Clothes disapearing when using partial charData in SWF (1 Viewer)

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Hello

I cannot make my last SWF work like I would like:
I made a Futurama's Brain Slug "headwear" and I thought it would be nice to put the girl's arms in Loose position and set her mood to Ahegao in the Settings Actions (charData = "mood:Ahegao;arms:loose,loose";), but if I do this, all the clothes disapear when the mod is loaded (but not the accesories like the collar).

It seems strange to me, because I set the overwrite option on false (var overwrite:Boolean = false;) and these charDatas do not concern the clothes...

Is there is a way to add these charDatas to my mod, or must I not put them to keep the clothes on?
(As always, I am asking only for Vanilla)

GYq51RQ.png

stuntcock

Content Creator
I thought it would be nice to put the girl's arms in Loose position and set her mood to Ahegao in the Settings Actions (charData = "mood:Ahegao;arms:loose,loose";), but if I do this, all the clothes disapear when the mod is loaded (but not the accesories like the collar).
I think that you're stuck with that problem. There's no obvious workaround, since the vanilla code includes the following:

Code:
InGameMenu::loadData(...)
{
         g.characterControl.gagControl.findName("none");
         g.characterControl.legwearControl.findName("None");
         g.characterControl.legwearBControl.findName("None");
         g.characterControl.bottomsControl.findName("None");
         g.characterControl.ankleCuffsControl.findName("None");
         g.characterControl.topControl.findName("None");
         g.characterControl.headwearControl.findName("None");
         g.characterControl.armwearControl.findName("none");
         g.characterControl.pantiesControl.findName("none");
         g.characterControl.braControl.findName("none");
         g.characterControl.footwearControl.findName("none");
         g.characterControl.tonguePiercingControl.findName("none");
         g.characterControl.nipplePiercingControl.findName("none");
         g.characterControl.bellyPiercingControl.findName("none");
         g.characterControl.earringControl.findName("none");
         g.her.tan.setTan(0);
}
You can suppress this behavior by adding Loader scripts. If you want to create a vanilla import, then you could share the charCode alongside your file (and ask users to copy-paste it) instead of embedding it into the SWF file.

I set the overwrite option on false (var overwrite:Boolean = false;) and these charDatas do not concern the clothes...
Overwrite is a separate thing. It dictates whether the item will replace any pre-existing clothing in the same slot (shoes, pants, etc) or whether it can co-exist with other clothing in the same slot.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
unless you are making a specific costume, i would avoid dumping charcode directly in a mod, cause then others that use it might not want that charcode xD

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Overwrite is a separate thing. It dictates whether the item will replace any pre-existing clothing in the same slot (shoes, pants, etc) or whether it can co-exist with other clothing in the same slot.
Yes, I was thinking that too, but I just indicated it.
unless you are making a specific costume, i would avoid dumping charcode directly in a mod, cause then others that use it might not want that charcode xD
Sure, but I believe that this behaviour with loose arms and stupid face would be nice with this Brain Slug. :grin:

Thanks to you two. I'll not add this charData to my SWF and put it alongside the download.

[EDIT] the mod is available HERE.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.