Akatsuki (Log Horizon) (1 Viewer)

BTSpoon

Potential Patron
I would like to request Akatsuki's hair please.
Adding shots on both angles for easily missed spots.
Will gladly look for more if needed.

tNPsBwi.jpg

b6a1ttl.png

hfZW0K1.png

zXuwT7D.png

stuntcock

Content Creator
Will gladly look for more if needed.
That might be a good idea. These images aren't terrible, but they have some flaws.
  • all of the images exhibit compression artifacts
    • this probably means that they were pulled from a low-quality source video
    • alternatively - they may have been taken from a high-res source but then saved as JPEGs with heavy compression
    • try to find a high-quality copy of the OVA and take lossless screenshots (PNG)
  • the two side shots seem to come from "action scenes"
    • action scenes almost always show less detail (and artistic fidelity) because animators need to draw so many different frames
    • the shape of the bangs and ponytail suggests movement. This isn't ideal.
      • we usually want to trace a hairstyle in its resting shape
      • "action shots" are useful. They often reveal hidden/layered parts of the hair, and inform the animator about how it should move.
    • try to find side shots in which the character is at rest (e.g. standing and talking to someone beside her, or walking along slowly)
      • feel free to grab a few high-quality action shots if you want to
  • several of the images show nighttime scenes
    • night lighting isn't ideal. The artistic details of SDT (skin shine, clothes highlights, etc) tend to assume daylight. A night-lit hairstyle would probably look out-of place
    • try to find daytime reference images, if possible
  • some details are missing or inconsistent
    • none of the images shows how the ponytail is secured
    • the first and fourth images show the ponytail being fairly thick at its root; #2 and #3 make it thinner
    • none of the images shows the entire length of the ponytail
    • the length of the bangs changes between images
    • the width of the sidelocks changes between images
    • if possible - try to find one particularly good side-view reference image and declare it to be "correct"
      • you can include additional images which differ from the primary one (for context/comparison/whatever)
      • the artist may choose to alter some of the details for gameplay reasons (e.g. shorten the ponytail so that it doesn't clip through her legs, shorten the bangs so that the eyebrow remains visible) or personal preference

BTSpoon

Potential Patron
Going to be a little tricky finding pic or two, but I'll see what I can come up with.
Can't find what's holding her ponytail up except for the few random occasions like when shes wearing a dress.
As for shorting the ponytail, I'm cool with. Completely content with feasibility.
So far I've found :

wnXAIA3.png

IPm9SJB.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.