AnimtoolsV14 issue on mac (Yosemite) (1 Viewer)

Atreides

Potential Patron
I recently downloaded animtoolsv14 and cannot get it to work. I have used both methods/instructions that are provided (the instructions in the text which is included in the download and the video instructions from the link provided on sby's page). I have also attempted it with the older version (v13) with no success.
I am running a mac using 10.10.1 (yosemite) and I have a standalone flash player at version 11.2
What I did:
1) copied and pasted the animtoolsv14.swf into the root folder (the folder which contains the loader)
2) placed the positions folder into the settings folder (the settings folder which is in the same folder as the loader)
3) grabbed the entire folder (the folder that appeared when I unzipped the download) and placed it into the Mods folder.
4)Made sure to update the characters folder text to include animtoolsV14

I did not change the value from 0 to 1 in the text (which sby said to change in order for it to load on startup) because when I looked, it was already at that value.

When I attempt to load from the animtoolsv14.swf (the one i pasted into the root folder) I get these messages:
TypeError:Error #1009:Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference at animtoolsV14_fla::MainTimeline/doeditmodeloaded()

When I hit continue I get this message:
TypeError:Error #1009:Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference
at animtoolsV14_fla::MainTimeline/doCheck() at animtoolsV14_fla::MainTimeline/dostuff()

When I hit continue again I get this message:
TypeError:Error #1009:Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference
at obj::SaveData/loadCustomChars_l()
at DT/loadDelayDone_l()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchevent()
at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

When I dismiss all these messages I get a page which loads up (the game in edit mode) but the buttons page is totally blank and now even the games page is not working (in edit mode)

If anyone can provide any help I would appreciate it immensely. I am a graphic designer who has been enjoying SDT and everything the SDT Mod community has had to offer, for 3 years now. I am beginning my journey now to learning the ins and outs of this program so I can hopefully design some new characters from scratch (redrawing body,legs,face using the templates) so I can create a more realistic u template to load mods onto. I wanted to start with sky's tutorial video but I am stuck already. I already have an older version (v8) of animtools working so I know a bit of what I'm doing (Just an FYI I made sure to delete the older version from the folders and updating the character text before i tried installing the newer versions. I even redownloaded the loader from scratch to make sure that was not the issue.)

sby

Content Creator
Coder
copied from pm:

when you update your loader, grab the loader.swf and SDT.swf
might also consider glancing at the Settings.txt and comparing it to your old version to see if there are any new settings

also grab and update the templateextension that is found in the $init folder under default mods.

(these are the special things when updating your version of the loader to an existing folder structure, instead of moving mods over to a new loader)

Atreides

Potential Patron
Thanks for the explanation. I decided to just download the loader pack that you posted on your page and it is all working smoothly now. I have moved on to editing positions and now learning a bit about coding. Thanks for offering that loader pack, otherwise I would be having a bit of a headache right now.

aztlan

Casual Client
I've done the same thing. I cannot get the new version of the Loader (5.42 or 5.43) to work smoothly - the LOADER will work (though with no intro music) but other .swf files like TwiceTest.swf and animtoolsV14.swf (when used to create/edit new animations) will not load - they just give a blank blue-gray screen (the background color for SDT not a BSD).

However I fear that my issue may be that I may have corrupted how 5.42 and 5.43 load by using Fleak's auto-hotkey routine...

sby

Content Creator
Coder
aztlan said:
I've done the same thing. I cannot get the new version of the Loader (5.42 or 5.43) to work smoothly - the LOADER will work (though with no intro music) but other .swf files like TwiceTest.swf and animtoolsV14.swf (when used to create/edit new animations) will not load - they just give a blank blue-gray screen (the background color for SDT not a BSD).

However I fear that my issue may be that I may have corrupted how 5.42 and 5.43 load by using Fleak's auto-hotkey routine...

modguy got back to me on this. he changed up the SDT.swf that animtools uses and i just need to add a function call to init stuff. so no, your stuff isn't broken, i just need to release a new version... eventually.

do note that you could still use the older SDT.swf from the previous loader to make new positions in the mean time.

aztlan

Casual Client
Thanks, yes.

I just reverted everything back to Loader 5.41a - some nice soul created a pack for that version! :D

P.S. - If you're going to fix it for Animtools14 (15?) can you also fix it for Twice Test (or even better, create a Twice Test that loads like standard Loader mod and therefore work with Animtools and DA?)

aztlan

Casual Client
I think sby explained it was an incompatibility between SDT 5.43 and the editor for Animtools14, not Ahk. (It just so happened I used Ahk it at the same time the issue cropped up so I incorrectly assumed it was involved...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.