animtools position files in subfolders/-direcotires available in dialogues? (1 Viewer)

Rudgar

Content Creator
Ahoy!
Correct me in case of publishing in the wrong forum again - I'm always willing to learn to how I can do it better.

My situation:
I'm a great fan of organizing files in folders and subfolders. It's a bit of a time to sort things into it, but it saves much more time when searching for something certain. Unfortunately it seems impossible to access position files (*.txt) in any subfolders of the "Settings" directory from a dialogue trigger.
I tried to with [ANIMTOOLS_pussy/missionary_floor] and [ANIMTOOLS_pussy\missionary_floor], but both just failed.

Now did I oversee something? Did I do something wrong? OR is actually just not possible? And will there be a way to access positions in subdirectories of "Settings" in future?

Thanks in Advance and kind regards, Me

sby

Content Creator
Coder
oh hey, i think i did look into this.

i found that my backslashes were disappearing by the time animtools grabbed them from the dialog being played.
i could have sworn i have seen it before where people organized the positions in folders and had a dialog load them.

perhaps one of the fluent dialog folks has an idea about '\' in a action thing [ ] ?

UrMum12345

Content Creator
Ahoy!
Correct me in case of publishing in the wrong forum again - I'm always willing to learn to how I can do it better.

My situation:
I'm a great fan of organizing files in folders and subfolders. It's a bit of a time to sort things into it, but it saves much more time when searching for something certain. Unfortunately it seems impossible to access position files (*.txt) in any subfolders of the "Settings" directory from a dialogue trigger.
I tried to with [ANIMTOOLS_pussy/missionary_floor] and [ANIMTOOLS_pussy\missionary_floor], but both just failed.

Now did I oversee something? Did I do something wrong? OR is actually just not possible? And will there be a way to access positions in subdirectories of "Settings" in future?

Thanks in Advance and kind regards, Me

Have you tried doing something like putting double backslashes? If that doesn't work, then try (just for troubleshooting) making a position named "pussyissionary_floor" in the base folder. Sometimes interpreters will take a backslash to indicate a special character (\n,\t, etc,) and drop the backslash and the character after it.

I dont do anything with dialogues or positions, so I have no idea if this would work or not. I would test it myself, but Idk how to setup all this :P

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i did try to escape it with a \\ before, didn't work. i didn't really try much anything past that though

Rudgar

Content Creator
I tried this one:
Code:
initial_settings:{"delimiter1":"/","delimiter2":"//","delimiter3":"\","delimiter4":"\\"}
intro:"*delimiter1*delimiter1*delimiter1*[ANIMTOOLS_pussy*delimiter1*animtools_pussy_missionary_floor]"
intro:"*delimiter2*delimiter2*delimiter2*[ANIMTOOLS_pussy*delimiter2*animtools_pussy_missionary_floor]"
intro:"*delimiter3*delimiter3*delimiter3*[ANIMTOOLS_pussy*delimiter3*animtools_pussy_missionary_floor]"
intro:"*delimiter4*delimiter4*delimiter4*[ANIMTOOLS_pussy*delimiter4*animtools_pussy_missionary_floor]"
Didn't work either. :frown:

Pim_gd

Content Creator
DialogueActions is capable of targeting other character folders and their subfolders with forward slashes just fine. So forward slashes should be parsed correctly by the dialogue system.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
DialogueActions is capable of targeting other character folders and their subfolders with forward slashes just fine. So forward slashes should be parsed correctly by the dialogue system.
the tests i was doing was without dialog actions, as animtools reads the action word from the dialog class (forgot which one)

i could go through dialog actions to do these, but then i am highly doubting i can do regular expression based actions such as ^ANIMTOOLS_
also prefer i don't have outside requirements to use the features. i could do something where it can use dialog actions instead if that is loaded, and has the typical code as fallback.
anyway, i'll have to skim through some stuff next time i boot up my old laptop.

Pim_gd

Content Creator
the tests i was doing was without dialog actions, as animtools reads the action word from the dialog class (forgot which one)

i could go through dialog actions to do these, but then i am highly doubting i can do regular expression based actions such as ^ANIMTOOLS_
also prefer i don't have outside requirements to use the features. i could do something where it can use dialog actions instead if that is loaded, and has the typical code as fallback.
anyway, i'll have to skim through some stuff next time i boot up my old laptop.

Pim_gd / SDTDialogueActions / source / src / SoundTriggers.as — Bitbucket This code and

Pim_gd / SDTDialogueActions / source / src / FileReferenceHandler.as — Bitbucket

that code is what I use to parse "[PLAY_BGM_$OtherFolder/music.mp3]". ... Basically, I'm not doing anything special, just URLrequests.

Rudgar

Content Creator
Ummm, may I carefully ask if there is any progress or change on this topic?
Will there be a way to load AnimTools Positions from directories below the "settings/animtools" folder?

Just asking to show that there is still interest on this topic - no rush, no hurry.

Respectfully,
Rudgar

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.