Buy/Not Buy: Wrestling Videos (1 Viewer)

robopope25

Potential Patron
Beth Phoenix, Melina, and a million other divas have badly botched moves that resulted in injury or just really bad matches and managed to avoid getting fired "on the spot" so something tells me that they wouldn't get fired over a mistimed smile.

Perfect example of this: Do you recall the Royal Rumble 2010 when CM Punk hit Beth Phoenix with the GTS? If Beth had lied there with a big smile rather than look knocked-out yes they would have fired her. it's called selling, you can mis-time moves or have bad matches as long as you sell the action. it's the most important part of wrestling. if nobody sold nobody would watch it.

My whole point is when sammi smiled the whole match was meaningless. You can't do that. You just can't. It ruins the fantasy of the squash that I paid 10 dollars for. I don't think it's much to ask that after the match she just lies there looking completely out of it. And if not smiling after a guy knocks you out is too much to ask a female wrestler or a production company then that is not a omapny i want to give money to in the future.

junkydog

Avid Affiliate
Just giving everyone a (somewhat late) heads up that both SLAMminladies and RingGoddess are having sales today!

SLAMminladies - Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all DVDs and on $15 SLAMpegs. Sale goes through Wednesday morning.

RingGoddess - All videos 50% off! I think this is a great deal. The production qualities aren't as high as SLAMminladies (probably on par with Magnificent Ladies Wrestling), but the in-ring action is usually good. Also, the pricing is reasonable and at 50% off, you can be getting a 20 minute match for about $10. Sale ends at midnight tonight!

I don't mean to shill for these companies, but I know not everyone checks these sites as frequently as I do. If anyone knows of any other good deals or if you think I shouldn't be using this forum for these kinds of announcements, let me know. I'm always open to suggestions :)

The only thing about ringgoddess is that there arent enough photos and description to warrant a purchase. In slampegs, at least most of the time you can tell from the pic/description who won.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Perfect example of this: Do you recall the Royal Rumble 2010 when CM Punk hit Beth Phoenix with the GTS? If Beth had lied there with a big smile rather than look knocked-out yes they would have fired her. it's called selling, you can mis-time moves or have bad matches as long as you sell the action. it's the most important part of wrestling. if nobody sold nobody would watch it.

My whole point is when sammi smiled the whole match was meaningless. You can't do that. You just can't. It ruins the fantasy of the squash that I paid 10 dollars for. I don't think it's much to ask that after the match she just lies there looking completely out of it. And if not smiling after a guy knocks you out is too much to ask a female wrestler or a production company then that is not a omapny i want to give money to in the future.

1. They would not have fired her.

2. You're comparing a fledgling little company to a national powerhouse.

3. You're basing an entire match, and venturing into basing the entire company itself, on one little goof.

I can't even begin to describe how utterly ridiculous and overreactionary that is.

The discussion's over, thank you. Back to talking about the videos and not your expectations.

Last edited by a moderator:

robopope25

Potential Patron
1. They would not have fired her.

2. You're comparing a fledgling little company to a national powerhouse.

3. You're basing an entire match, and venturing into basing the entire company itself, on one little goof.

I can't even begin to describe how utterly ridiculous and overreactionary that is.

The discussion's over, thank you. Back to talking about the videos and not your expectations.

It's not one little goof. It ruins the match, I don't like it. Since we are talking about videos i gave my opinion. if it was free goof away but if you really enjoy these type of videos then I would say pass on this video. Plenty of better videos out there. And I have directed short films with no budget and when a actor breaks character and starts smiling when she or he isn't supposed to I yell "cut' and do a re-take.

W

wrestlefan

Question on Slamminladies

Hi there. Does anyone know who won Slampeg 1290 or Slam 170/Slampeg 703 - both are Angela Fong vs. Shantelle Taylor? I'd love to hear if the matches are good/worth buying and how they end. Any other Slampegs you could recommend where Angela is KO'ed? Also, does anyone know what happened when Malia Hosaka beat Su Yung at the end of Slampeg 1042? Thanks in advance!

daman077c

Ryonani Teamster
Hi there. Does anyone know who won Slampeg 1290 or Slam 170/Slampeg 703 - both are Angela Fong vs. Shantelle Taylor? I'd love to hear if the matches are good/worth buying and how they end. Any other Slampegs you could recommend where Angela is KO'ed? Also, does anyone know what happened when Malia Hosaka beat Su Yung at the end of Slampeg 1042? Thanks in advance!

Both are good, and 703 has Angela KO'ed. 1290 is a lot of Shantelle working Angela's back (which I LOVE).

Matches I can suggest where Angela ends up KO'ed include:

1340 - vs. Angel Williams (Match written by yours truely)
1234 - vs. Titan
1124 - vs. Ms. Rachel (Match written by TheCrimsonRisk)
783 - vs. Bad Seed
695 - vs. Rain

W

wrestlefan

Both are good, and 703 has Angela KO'ed. 1290 is a lot of Shantelle working Angela's back (which I LOVE).

Matches I can suggest where Angela ends up KO'ed include:

1340 - vs. Angel Williams (Match written by yours truely)
1234 - vs. Titan
1124 - vs. Ms. Rachel (Match written by TheCrimsonRisk)
783 - vs. Bad Seed
695 - vs. Rain

Thanks Daman077c! Much appreciated!

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Also, does anyone know what happened when Malia Hosaka beat Su Yung at the end of Slampeg 1042? Thanks in advance!

Su gets tied up with some workout equipment (somewhat loosely) and Malia takes a marker and writes an "L" for "loser" on her forehead.

D

David Dicks

Thanks Daman077c! Much appreciated!

Angela also gets KO'd by Courtney Rush in the first half of SLAMpeg 754, but she comes back and wins in the end.
SLAMpeg 1028 Angela KO'd by Rhia O'heilly
SLAMpeg 1290 Angela KO"d by Shantelle Taylor
SLAMpeg 979 Angela KO'd by Ariel and Diane Von Hoffman
SLAMpeg 695 Angela KO'd by Rain
SLAMpeg 797 Angela KO'd by Tenille
SLAMpeg 1096 Angela KO'd by Su Yung

N

needanime19

I just thought I'd shared that DT Wrestling is a really good company. I've purchased a few videos from there and all of them were well done. Personally I prefer KO's but DT has submission matches as well. Also everything from clothed to nude.

mobius212

Potential Patron
Has anyone here purchased/watched/etc. Ringdiva's more recent Private Session videos, particularily the ones with Teen Summer, Cali Danger, and Madison? The first one with Lacey Von Erich was pretty disappointing, and I was hoping they'd managed to improve on the match quality, considering how hot their 'wrestlers' are and how expensive their customs are :/

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I have heard they are all fairly cack, but I haven't seen them myself. In no way would I drop that kind of money on it.

fikrimil22

Potential Patron
bought some stuff from slamminladies.

only interested in matches with leg works and leg tortures.

if you are into leg works/leg tortures as well, i wouldn't recommend you to buy slampeg 534 tenille vs ben dejo. tenille's skills in working her opponent's leg are so weak. no elbow drops to the leg, no knee drops to the leg, no usage of the ring ropes/posts to torture the leg. what a waste of $10.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
bought some stuff from slamminladies.

only interested in matches with leg works and leg tortures.

if you are into leg works/leg tortures as well, i wouldn't recommend you to buy slampeg 534 tenille vs ben dejo. tenille's skills in working her opponent's leg are so weak. no elbow drops to the leg, no knee drops to the leg, no usage of the ring ropes/posts to torture the leg. what a waste of $10.

That's a shame since she's got that amazing leg based submission finisher which I'm assuming she ends the match with. I guess whoever requested the custom didn't specify that they wanted to see the leg worked on. Weird.

We don't have too many gyaku wrestling fans chime up, so it's good to hear from you. It's not my thing, but I bet you're not the only person on this board interested in that kind of material. It was also thoughtful of you to warn the rest of us about an unsatisfying purchase. Thanks!

sd01

Vivacious Visitor
Has anyone seen this new site for women's wrestling, Queens of Wrestling? Looks like it opened up earlier this year. Seems to have a mix of ladies from MLW and SlamminLadies. They do customs (next is July 28) and have videos to download. But you have to create an account to see the available downloads. The downloads available don't have any descriptions other than wrestlers involved and the length of match. I was just curious if anyone else had seen any of their matches yet and could say anything about their quality.

R

Resistance_is_Futile

Yeah, the lack of match descriptions is ridiculous. Given that all the matches are inevitably from custom scripts, I wouldn't wanna risk getting a video from hairpulling guy or an all piledriver match or anything similarly specific.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Has anyone seen this new site for women's wrestling, Queens of Wrestling? Looks like it opened up earlier this year. Seems to have a mix of ladies from MLW and SlamminLadies. They do customs (next is July 28) and have videos to download. But you have to create an account to see the available downloads. The downloads available don't have any descriptions other than wrestlers involved and the length of match. I was just curious if anyone else had seen any of their matches yet and could say anything about their quality.

Yeah, I saw that downloads page and I thought it was just completely insane. No pictures or clips or anything. Yikes.

It's strange because the rest of the site is really nice especially the custom ordering section. But they've gotta fix up that video page.

James

Vivacious Visitor
I inquired about a preview (though without specifying what match exactly, something I should have done) they did send in some images. I put them here (Library Slideshow by JamestheHam | Photobucket).

There's another wrestling site out there I haven't used yet, but their customs seem dirt cheap at UWC Online - Videos. However, not a fan of their location.

Yeah, the lack of match descriptions is ridiculous. Given that all the matches are inevitably from custom scripts, I wouldn't wanna risk getting a video from hairpulling guy or an all piledriver match or anything similarly specific.

They seem to have added descriptions now. Also, about hair pulling guy. I was soooo disappointed when MLW updated their site and it was full of those kind of matches. Hey, if you got the money for it, go ahead, but it's still a little disheartening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.