessed with the technicalities of the Hulk as though a character's abilities cannot be compared to anther's without pinpoint computer targeted accuracy.

Last edited:

----------------

Avid Affiliate
Well you said that ff doesn't have an answer to the hulk...

Also you said that "yang is like the hulk, canonically!"

So....

And we are not debasing that argument based on muscle mass or skin tone. We are saying that while the powers may be similar in nature, yang is not quite to the scale of the hulk in terms of strength. Plenty of fictional characters get stronger the more damage they take. But whatever, dropping the hulk. Fine.

Clausolas

Casual Client
And Tifa is made borderline helpless by a tiny shock to the back of her neck.
That "tiny shock" is actually a pile bunker that flung her into a pillar. Then a second one in the gut into the pillar. Perhaps not as big a feat as the Paladin, but we don't really get a good idea of what Loz is capable of. He only fights twice and the implication is that he was just screwing around with Tifa because he gets up like nothing, picks up his phone, and then after hanging up, blows Tifa into the wall.

Neo mostly allowed Yang to use her own momentum against herself, very occasionally throwing a punch or kick. There's the whole 'yang hadn't slept argument' which I'm skeptical about but it IS an argument.
Neo fought by parrying and dodging attacks while essentially poking her. If Yang's Semblance doesn't work against attacks that are too small, then that's a nail in her coffin. This entire time, I've been treating her Semblance like Bide from Pokémon. The more damage she takes, the stronger it gets, regardless of how hard she gets hit. Her Semblance will be used against everything that hits her. If she can't or won't use it against smaller attacks, then that's a weakness on her end.

It still counts. Even if you want to make the argument where they 'let' Yang win, there was a heaping gob of surprise on Mercury's face when she went flame haired and clobbered him. Though I'll grant you much of that fight is difficult to make out because there was some mind trickery going on. But we've got no clear evidence that his surprise was or wasn't real. We won't have an accurate assessment of these two until they have a rematch.
If Mercury was planning on throwing the match from the get-go (which everything points to he was), he's not exactly a bad actor. After all, he can fool everyone into thinking that he's just an innocent student there for a fighting tournament whilst being a murderer.

This here is the conjecture. Yang getting stronger with ANGER is conjecture. This has never been stated only indicated. What's stated is that Yang get's stronger the more she is hit. That's the issue at hand. That's why she won.
You're right. It is conjecture of sorts, but it also has evidence. Though it's explicitly said by Ruby that she gets stronger when she gets hit, her fire powers and red eyes have both appeared when she is simply angry. She doesn't get, unless losing that one strand of hair did tons of actual damage to her, it's safe to assume that her Semblance can be tied to anger.

Yang moves that fast plenty of times. Tifa is never borderline flash stepping. That's pure fangasming.
When has Yang moved that fast unassisted? Without using the recoil of her weapon or without help from a friend, she's not that fast.

Tifa has this. She clears several meters in <1 second several times. Again, it's been said time and again that this is not Tifa at her best.

Yet the comparison of their POWERS (which is all that matters here and the only reason the hulk was brought up) is still a valid comparison, read comparison, not mirror.
But you just said that Yang's power is based off of her taking damage and not getting angry. They're two very different powers and, by that logic, is an irrelevant comparison. I made the conjecture that Yang's power is based on anger which you are wholeheartedly against.

Her Aura absolutely and certainly was the only reason she survived, and the aura's are so effective at the task in universe that she considered the whole thing to be a joke.
Everyone considered it to be a joke. The entire thing was played for laughs and obviously none of them were aiming to kill, maim, or even really hurt each other. I actually personally would have ignored this as a factor because everyone can ignore fatal damage for the sake of comedy.

and then the walls of text as to why Tifa is the goddess incarnate began to fly and everybody became obsessed with the technicalities of the Hulk as though a character's abilities cannot be compared to anther's without pinpoint computer targeted accuracy.
You're blowing it a little out of proportion but this has been getting out of hand, I agree.

But I'm going to address one last thing you said several posts ago.

*Sigh* really? I agree about it being dumb that they thought it necessary to gimp Tifa's abilities...
This is exactly why I made the topic in the first place. For some reason I glossed over this part and not everything else. But despite this huge wall of text war, it's stay surprisingly on topic since this topic was made to speculate battles and/or debate them. The only problem is that is was speculating something that's already been done.

Thief

Club Regular
I dunno if it has been said before, but two big issues with Yang's defense is that they treated Aura as some sort of no damage threshold, everything below 1400 tons would have no effect. From what I could gather Aura can be chipped away the more damage it absorbs and when it falls under 15 percent it no longer guarantees protection against fatal wounds. Even if Tifa's power was only 150 tons, repeated attacks would have drained Yang's aura, especially since she connects her entire Limit Break combo on her. There's also the issue of not considering the power multipliers of the Premium Heart (x4 to the attack plus the boost to the base power) nor the Limit Breaks (which go from x1.15 to x2.65 without counting the x2 from getting a Yeah! on the slots). I think this is a problem because... Death Battle itself brought up all that and then proceeded to ignore it, they did mention the x7.6 difference of power between the leather gloves and the Premium Heart, they mentioned the damage bonus with the damage taking and they did give Tifa her Limit Breaks.

This covers the last part: Yang VS Tifa: Filling in the Blanks | ScrewAttack.com

While they did give a reason, the whole reasoning of why Tifa's strength doesn't count regarding Limit Breaks is pretty iffy... I mean, yes she displays greater strength in them, that's the point: Limit Break, as in breaking Limits. I mean, under that argument all special moves wouldn't count.

Viridian

Potential Patron
I dunno if it has been said before, but two big issues with Yang's defense is that they treated Aura as some sort of no damage threshold, everything below 1400 tons would have no effect. From what I could gather Aura can be chipped away the more damage it absorbs and when it falls under 15 percent it no longer guarantees protection against fatal wounds. Even if Tifa's power was only 150 tons, repeated attacks would have drained Yang's aura, especially since she connects her entire Limit Break combo on her. There's also the issue of not considering the power multipliers of the Premium Heart (x4 to the attack plus the boost to the base power) nor the Limit Breaks (which go from x1.15 to x2.65 without counting the x2 from getting a Yeah! on the slots). I think this is a problem because... Death Battle itself brought up all that and then proceeded to ignore it, they did mention the x7.6 difference of power between the leather gloves and the Premium Heart, they mentioned the damage bonus with the damage taking and they did give Tifa her Limit Breaks.

This covers the last part: Yang VS Tifa: Filling in the Blanks | ScrewAttack.com

While they did give a reason, the whole reasoning of why Tifa's strength doesn't count regarding Limit Breaks is pretty iffy... I mean, yes she displays greater strength in them, that's the point: Limit Break, as in breaking Limits. I mean, under that argument all special moves wouldn't count.

Not really. There's nothing spoken about Aura percentages in RWBY. Maybe there's some aura percentage thing going on in the new Grimm Apocalypse game (Which wasn't even out at the time I don't think) but you can't really call the balance necessary in turning an anime character into a balanced video game character cannon since RWBY is FIRST an anime and a very VERY distant second a pre-alpha video game character (I mean lets face it. Goku's got nothing on Superman if we assume he's got all those weird game quirks from the torrent of stupid DBZ games.) With Tifa it's different because her cannon comes first from the video game and then slides to other media only if Square says it does... tbh the Premium Heart being a Dissidia thing probably makes them suspect to begin with. I don't know how much of the Dissidia series is considered to be 'Cannon' to the various characters baseline games.

Regardless, the fact about Aura's is that we know basically next to nothing about the facts of auras and likely never will. Anime isn't always super concerned with supplying the viewer with the technical specifications of things. All that DB deduced for SURE was that Yang's aura allowed her to survived 1400 tons of pressure in THAT moment, we don't know how much MORE she could withstand, we don't know why it didn't help her in the fight with Neo, we don't know what state her Aura was left in, we don't know how much concentration it requires, we don't know if it is limited or infinite. We know basically nothing.

Edit: I stand corrected. It seems that season 3 is electronically monitoring Aura's. Although it is less certain if those bars are representative or not (It certainly wasn't made very clear in the show) of a persons full Aura or just an amount of damage allocated for Tournament regulations to provide a fair basis for judgment. So it appears an Aura can be wheedled down very likely in direct comparison with Final Fantasy Health Points.

Last edited:

Thief

Club Regular
The Premium Heart was actually her ultimate Weapon in the original FFVII. In Dissidia it was turned into her super mode but with different mechanics and much less power for balance porpuses, given Dissidia's understandable more action oriented gameplay, characters had to lose many RPG skills from the original games. For example, all characters have 1 or 2 magic spells unless they are ranged fighters where they get a moveset of them, spells were toned down to not interrupt gameplay or be too broken, Limit Breaks and Overdrives were also toned down from super attacks to simply special moves with little more power instead of a multiplier. On the flip side, characters when going full action have moves or skills that were only alluded before. We see Squall technique with the Gunblade in full glory or Tifa's martial arts at their finest, pulling feints, flash steps and parries that could never be displayed in a turn based battle unless it had a combo system or something.

Regarding Aura, I remember that during Jaune's duel with Cardin (episode 11 was it?) Glynda stopped the fight after Jaune took a heavy hit, she then stated that his Aura had fallen to 20% and thus would not protect him from a full strength hit (I guess that's why people freak out when you start bleeding in a fight), I think it was in that same episode that it was actually explained that Aura can be monitored with scrolls or other devices and that tourneys could be held by monitoring aura falling, which is seen in a "health bar" and the rule is that if it reaches 15% then you're disqualified out of safety. I think it is an acccurate observation of Aura, remember that Yang got into trouble for shooting Mercury on a leg when his Aura was fully depleted, it was publicly seen that the guy was defenseless. And even if the tournament devices were in a safe zone, the fact that Aura is shown as a decreasing bar shows it can be drained and eventually depleted.

Also in that same episode (the one with Jaune vs Cardin) it is shown that Aura may not fully protect you at times, Jaune was winded by Cardin's attacks when his Aura plummeted, so while it may protect you from fatal blows within a range it doesn't protect you against everything and it can be weakened as well. I guess it's simply a matter of scale as well depending of how strong a character is.

And well, Monty once tweeted an image of SFIV super meter and said "Yang's semblance in a nutshell", given how Monty in general seemed to be a big video game fan (I mean, Dead Fantasy is a nice proof) it wouldn't be unlikely that for RWBY he took inspiration and ideas from game mechanics. Miles Luna also said that the idea of health bars for Aura came from the shields in Halo.

Clausolas

Casual Client
I didn't know about the tweet, but I find it interesting that he points out the super bar from SSFIV considering that super bar increases when you deal or take damage (the Revenge Gauge is receiving only which is more in line with Yang (which is also pictured in the tweet you're talking about)).

For a long time, I was thoroughly convinced that Monty was a fan of video games... but didn't actually play them. Like it was a spectator sport of sorts for him.

Also, when I saw Yang's design, I immediately thought to myself that Monty had started looking at BlazBlue.

bullet-blazblue-story-art.jpg
latest
It also would've made for a better Death Battle since they actually have opposing powers.

Bullet's Drive makes her stronger as she deals damage and can maintain pressure.

They're both fire based too. And have punching gloves that create explosions. And giant mammaries. Bullet wins on that end though.

Viridian

Potential Patron
well there you go. On top of separate series's it seems that the idea of semblances was taken from the concept of fighting games which is also a completely separate GENRE further muddling potential for valid comparison. Dissidia may be the 'Final Fantasy' fighting game, but its mechanics are NOT those of a fighting game. They'd have to rework quite a lot to fit it into that space.

Clausolas

Casual Client
I feel like RWBY's Semblances are more along the lines of Super Powers that people are born with, but may not necessarily know until they learn about them. Yang is the only one who actually has any real parallel to fighting games.

I will argue that Dissidia IS a fighting game though. It's not a TRADITIONAL fighting game (something like Street Fighter, King of Fighters, etc). It's still a fighting game because it has the base, but it's not traditional (like Smash). Nowadays, games are so varied that a lot of games end up being a mix of one or two genres or becoming their own. It's arguable that Smash is its own genre with the advent of Rivals of Aether, which is a very blatant Smash Clone that says it's not a Smash Clone.

Viridian

Potential Patron
I feel like RWBY's Semblances are more along the lines of Super Powers that people are born with, but may not necessarily know until they learn about them. Yang is the only one who actually has any real parallel to fighting games.

I will argue that Dissidia IS a fighting game though. It's not a TRADITIONAL fighting game (something like Street Fighter, King of Fighters, etc). It's still a fighting game because it has the base, but it's not traditional (like Smash). Nowadays, games are so varied that a lot of games end up being a mix of one or two genres or becoming their own. It's arguable that Smash is its own genre with the advent of Rivals of Aether, which is a very blatant Smash Clone that says it's not a Smash Clone.

Brawlhalla on Steam is also very much a Smash Clone. It's got a Moba's character acquisition methodology, but the gameplay is smash down to its core.

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular
Currently living the fantasy of beating up asuna (sao) as kino (oreimo). Power levels? Lore? Feats in their own universe? This is fiction! Make it up as we go and rules wherever we want!
"What did you say Misaka? You can shoot railguns from your hand? I can swing my handbag!"
KO!!!
a2esXT4.gif

playing dengeki bunko... this cute lil sister will mess you up man!
LqzsmWP.jpg

if you take this game into consideration when comparing characters then any one can be beaten by a young school girl... crazy.

Clausolas

Casual Client
But then you get into the really weird circumstances where you can accuse a robot of murder or destroy it by shouting "OBJECTION" at the top of your lungs.

Viridian

Potential Patron
Well *Spoiler*

Yang lost an arm... so either that sword ignores auras or we know even less about them than we did before. Darn inconsistent portrayal of fighting powers.

Clausolas

Casual Client
RWBY's pretty notorious for inconsistencies. The RWBY wiki even has a page dedicated to it.

There are some really strange things like how Coco's Gatling Gun was able to cut through the giant Nevermores like a hot knife through butter, but in recent episodes, it's a pea shooter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.