Blade and Soul NA Decensor patch (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Harbinger
  • Start date
  • Watchers 7
H

Harbinger

Ok, I know how to get the patch files. I found the folder that the files belong in. But when I try to start the game, the NCSoft patcher just repairs the file. I can't start the game via the client.exe because it tells me I have to use the launcher. Help!

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
make a new folder in /NCSOFT/BNS/CONTENT/LOCAL/NCWEST/ENGLISH/DATA/COOKEDPC
then put every upk file into the new folder, it should work.
it's how EU mods work, i think it's similair for NA

Naduron

Content Creator
NA client isn't censored, this is pointless.

The whole character creation screen is censored.
- The Underwear for all Races (It was to Sexy for NA)
- The Animation/Idle for all Races (It was to sexy for NA)

The Original Version
It has sexy Underwear and has pin-up/sexy idle/animations.

The Censored Version
It has an ugly Underwear and has "Show Off" Idle that doesnt even fit the BnS world

Last edited:

Nyelm

Potential Patron
it's worth pointing out that the censorship affects the whole game, not just char create.

Also, I see a lot of talk of an uncensor mod here, but not the mod itself. Can someone help me out with a link?

RiOT

Content Creator
Uhm, is it just me or did they just recently disable breast jiggle from the wardrobe just recently? I'm positive it was working before. This is getting out of hand. Let's release a sexualized game, and... remove all the sexualization! Worse than what happened to Conan.

I wish I knew of the decensor mod, but sadly I do not.

Kholdy

Avid Affiliate
Uhm, is it just me or did they just recently disable breast jiggle from the wardrobe just recently? I'm positive it was working before. This is getting out of hand. Let's release a sexualized game, and... remove all the sexualization! Worse than what happened to Conan.

I wish I knew of the decensor mod, but sadly I do not.
You probably turned off the Physics option in your graphics settings. Affects all the jiggle except for when you look at your own character in the game world.

RiOT

Content Creator
You probably turned off the Physics option in your graphics settings. Affects all the jiggle except for when you look at your own character in the game world.
Ah, that makes sense. I recently turned my graphics settings to combat mode, so that probably did it. Thanks for letting me know!

Vlesh

Vivacious Visitor
The creation underwears were not "Too Sexy for NA"... They changed them to a two piece shorts and top version because of all the people that complained about not being able to see a majority of the body when creating characters with the default underwear.

Nyelm

Potential Patron
The creation underwears were not "Too Sexy for NA"... They changed them to a two piece shorts and top version because of all the people that complained about not being able to see a majority of the body when creating characters with the default underwear.
Considering their attitude in censoring much of the rest of the game and the fact that they aren't even available as options - they're just gone, I think this is a good time to remember that sometimes people lie about their intentions. It's also a good time to remember that they have lied to us before. I'm almost certain they were totally bullshitting us.

Speaking of censorship, did the lyn costume variants get censored? I'm noticing a repeat of the elin "replace all panties with short shorts" trend here. I know nothing of the other versions, are they like that in those as well?

Vlesh

Vivacious Visitor
What else did they censor exactly? That one quest with the pervert? They changed the dialog to make the guy not a pervert, quest is identical. Normally i wouldn't be supportive of that even, but the changes give a bit more backstory on the "lycandi" that the Korean version doesn't even have... Come on now, let's be serious a second...

That kungfu outfit still shows what many consider the nipple area, Yura is still naked in the final story mission, there's plenty they "could" have censored if they actually were censoring shit.

They change the default underwear AT THE REQUEST OF PLAYERS and change one quest lines dialog that was kind of pointless to begin with adding in actual lore and people fucking lose their shit

Nyelm

Potential Patron
What else did they censor exactly? That one quest with the pervert? They changed the dialog to make the guy not a pervert, quest is identical. Normally i wouldn't be supportive of that even, but the changes give a bit more backstory on the "lycandi" that the Korean version doesn't even have... Come on now, let's be serious a second...

That kungfu outfit still shows what many consider the nipple area, Yura is still naked in the final story mission, there's plenty they "could" have censored if they actually were censoring shit.

They change the default underwear AT THE REQUEST OF PLAYERS and change one quest lines dialog that was kind of pointless to begin with adding in actual lore and people fucking lose their shit

Partial censorship is still censorship. How about they don't touch the lore and give us the option to have the old underwears? Like you said, the complaint was literally only about char create. <1% of the game takes place there.

Vlesh

Vivacious Visitor
Okay, got an actual counter-argument, though?
Don't need one, but I'll humor you a second.
You say that the underwear change affects the entire game instead of just character creation. At the very beginning, like the first thing that happens, is you get an outfit. You may say, "Well i won't wear it! I'll be, by game standards, naked always!" Which will, very quickly, hinder you significantly because soul shields, the items that pretty much give you all the stats, will be unusable. They have no effect if you are not wearing an outfit. That is truth. So in actuality, the "censorship" that was demanded by the players themselves to help with character creation, seems to actually only be an issue during... Character creation, not 99% of the game like you claim, and those of us that have been there since the beginning of this decision greatly appreciate the change.

Like i said earlier, i am against censorship heavily and was also very vocal and angry about the quest line that was changed. After seeing that change for myself, while it is significantly tamer in subject matter, it makes up for it by actually adding lore to one of the NPC races in the game that hardly have any lore to speak of. Changing dialog of a quest, which had 100% fanservice dialog, to quest dialog that fleshes out the game world a bit more is a change i welcome, and despite NC Soft reps saying in an interview that the change was because the original quest made a couple employees uncomfortable doesn't matter in the long term of things if the change itself ended up being positive, which it was.

Also, as i mentioned, there are a massive shit ton of things they COULD have censored, which would have made more sense IF they were actually censoring. I named at least two above that you completely ignored. A censorship of the game would have started right there, neither was altered in any way.

I personally think with the whole treehouse scandal and the past treatment we've normally gotten from companies bringing a risque' Asian mmo to our shoes (Tera, being a big one recently, but let's not forget Scarlet Blade either, an adult mmo with nudity that got censored because of its child looking race, as well as many others) most gamers seem to have their pitchforks and torches still in hand crying foul and shouting at the dark with no information or reason other than they can.

RiOT

Content Creator
Yep Yep, there will always be the PC'ers bearing their flags and censoring whatever they need to feel good about themselves while playing the game. It's always gonna happen. We just have to wait for uncensored mods for everything if it bothers us that much, and if this thread is any indication, those mods will always happen; with that kind of passion, it's just a matter of time.

Nyelm

Potential Patron
Don't need one, but I'll humor you a second.
You say that the underwear change affects the entire game instead of just character creation. At the very beginning, like the first thing that happens, is you get an outfit. You may say, "Well i won't wear it! I'll be, by game standards, naked always!" Which will, very quickly, hinder you significantly because soul shields, the items that pretty much give you all the stats, will be unusable. They have no effect if you are not wearing an outfit. That is truth. So in actuality, the "censorship" that was demanded by the players themselves to help with character creation, seems to actually only be an issue during... Character creation, not 99% of the game like you claim, and those of us that have been there since the beginning of this decision greatly appreciate the change.

You do realize RP is a thing that exists, right? Changes like this impact RPers a ton. For the longest time TERA RPers were virtually irate until they finally got their walk function. MMOs are more than just games, shit like this matters.

Like i said earlier, i am against censorship heavily and was also very vocal and angry about the quest line that was changed. After seeing that change for myself, while it is significantly tamer in subject matter, it makes up for it by actually adding lore to one of the NPC races in the game that hardly have any lore to speak of. Changing dialog of a quest, which had 100% fanservice dialog, to quest dialog that fleshes out the game world a bit more is a change i welcome, and despite NC Soft reps saying in an interview that the change was because the original quest made a couple employees uncomfortable doesn't matter in the long term of things if the change itself ended up being positive, which it was.

This is where you and I disagree. You think it's okay to fuck with the product when it's not necessary, I think it's their duty not to. I don't care about whether it "positively" changes the story when it overwrites the original story. I wanted to play the BnS that Team Bloodlust made, not the feelings-safe fanfiction the localization team wrote.

Also, as i mentioned, there are a massive shit ton of things they COULD have censored, which would have made more sense IF they were actually censoring. I named at least two above that you completely ignored. A censorship of the game would have started right there, neither was altered in any way.

There's different systems of morality than "NUDITY BAD GRR" It's not black and white or even shades of gray. There's a million different pet issues people could censor over, and they chose theirs. On top of this, I doubt the SJWs that censored the lore have absolute control over the company. Chances are overwhelmingly high that the level of censorship you see in the game now is the result of compromise.

I personally think with the whole treehouse scandal and the past treatment we've normally gotten from companies bringing a risque' Asian mmo to our shoes (Tera, being a big one recently, but let's not forget Scarlet Blade either, an adult mmo with nudity that got censored because of its child looking race, as well as many others) most gamers seem to have their pitchforks and torches still in hand crying foul and shouting at the dark with no information or reason other than they can.

We have confirmed censorship of the game, and the original underwears are nowhere to be seen which looks a lot like more censorship, no matter how much NCSoft tells me I wanted it. Stop fucking with my games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.