ArcheAge Texturer Requested (1 Viewer)

Quaren

Content Creator
Greetings! I am the current maintainer of a Nude Mod for ArcheAge. Unfortunately, my skills are almost entirely technical and I have about as much artistic talent as a vacuum desiccated corpse. I'm looking for an artist willing to update/work on the textures for use in the mod. I can provide base texture files or the ones currently in use. This would probably be a one-time thing as there is not as of yet any new races being introduced, and the game handles things like hue swapping.

ArcheAge is a CryEngine game so someone with those tools would be preferred, but I can make just about anything work. The game renders textures with Mirroring the UV onto each half of the character model, so the texture itself is only on one half of the body before being copied onto the other half. Not sure if this matters but it's a technical difference and [CENSORED] IT I KNOW THAT PART!

Here are some screenshots. If anyone's interested, I can provide the base .dds files (normal, specular, and diffuse..think I got those right) to experiment with. If able to, the files must be exported at the same size they started at. I can write blank bytes onto the files if need be, so don't stress that part.

Images are without current version of mod. I can get more if necessary including modded ones, though it may be easier to just view the thread here.

ScreenShot0038.jpg ScreenShot0039.jpg ScreenShot0040.jpg

Felldude

Content Creator
Greetings! I am the current maintainer of a Nude Mod for ArcheAge. Unfortunately, my skills are almost entirely technical and I have about as much artistic talent as a vacuum desiccated corpse. I'm looking for an artist willing to update/work on the textures for use in the mod. I can provide base texture files or the ones currently in use.

I can do that, if you had the base model file for the female body that would be help full as well.

Quaren

Content Creator
I can do that, if you had the base model file for the female body that would be help full as well.

I have the model files, but when I tried to open them in Blender they only showed a cube. Take that with a grain of salt, though...I know even less about the models than I do the textures lol.

I'll send you a DM.

BoobsLover

Casual Client
I am happy folks that you are trying to make new mods and textures for the archeage despite the difficulties. Thanks

Felldude

Content Creator
I have the model files, but when I tried to open them in Blender they only showed a cube. Take that with a grain of salt, though...I know even less about the models than I do the textures lol.

I'll send you a DM.

In the files you sent, there are already nude textures, normal maps, ss maps etc.

Its possible that simply renaming the nude textures, to be the underpant textures and repackaging would do the trick.
Example ha_f_nude_ddn.dds to ha_f_underpants01_ddn.dds

Quaren

Content Creator
Hmm? That's not right....

The files I sent you have "nude" textures yes. The game has a "nude" model, but the model lacks anatomical detailing. I sent you the right files. =P

Quaren

Content Creator
Basically. A little more detail between the legs would be nice, and if you're willing to do both shaved and unshaved, the current version supports those. However the unshaved textures are pretty good right now. It's the shaved ones that can be improved upon.

Mod thread for reference.
ArcheAge Nude Mod: Age of Naturalism

Felldude

Content Creator
Basically. A little more detail between the legs would be nice, and if you're willing to do both shaved and unshaved, the current version supports those. However the unshaved textures are pretty good right now. It's the shaved ones that can be improved upon.

Mod thread for reference.
ArcheAge Nude Mod: Age of Naturalism

From what I can tell the three people that worked on it did a good job on the textures. The only improvement that I might make is generating new normal maps.

I have made two normal maps for the game at the moment, one is for the Dwarf and one for the Hara whatever. If they improve the quality I will make more.

I noticed the current nude mod replaced the undershirt and pant ddn's with the original nude versions. I did not copy and rename the normal's I repainted to undershirt, pant so you may need to do that as well.

Attachments

Normal Maps.zip
311.1 KB · Views: 182

Last edited:

Quaren

Content Creator
There will be testing!

But probably not today. Need to sink all my time into another project, I'm afraid. I'll get back to you ASAP

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.