A little help? (1 Viewer)

Dr. Doctor

Potential Patron
I can't play the game, and I have no idea why. Nothing moves, the tip of his dick is cut off, her hair is floating and her jaw keeps moving but nothing else happens.

My sound card is fried and dead, and I heard that might have a hand in this.

Screeny attached to show what's going on.
[attachthumb=1]

Attachments

wut.bmp
1.6 MB · Views: 216

Dr. Doctor

Potential Patron
Uninstalled and reinstalled, gonna restart and see if it helped.

Nope, still the same thing. Every other flash I go to works perfectly.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Post what version of SDT you are using, what version and revision of flash you are using, what you are using to play SDT (i.e. Firefox, Internet Explorer, flashplayer, flashplayer standalone, etc.)

Dr. Doctor

Potential Patron
I'm using the very newest version of Flash [10.2.153.1], I'm playing 1.3b of SDT, and I've tried using Firefox and the stand-alone player. All the same story: gives me what's in that screeny. I can access the menu, change her tit size, change character, zoom, everything except nothing moves.

also: sorry about that double post

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
It's ok... lol I'm using 10.1 r102 and I haven't had any problems.

I'm trying to think of what things would mess with your flash. I really doubt it's your sound card, unless we are talking about a laptop or something with an onboard sound card, but still, shouldn't affect it.

fallout666

Potential Patron
you most likely got the one that needs to use internet and not one that lets you play on computer with internet.

redric

Potential Patron
Ignore him, he rarely ever says anything that makes any sense.

You certainly have a weird problem, especially weird that having the newest version doesn't fix your problem.

I would say try a clean install of flash and see if that does anything.

Uninstall it, go through and delete all flash folders, Use CCleaner. After all of that restart your computer, download a fresh version of the flash.

Or try a fresh download of the flash standalone.

Honestly, it sounds like you have some sort of hardware or OS problem.

btc

Potential Patron
is it possible that some kind of add on for his browser might give him an issue? Maybe it's blocking something?

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
No, he said he used the stand alone, that should bypass any browser or install issues. And the fact that he had the same problems running one off of a website means that it's not the version of SDT he has.

I think the only way it could be a hardware issue is if his computer can't run flash, which I doubt that's the case. I also doubt it's an OS issue, but what OS are you running?

Also, how are you running the stand alone. Try this if you aren't doing it. Run the standalone, and go to File>Open, and then select SDT and run it, just to make sure you are running it with the proper version of the standalone.

Wvage

Potential Patron
Oh man I thought I was the only one with this problem.

EDIT: I just read the rest of the OP and I don't even have a sound driver at the moment. It could be.

ModGuy

Content Creator
The fact that the game runs and some options work means that an error is being thrown at some point.
Load the game in to Flash and observe the debug output.

Wvage

Potential Patron
I get this error every time I start it:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at obj::SoundControl/playIntro()
at DT/openMainMenu()
at DT/initGame()
at DT/completePreloader()

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Oh... that might be because you don't have a sound driver, because it wants to play the intro sound but your computer doesn't know how to do that. I would suggest getting sound drivers and seeing if that fixes it.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
I can confirm that you missing a sound driver is the reason. I recreated these conditions by disabling my sound card. Install the software for your sound card, or find the drivers for your sound card and that should fix the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.