Buy/Not Buy: Wrestling Videos (1 Viewer)

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
There was apparently some shady dealings with the UWC team so I'm not sure that site is going to be updated anymore. I noticed that the YouTube links have been taken down. I saw them when they were put up and the quality is very, very low. Non-HD and the matches were filmed outdoors wreaking havoc on the lighting and sound. Those were just the sample clips though.

Anyway, since UWC might already be DOA, one of the guys apparently started a new company with a similar style called ZWL. Quality is still questionable, so approach with caution.

As for MLW, all their stuff seems to be hairpulling and matches with fake blood now. Yeeech.

James

Vivacious Visitor
There was apparently some shady dealings with the UWC team so I'm not sure that site is going to be updated anymore. I noticed that the YouTube links have been taken down. I saw them when they were put up and the quality is very, very low. Non-HD and the matches were filmed outdoors wreaking havoc on the lighting and sound. Those were just the sample clips though.

Anyway, since UWC might already be DOA, one of the guys apparently started a new company with a similar style called ZWL. Quality is still questionable, so approach with caution.

As for MLW, all their stuff seems to be hairpulling and matches with fake blood now. Yeeech.

There's a handicap match on there that looks a bit interesting, but it really ruins the atmosphere when there's a little kid running around in the yard in the background. DT wrestling seems to shoot outside. Would it be difficult to do what they do and put up a canvas or something?

sd01

Vivacious Visitor
Yeah, MLW's latest videos haven't been of any interest. But not much you can do when that is what people are paying for. Maybe now that they are under new ownership, they will step up to HD video.

James

Vivacious Visitor
Recently bought one of the new videos from New England Female Wrestling. They've been adding more and more mixed matches lately with a whopping three in this past update. I haven't looked at the other two, but I did decide to check out the Nevaeh vs Niles Young match. There's absolutely no offense from Nevaeh aside from a school boy at the start and an ear clap to escape a bear hug. The match itself is pretty decent. The only real problem I have with it is one I have with a few of the videos I've seen lately: The squashee i.e. Nevaeh (I really hate typing that name) doesn't take the "ass kicking" all that seriously. There's nothing wrong with a little humor or comments, but she has a quip for almost everything. She doesn't no sell or anything, but it seems like she has to make a smart aleck comment for every piece of offense she's put through. They start making Star Trek references during a nerve pinch, for crying out loud! The atmosphere is a bit ruined by this big dude roughing up the cutie and they're bantering back and forth like two friends who are having a pillow fight. Like I said, the actual wrestling is fine. Nevaeh stays away from that "owie owie" selling Christie Ricci does, but if you like your squash matches more along the serious mood, I'd suggest staying away.

Photo Album - Imgur Here's some pics from the match.

Since I'm in a 'ranting' mood, I want to expound further about my problem with the current batch of videos coming out. When I purchase videos, I almost exclusively buy mixed matches. Though I dabble in female matches with wrestlers I like, I usually stick with the male dominates female matches. I also don't purchase as I much as I used to due to finances and the wonderful economy we're in over here in the States. This is coming from someone who may just have bad luck when it comes to purchasing videos. Maybe the script writers are telling them to act that way. That said, my issues with wrestlers not taking what they're doing seriously is a bit agitating. Are custom matches beneath them*? Perhaps. I'm sure most breaking in didn't plan on doing empty studio matches to make extra coin on the side. Still...when you're hired to do something, you should put as much effort into it as possible. There's a match floating out there with Claudio Castognoli (sp), better known as Antonio Cesaro, wrestling Sara del Rey for Amber O'Neal's site. This is right before he got signed, so if anyone had an excuse to slack off, it would be him. He put in a ton of good effort on his end (del Rey was kinda smiling here and there, but whatever). If a guy who is destined to be a star and days away form his big break can put in his best effort, why can't some of the smaller names? I've actually ordered about two custom matches for myself over the years with Daffney (the Far Beyond Driven with her is the one I wrote) and one with Stephanie Star. Both did phenomenally well. Both also did none of the stuff I'm bitching about. So if it someone telling them to goof around...knock it off, eh? =)

junkydog

Avid Affiliate
I agree about the non-selling with customs. I also don't like when they are supposed to be KO'd but they move and have their eyes open. I need to stop buying regular videos and just go with customs. It's such a long process though :/

I've only ordered 2 customs. One with SLampegs and one with MLW. The edge that slampegs has is their video quality. The MLW had worse video quality but great selling and pretty much followed my script to the T. I know they are doing HD now so once their lineup improves maybe I'll order another custom from them. No diss to slampegs but again, it depends on the talent you choose.

Has anyone ordered a custom from Pippa L'Vinn? I've emailed her a few times and her responses were very short and she just didn't seem all that interested in my business. I expect more than one word answers if im going to be spending that amount of money. Can anyone vouch? I know she's been in the game for a long time. I'm interested in ordering since many wrestlers in the european circuit stop by her wrestling facility.

Teelagrayskull

Potential Patron
I purchased Queens of Wrestling matches and the cam angle and image quality are good. They're a tie with Slammin ladies as far as that but is better cause the women are performing like there is an audience(consumer or public). I think the reason there are no sample images and clips is to not to spoil too much(discreet type thing). They have done a few matches that this site talks about but more on the PC/publicly seen version(women wins, dominates) but I'm confident there should not be a problem getting matches Ryonani really want to see. Queens is taking scripts until Jun 7th. Here's the site for those who are interested: http://www.queensofwrestling.com/

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
Hmmm....... I really need to see preview pics before I commit to a purchase. The main reason: Outfits. For me, it's just as important as the match itself. I can't get into a match if I don't like what the wrestlers are wearing. And considering they're charging almost 30 bucks for some matches, no. It's money better spent elsewhere.

Snowballs

Ryonani Teamster
Hmm, Queensofwrestling looks interesting. Machiko looks really gorgeous, I look forward to seeing more of her. I'd order a custom when I actually stabilize my career =P. I think I have a new crush.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teelagrayskull

Potential Patron
Hmmm....... I really need to see preview pics before I commit to a purchase. The main reason: Outfits. For me, it's just as important as the match itself. I can't get into a match if I don't like what the wrestlers are wearing. And considering they're charging almost 30 bucks for some matches, no. It's money better spent elsewhere.

Understood. I got a few matches where women wear form fitting one and two pieces. If there are no clips I would purchase a match or two just in case one is not so good, so I won't base future decisions off of one time. Queens of Wrestling Women seem to be good with actions/reactions. Like your Deviant art site by the way. Hope to join you with some of my own stuff.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
Understood. I got a few matches where women wear form fitting one and two pieces. If there are no clips I would purchase a match or two just in case one is not so good, so I won't base future decisions off of one time. Queens of Wrestling Women seem to be good with actions/reactions. Like your Deviant art site by the way. Hope to join you with some of my own stuff.

Can't wait to see what you do in that case :-)

junkydog

Avid Affiliate
Anyone else notice a drop in quality with MLW? Ever since a new owner took over, it just hasn't been the same.

-New ring setup and lighting which I find a little tacky. Kinda reminds me of GLOW wrestling.
-Customs line up stays relatively the same. I wish there were some new faces here and there.
-I've only ordered a download once since the new MLW. I had to email them to receive my download. Before it would come within a few minutes.
-Long delays for downloads to be posted and most of the time there are no preview pics or videos.

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, I emailed Pippa L'Vinn about customs a couple of times. Both times it seems she wasn't very interested in doing them. It was always me taking the initiative in the communication and she only got back to me after I followed up with her. The last script I sent her she said it was too detailed but it was so short and simple! Originally it was a few paragraphs but she asked me to shorten it so I sent her a brief outline summary and she still said it was too much. I just got tired of going back and forth and she made it seem like she was doing me a favor. I guess she doesn't do customs very often or could care less about getting any business from me. Oh well.

90sSegaFan

Ryonani Teamster
Has anyone by chance seen Cali Danger in Mixed Wrestling Vol. 1? I bought Vol. 2 feature Madison and thought it was one of their best videos to date. I hate spending that kind of money though, especially given that I just bought one at $40? Anyone got any insight into Vol. 1?

James

Vivacious Visitor
Anyone else notice a drop in quality with MLW? Ever since a new owner took over, it just hasn't been the same.

-New ring setup and lighting which I find a little tacky. Kinda reminds me of GLOW wrestling.
-Customs line up stays relatively the same. I wish there were some new faces here and there.
-I've only ordered a download once since the new MLW. I had to email them to receive my download. Before it would come within a few minutes.
-Long delays for downloads to be posted and most of the time there are no preview pics or videos.

I wasn't a frequent customer of MLW, but I have to agree with this. It started going downhill for me when a guy who loves hair pulling and apparently has a lot of disposable income seemed to take over the customs. For awhile it seemed like every other match was a "hair pull" match. I mean...more power to you if you can afford it, but it's not my thing. Ever since the change in management, the site itself has taken a turn for the worse. Few pictures if any, no more preview vids and the pricing seems a bit wonky as well. Paid $12.99 for a 5 minute match. =/ I can see why preview vids might not be worthwhile for bandwidth purposes, but would it hurt to open up a photobucket account and put some preview pics there? I'm not ever talking about ringside photography, just some stills of the video itself. Same thing with that Queens of Wrestling site. I like the formating of the site, but the lack of any indication of what goes on in the match aside from the wrestlers, a brief description and the time makes it a tough sell to me.

I like what NEFW does and hope more producers of in ring videos could do that.

C

crazyman

ANGRY GIRLS

If anyone has seen Red Barron vs Jasmine, Ashley or Stella. I would love to know, I don't want to spend the money on the clips if they aren't worth the trouble.

Stuelpner_Karl

Swell Supporter
I like what NEFW does and hope more producers of in ring videos could do that.
Keep an eye on "Ringgoddess" Hellena Heavenly!

Like NEFW, who is cooperating with WSU, she shoots custom matches with the new "Queens of Combat" promotion and has some very good wrestlers available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.